18 arrested at Bang Lamung birthday party, ecstasy reportedly present

Thaiger

Police in Bang Lamung, a district on the Gulf of Thailand, arrested 18 people yesterday at a birthday party. The raid, which made it a surprise birthday party in a way, happened at 11 Pm at a home in the Nong Pla Yen sub-district. Police were alerted to the birthday party from a concerned citizen who was reportedly afraid the party could lead to a Covid outbreak. So, the police decided to stage a raid. At the house, police found 18 people, many of whom were teenagers. Police say there was an abundance of drugs and alcohol present at the […]

The post 18 arrested at Bang Lamung birthday party, ecstasy reportedly present appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I'm surprised the police showed up at that hour. Many probably needed the brown envelope  money imop

Edited by riclag

13 minutes ago, riclag said:

I'm surprised the police showed up at that hour. Many probably needed the brown envelope  money imop

🥱🥱🥱

Really? Still talking about 'brown envelopes?' Ah well. Carry on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Police in Bang Lamung, a district on the Gulf of Thailand, arrested 18 people yesterday at a birthday party. The raid, which made it a surprise birthday party in a way, happened at 11 Pm at a home in the Nong Pla Yen sub-district. Police were alerted to the birthday party from a concerned citizen who was reportedly afraid the party could lead to a Covid outbreak. So, the police decided to stage a raid. At the house, police found 18 people, many of whom were teenagers. Police say there was an abundance of drugs and alcohol present at the […]

The post 18 arrested at Bang Lamung birthday party, ecstasy reportedly present appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Orwellian

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

News Flash! Teenagers don't get covid... Pass it along. 

Exactly. Teenagers don’t get Covid symptoms, but pass the virus it along to older people who do. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Exactly. Teenagers don’t get Covid symptoms, but pass the virus it along to older people who do. 

You really think there not exposed by not having parties? You going to lock everyone in their homes indefinitely? No you're not... there's no escape, get over it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Soidog said:

The false 'Kill Granny' narrative still seems alive and kicking in some less-informed parts of the world...

You really think there not exposed by not having parties? You going to lock everyone in their homes indefinitely? No you're not... there's no escape, get over it. 

That’s not the point is it. The country is in partial lockdown. Businesses and people are suffering by doing their bit to try and get the numbers under control (not zero and not eliminated) but under control and buying time to get people vaccinated. Everyone should do their part and simply brushing off teenagers as kids having fun without understanding it could lead to elderly relatives dying is selfish in the extreme. 

It’s all about risk. Of course there a risk of being exposed in everything you do. But there is a much higher risk when in a confined space or being close to a lot of people. Risk management is the reason for these rules. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BlueSphinx said:

The false 'Kill Granny' narrative still seems alive and kicking in some less-informed parts of the world...

Well that’s because the truth usually last longer than lies. Many grannies have been killed and I wonder how that happened? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Well that’s because the truth usually last longer than lies. Many grannies have been killed and I wonder how that happened? 

Do some research, and you will find out that it were NOT the children and teenagers that were forbidden to visit their grand-parents, that caused the demise of the elderly...

As per every other party raid there will be no follow up on the fines etc. because no farang involved, what happened about the recent Thong Lor party attendees ?

2 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Do some research, and you will find out that it were NOT the children and teenagers that were forbidden to visit their grand-parents, that caused the demise of the elderly...

Well that may have been the case in the U.K. and no doubt a few other countries where poor mis-management in care homes was a problem. But in countries where people live in multi-generation households (such as Thailand) it is the case that a partying teenager can come home and pass the virus on to older relatives. Common sense. No research needed. 

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

Well that may have been the case in the U.K. and no doubt a few other countries where poor mis-management in care homes was a problem. But in countries where people live in multi-generation households (such as Thailand) it is the case that a partying teenager can come home and pass the virus on to older relatives. Common sense. No research needed. 

Again, you really think that teenager hasn't already been exposed to Covid19? Unless you lock yourself into your house and never come out, or wear a full biohazard suit, you've been exposed already. There is no hiding from this. Get over it. The death rate is low... lower than other diseases endemic to Thailand. It's time to move on with this disease... the data supports this. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.

8 hours ago, Soidog said:

Agreed... and this transmission happened well before their party. The disease is already endemic, we have to learn to live with it now. Are we going to lockdown those children, lockdown the entire society indefinitely? No we are not... 

Agreed... and this transmission happened well before their party. The disease is already endemic, we have to learn to live with it now. Are we going to lockdown those children, lockdown the entire society indefinitely? No we are not... 

Totally agree about it being endemic and as soon as Thailand is better protected through vaccines we will have to learn to live with it. This idea of locking down every time there’s a few cases is crazy in a vaccinated population. That’s why the U.K. is now fully open apart from a few restrictions on international travel. Covid will continue to kill 10.000-20,000 a year in a population the size of Thailand 

22 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Again, you really think that teenager hasn't already been exposed to Covid19? Unless you lock yourself into your house and never come out, or wear a full biohazard suit, you've been exposed already. There is no hiding from this. Get over it. The death rate is low... lower than other diseases endemic to Thailand. It's time to move on with this disease... the data supports this. 

Yes it is low and lower than other endemic diseases in Thailand. But that is because of restrictions. How many would be dead if restrictions weren’t in place. We will never know. In the U.K. it’s around 130,000 and that was with lockdown. Without it could have been 200,000-250,000. 

Once Thailand is more vaccinated we can treat this like any other endemic disease. 

24 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes it is low and lower than other endemic diseases in Thailand. But that is because of restrictions. How many would be dead if restrictions weren’t in place. We will never know. In the U.K. it’s around 130,000 and that was with lockdown. Without it could have been 200,000-250,000. 

Once Thailand is more vaccinated we can treat this like any other endemic disease. 

We'll never know? We do know right now... the data is in (current wide-spread testing, when done confirms this). This disease has run its course from the very beginning when Wuhan vacationers were coming in all through Jan, Feb, march, 2020. It is only in the last few months, that strict restrictions have been imposed. The disease is everywhere and has been. I will further assert, that until everyone is tested, the truth of this will never be known. Because if you test everywhere you will find many more positives. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb

33 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

We'll never know? We do know right now... the data is in (current wide-spread testing, when done confirms this). This disease has run its course from the very beginning when Wuhan vacationers were coming in all through Jan, Feb, march, 2020. It is only in the last few months, that strict restrictions have been imposed. The disease is everywhere and has been. I will further assert, that until everyone is tested, the truth of this will never be known. Because if you test everywhere you will find many more positives. 

My question to which there is no answer, is: What would have been the death toll in a country like the U.K. had they not imposed restrictions and lockdowns? That data is not in. When have we had Covid-19 and not imposed some form of restrictions or lockdowns? There is no real world data for that, only various computer models with varying degrees of uncertainty. 

I don’t understand why this question keeps on being misinterpreted? I’ll use the umbrella analogy again if this helps? How can you know how wet you would have got in a rain shower had you not decided to take an umbrella with you? In this analogy the rain is the virus and the umbrella the lockdowns and restrictions? 

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

My question to which there is no answer, is: What would have been the death toll in a country like the U.K. had they not imposed restrictions and lockdowns? That data is not in. When have we had Covid-19 and not imposed some form of restrictions or lockdowns? There is no real world data for that, only various computer models with varying degrees of uncertainty. 

I don’t understand why this question keeps on being misinterpreted? I’ll use the umbrella analogy again if this helps? How can you know how wet you would have got in a rain shower had you not decided to take an umbrella with you? In this analogy the rain is the virus and the umbrella the lockdowns and restrictions? 

Answer: You go out into the rain and find out. That is entirely my point, it's been raining covid in Thailand for 18 months, its endemic now. Furthermore, the assessment here is not the U.K. it is Thailand. Each country, each region needs to make its own assessments based upon their own particular set of circumstance. It is likely one of the main reasons, Neil Ferguson's projects were ALL wrong creating the hyper-reaction we've seen thus far.

Edited by Freeduhdumb

17 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Answer: You go out into the rain and find out. That is entirely my point, it's been raining covid in Thailand for 18 months, its endemic now. Furthermore, the assessment here is not the U.K. it is Thailand. Each country, each region needs to make its own assessments based upon their own particular set of circumstance. It is likely one of the main reasons, Neil Ferguson's projects were ALL wrong creating the hyper-reaction we've seen thus far.

I think you may be choosing to deliberately miss my point. So you are suggesting no quarantine and no restrictions and just “see what happens”? Just “wing it”? If, as some of the models predict, this would result in 100,000 cases and 2,000 deaths a day, how do you propose the healthcare system copes with such a situation? 

Its been “raining Covid” in Thailand since April this year (5 months) and in that time cases numbers and deaths continue to rise. The unanswered question is by how much will the rise continue? However, that’s a question we WILL get an answer to in tje coming weeks. However, going back to my initial point, we will NEVER get an answer to the question - By how much would it rise if there were no restrictions or lockdown?  That data, as I have already said, simply does not and will not ever be answered. No country is prepared to try it and I can’t say I blame them. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

I think you may be choosing to deliberately miss my point. So you are suggesting no quarantine and no restrictions and just “see what happens”? Just “wing it”? If, as some of the models predict, this would result in 100,000 cases and 2,000 deaths a day, how do you propose the healthcare system copes with such a situation? 

Its been “raining Covid” in Thailand since April this year (5 months) and in that time cases numbers and deaths continue to rise. The unanswered question is by how much will the rise continue? However, that’s a question we WILL get an answer to in tje coming weeks. However, going back to my initial point, we will NEVER get an answer to the question - By how much would it rise if there were no restrictions or lockdown?  That data, as I have already said, simply does not and will not ever be answered. No country is prepared to try it and I can’t say I blame them. 

Turn off the Tele.. mate! Go outside and breath some fresh air. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
  • Haha 1