Yellow House book and Thai ID Card for Expats

AussieBob

3 hours ago, cockneyboy said:

you were talking about renewing car tax and insurance, not putting a vehicle in your name, therefore no id card required

what is an id log book

To renew your tax and Insurance you need to provide the log book of the vehicle, or registration book depending on which Country you're from. To register your name and address in the book, you require either a Yellow Tabien Baan or a residence certificate.

On 3/4/2022 at 12:55 PM, OOber said:

Bank's for a few years now wouldn't accept the driver's license

But WILL accept an 'untranslated' copy of your passport.

On 4/23/2022 at 10:10 PM, Faz said:

To renew your tax and Insurance you need to provide the log book of the vehicle, or registration book depending on which Country you're from. To register your name and address in the book, you require either a Yellow Tabien Baan or a residence certificate.

to renew a tax disc, the black/blue book is already in someone's name, i renew a few vehicles tax and insurance that are in the wife's name,  no id card or yellow book required and in fact a photo copy of the book is all that is needed, 

53 minutes ago, cockneyboy said:

to renew a tax disc, the black/blue book is already in someone's name,

What do you think was used to enter the person's ID (name) and address in the book?

• 1 month later...

cockneyboy is correct. as is Faz

renewing the registration is as simple as paying the inspection fee and tax, no id required, putting the vehicle registration in your name is a different story.

Eg my Dmax is in the wife name, I dont show my Id to pay for the inspection or registration fee,

All I have to show is the blue book for the car or the green book for the bike.

So, no green book or blue book = no re-registration, pretty simple.👍

• 9 months later...

Went to City hall. Asked about documents needed for Yellow house book and Pink I D card.

After considerable trouble and running around, finally returned to City hall with wife and witness. This was in January this year...2023.n

Documents checked, all ok. So taken to see guy in a separate office. Now all in Thai .opened his appointments book. Smiled and said come back in September!

Really I asked my wife. Other provinces issue you on the day or shortly afterwards

Can anyone shed light on this lengthy period. I have my own theory but is not printable.

I may try to book an appointment with the Mayor for further enlightenment.

10 hours ago, Hoochmagandie said:

Went to City hall.

City Hall where?

10 hours ago, Hoochmagandie said:

Documents checked, all ok. So taken to see guy in a separate office. Now all in Thai .opened his appointments book. Smiled and said come back in September!

He's taking the micky, incompetent, or after a brown envelope.

The procedure is no different from issuing a lost or damaged Blue book for a Thai, and they don't wait months. With the correct required documents, it takes around 20 minutes to print the Yellow book.
A further 10 minutes for a photo, fingerprint and issue of a pink ID card.
That was my experience, in and out in 40 minutes, including queuing.

Busier offices may take longer, but several months, no!

11 hours ago, Hoochmagandie said:

Went to City hall. Asked about documents needed for Yellow house book and Pink I D card.

After considerable trouble and running around, finally returned to City hall with wife and witness. This was in January this year...2023.n

Really I asked my wife. Other provinces issue you on the day or shortly afterwards

Can anyone shed light on this lengthy period. I have my own theory but is not printable.

I may try to book an appointment with the Mayor for further enlightenment.

Depends where you are located and the que. But where I am at even for me I was told, well you can get it in a month or two or he said you have option B with a poo eating grin. I took the option B which didn't bug me so much as was not much to put it to rest.