If You Had The World’s Attention For 30 Seconds, What Would You Say?

Lorraine

My answer would be: Take care of yourself. Take care of your loved ones , take care of all animals and most importantly help take care of the earth.

• Like 1

I would start with a Steve Job quote 

"Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma – which is living with the results of other people's thinking." 

• Like 1

I would broadcast in everyone's language and based on what i have seen in my life time, the message would be

Save the Planet as it is a patient with declining Health

• Angry 1

Very true Andrew and that makes me very angry when i start to think of the damage done by the human race to this planet.

The list is endless and to name a few, Plastic waste, Nuclear weapons, Natural resources, Ecosystem,

Think and Act Positively.  There always was and always will be problems - do not let them dominate your life.  Turn off the 'bad news' mainstream media and negative social media - they only make you think things are worse than they really are.

• 2 months later...

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life! Live, love, take care of yourself and your loved ones.

Then, I'd like to add Maya Angelou quote:

"You are the sum total of everything you've ever seen, heard, eaten, smelled, been told, forgot - it's all there. Everything influences each of us, and because of that I try to make sure that my experiences are positive." 

• Like 1

Do your utmost every day to make ALL those people around you happy . . . and be happy if only ONE of them manages to return the favour, since their lot may be a hundred times harder than your own.

1)
"Climate Change is a naturally occurring event that man can not control and only has a minor effect on. It has been going on since the planet was formed and will continue long after we (and every other species on the planet) has died off.
Again.
As has happened numerous times in the past and will happen numerous times in the future.
In fact, real scientists (not angry 16 year old kids) have determined that man's effect on the climate has merely delayed the onset of the next freezing (or "glaciation") phase by 500-1,500 years. Not a full blown Ice Age perhaps, but it's going to make people really, really wish they had left all that CO2 in the atmosphere.

When the ice melts, guess what we have ? It's called a "greenhouse" earth. More water for people to drink, more land to live on and grow crops on. Life flourishes when the planet is warm !

And guess what happens when the planet freezes over (again) from a lack of CO2 in the atmosphere ? It's called a "snowball earth" and almost all life on the planet DIES ! (Except for microbacterial life deep in the oceans around thermal vents.)
Personally, I'd rather live on a warm, thriving planet and work around the minor issues like rising water levels than trying to live on a frozen wasteland where everything is dying or already dead.

Winter is coming Greta. And you are not going to like it at all."

2)
"Covid-19 was created in a lab and (presumably) accidently released, probably by a researcher who didn't even know they were infected. 3 different labs were all studying the virus and had been for years before the outbreak. 
But before the outbreak, people didn't think the virus could jump from animals to humans so their safety precautions and contamination procedures weren't as strict.
The idea that a bat infected a pangolin which then infected some other bats which were then bought, undercooked and eaten is so ridiculous, the Chinese themselves don't even try to push it anymore. Preferring instead to try and blame it on the Americans (naturally).

But somehow the idea that it could have accidentally been leaked from a lab that had been conducting (presumably) thousands of tests and experiments on those exact kinds of viruses for years is crazy talk ?

Good thing the Chinese had plenty of time to destroy all the evidence before anyone decided to actually investigate it eh ?"

3)
"Trump LOST ! Get over it !
There was no  "mass fraud" and the election was not "stolen".

He lost the popular vote (this time) by over 7 million votes ! (Last time, Clinton received over 2.6 million more votes that Trump but lost the election.)
Every Federal case the Republicans have tried to put before the courts has been tossed out. Even by judges appointed by Trump, up to and including on the Supreme Court.

The "Cyber Ninja" idiots in Arizona still have not found any indication of any fraud in the ballots that have now been counted at least 4 times.

Trump LOST. End of story."

4)
"Long time means "long time" !! It does not mean "wham, bam, thank you teerak now where is my tip".
It used to be that "long time" meant you'd leave the bar (with her) and go do (whatever) and then sometime the next morning (10ish or so) she'd quietly leave.
"Short time" used to be 2-3 hours. Unless you gave her the boot early of course.

Then it started to be just like in the rest of the world. Where there is no "long time" and "short time" means "in/out and back to the bar" in 30 minutes (or less). 

I demand a return to the old "long time/short time" rules ! And a return to the prices back then as well ! Especially when you have to go to 3-4 bars to find one worth bar-fining in the first place ! (The standards for go-go dancers really went down in the last few years before covid.)"

On 7/26/2021 at 2:56 PM, kerryd said:

1)
"Climate Change is a naturally occurring event that man can not control and only has a minor effect on. It has been going on since the planet was formed and will continue long after we (and every other species on the planet) has died off.
Again.
As has happened numerous times in the past and will happen numerous times in the future.
In fact, real scientists (not angry 16 year old kids) have determined that man's effect on the climate has merely delayed the onset of the next freezing (or "glaciation") phase by 500-1,500 years. Not a full blown Ice Age perhaps, but it's going to make people really, really wish they had left all that CO2 in the atmosphere.

When the ice melts, guess what we have ? It's called a "greenhouse" earth. More water for people to drink, more land to live on and grow crops on. Life flourishes when the planet is warm !

And guess what happens when the planet freezes over (again) from a lack of CO2 in the atmosphere ? It's called a "snowball earth" and almost all life on the planet DIES ! (Except for microbacterial life deep in the oceans around thermal vents.)
Personally, I'd rather live on a warm, thriving planet and work around the minor issues like rising water levels than trying to live on a frozen wasteland where everything is dying or already dead.

Winter is coming Greta. And you are not going to like it at all."

2)
"Covid-19 was created in a lab and (presumably) accidently released, probably by a researcher who didn't even know they were infected. 3 different labs were all studying the virus and had been for years before the outbreak. 
But before the outbreak, people didn't think the virus could jump from animals to humans so their safety precautions and contamination procedures weren't as strict.
The idea that a bat infected a pangolin which then infected some other bats which were then bought, undercooked and eaten is so ridiculous, the Chinese themselves don't even try to push it anymore. Preferring instead to try and blame it on the Americans (naturally).

But somehow the idea that it could have accidentally been leaked from a lab that had been conducting (presumably) thousands of tests and experiments on those exact kinds of viruses for years is crazy talk ?

Good thing the Chinese had plenty of time to destroy all the evidence before anyone decided to actually investigate it eh ?"

3)
"Trump LOST ! Get over it !
There was no  "mass fraud" and the election was not "stolen".

He lost the popular vote (this time) by over 7 million votes ! (Last time, Clinton received over 2.6 million more votes that Trump but lost the election.)
Every Federal case the Republicans have tried to put before the courts has been tossed out. Even by judges appointed by Trump, up to and including on the Supreme Court.

The "Cyber Ninja" idiots in Arizona still have not found any indication of any fraud in the ballots that have now been counted at least 4 times.

Trump LOST. End of story."

4)
"Long time means "long time" !! It does not mean "wham, bam, thank you teerak now where is my tip".
It used to be that "long time" meant you'd leave the bar (with her) and go do (whatever) and then sometime the next morning (10ish or so) she'd quietly leave.
"Short time" used to be 2-3 hours. Unless you gave her the boot early of course.

Then it started to be just like in the rest of the world. Where there is no "long time" and "short time" means "in/out and back to the bar" in 30 minutes (or less). 

I demand a return to the old "long time/short time" rules ! And a return to the prices back then as well ! Especially when you have to go to 3-4 bars to find one worth bar-fining in the first place ! (The standards for go-go dancers really went down in the last few years before covid.)"

I was a professional radio announcer for 20 years, in a previous life, and I can assure you that is longer than 30 seconds.

1 hour ago, MrStretch said:

I was a professional radio announcer for 20 years, in a previous life, and I can assure you that is longer than 30 seconds.

For each chapter or the whole post ?

I didn't want to make 4 separate posts though I knew some might think it was all meant to be done in 30 seconds.

But if you spoke like some of those auctioneers (or bible thumping Baptist preachers when they get on a roll), you could probably do the whole post in 15 seconds.

Of course 99% of the people listening wouldn't understand a word of it !

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“ Stop saving the planet, and start saving ourselves “ 

Stop saving the planet and start saving ourselves. And what do I mean by that? What will happen if you throw something to this planet? It will just throw it back to us. It's cause and effect don’t you think. Think about this, oil reservoirs beneath the ocean floor rise above the ocean due to ocean floor earthquakes. How many times do you think that happened before in thousands of years or even billions of years, and guess what, we still have fishes swimming in the ocean. I still saw Nemo and Dory having their adventure. How many volcanic eruptions have happened? Forest fire? The air is still clean after that. It means after all that happens, the planet still survives and she doesn’t need saving. She can clean everything by herself I guess. Then come to think about this, an oil spill on the ocean, and with volcanic eruption, and a nuclear plant explosion, what will the planet do? Nothing and she will still survive. How about the humans on the planet? What will they do? They will go into panic, the instinct of survival strikes. This pandemic, do you think our planet is affected by it?

Nobody can save it the planet. The planet lives on its own, She did it before we are even here on this planet. How many ice ages have passed, how many evolutions have passed, how many asteroids have landed, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions have passed, the planet is still here.

We need to save ourselves from extinction: What if "winter is coming " and winter will stay very long, night will be longer than days, we need technologies that will provide heat for ourselves. Solar Energy will not work as intended with limited sunlight, Wind Turbines hmmm. I guess not either, Nuclear plants are dangerous, Hydro Power plants will be useless with frozen water, Steam Engines will work or should I say Geothermal Plant. Think about it, it is possible. It's a free source of energy. Maybe we could think of something free to use.