Vietjet to launch 4 direct cross-country routes from September

Thaiger

From next month, Vietjet will resume a number of domestic routes between Thai provinces without the need to connect in Bangkok. The carrier is promoting 4 routes for around 389 baht when taxes and other fees are factored in. According to TTR Weekly, the airline has dropped its 1pm – 3pm booking window so passengers now have more time to make their reservation. The fare sale closes at midnight on Friday, August 20. The cheap fares allow for travel from September 15 to December 31, although 3 out of the 4 routes will not be operational until October or November, […]

The post Vietjet to launch 4 direct cross-country routes from September appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If the airline does not give the product you order from them they have to refound you 100%

The airline can't make up their own rules for buying and selling! Convid or not...

This is just one way this cheap airline is trying to scam you

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Are these flights definitely going to fly or is that dependent on the Covid situation ?

Are they likely to extend the flying ban again ?

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Fluke said:

Are these flights definitely going to fly or is that dependent on the Covid situation ?

Are they likely to extend the flying ban again ?

Not sure, Fluke, since like most of these reports, there are many questions left unanswered.

One thing's for sure, though, if you are interested, this super fare-sale ends tomorrow . . . plenty of notice, eh?

• Like 1

The downsides are obvious, but I hope this is successful.  The whole airline system in Thailand (and many other things) needs to be progressed away from their Bangkok centric approach whereby people have to fly into and out of Bangkok, to go from one Province to another.  

• Like 1

Not a lot the airlines can do other than plan on the information they have at present.

if the government decide at the last moment to not allow the flights (as has already happened numerous times) they get all the bad press.

They are in a very difficult position to say the least.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Ok..so Im just trying to get back to CNX...I go to the "7 days" at PKT....which they profess, and then can fly Vietjet from PKT to CNX????(thai spin)......Dont see that happening in the "real world"...

Or in reality I still have to do 14 days on PKT and Vietjet then cancels my flight after booking it.(likely outcome)

I use Vietjet as its a cheap option to jump from Swampy to CNX directly but their site is very sketchy

when you book as they try to check boxes for you and upgrade you secretly....just book cautiously....

As usual sounds good in hearsay but doubtful and logical plan ever pans out in the LOS.....sadly....sighs

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

Awesome, I hope there will be more CNX routes in the future such as:

CNX < > KK

My Thai wife has family there and I always thought Khon Kaen was the heart of Esan, not Udon 🙄

Great, that's the quickest means of transport to CM, CR, UT, PT and YH ...

... for the virus 🦠 🦠 🦠 

I guess they will set a limit on case numbers again when they promise to stop it. How about 100.000 per week? Success guaranteed.

(sarcasm off)

59 minutes ago, DeeBKK said:

CNX < > KK

My Thai wife has family there and I always thought Khon Kaen was the heart of Esan, not Udon 🙄

Airlines will fly the routes where they can get bums on seats. Therefore that explains why Khon Kaen is not considered as import as Udon or Korat given their cities respective populations

On 8/26/2021 at 1:35 PM, gummy said:

Airlines will fly the routes where they can get bums on seats. Therefore that explains why Khon Kaen is not considered as import as Udon or Korat given their cities respective populations

I understand that, but the number of people living in a city doesn't represent the amount of booked seats, I would look more at the number of people living inside the actual province.

1 hour ago, DeeBKK said:

I understand that, but the number of people living in a city doesn't represent the amount of booked seats, I would look more at the number of people living inside the actual province.

What's the point of that in a rural province ? You think 500,000 poor farmers are going to turn up at the airport with their iron buffaloes to fly off somewhere if there were direct flights ? As I said it is about city dwellers, generally far better of financially than the rural poor.

On 8/26/2021 at 1:39 AM, DeeBKK said:

CNX < > KK

a decent night bus CNX-KK as ive taken it a few times if no flights......2 drivers..bright yellow buses--clean