USA faces criticism from China for leaving Afghanistan in an "awful mess".

Andrew Reeve

13 hours ago, Poolie said:

Yet the Uyghur population is increased by more than 2.5m in eight years 2008-2016? I'd call that a failed genocide or 'cleansing sterilization.'

Been for a look have we? Or just repeating the mantra?

Can we ask where you cite the population increase from? What is your source? An official CCP census? Fox News? Or something potentially more reliable? And it is highly unlikely that they have increased by 20% in 8 years. After all, the current population of the Uyghurs in China is only 12.8 million. Of the ones left alive by the CCP.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

Can we ask where you cite the population increase from? What is your source? An official CCP census? Fox News? Or something potentially more reliable? And it is highly unlikely that they have increased by 20% in 8 years. After all, the current population of the Uyghurs in China is only 12.8 million. Of the ones left alive by the CCP.

"Of the ones left alive by the CCP." - Someones been drinking the kool aid - or listening to Zenz

The birthrate will of course be going down now, as they're no longer a "special" class, and haven't been for a handful of years now.  Previously births didn't count towards the one child policy.  Now they're subject to the same laws as the rest of China.

No more large families - i.e 8 kids anymore...

The one child policy is gone now, but taxes and schooling costs basically limit families financially now to 2 kids or maybe 3 kids.  If you can afford more, you can have more, but you need to be able to pay for the extra kids education, healthcare etc.  It's not free after 2 children.

Some reading for you 
https://thegrayzone.com/2020/03/26/forced-labor-china-us-nato-arms-industry-cold-war/

16 hours ago, shanghailoz said:

I know thats not aimed at me, but I have been for a look a handful of times on my travels.
Truth is more nuanced - China is lenient up to a point, then cracks down.

In China fundamentalism is/was an issue, hence the crackdowns.  Low level terrorism for a number of years - bombings, mass stabbings etc.    Unlike in the West, China gives 2 poops about being politically correct, and will just ban stuff outright.   So no hand waving about "rights", if China decides wearing a burka is fundamentalist (and it has), then it ban's it.  Mosque's have been shut down and/or destroyed also in recent years, as they have been centers for fundamentalism.

https://qz.com/324805/china-has-just-banned-the-burqa-in-its-biggest-muslim-city/

https://www.newsweek.com/170-mosques-destroyed-chinas-xinjiang-crackdown-australian-think-tank-says-1589240

Within China, it's a case of don't cause trouble, and you can do what you want.  Once you start causing issues, the ban hammer comes down.   Fundamentalist Islam is perceived as a threat now at least for China's Citizen's, hence the crackdowns.

Behave like good citizens in China, you don't get the heavy hand of the state.  Cause issues, and the eye of sauron is heavily focused on you...

No it wasn't aimed at you, and while I dont agree with everything, you do have a nuanced view of China which is both valued and rare.  You obviously dont accept the trash printed in the mainsteam media as the great unwashed do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rain said:

From all speculative appearances, looks as if China's gonna be the winner in this keen geopolitical mess. 

Brains rather than brawn will win again probably

4 hours ago, Rain said:

From all speculative appearances, looks as if China's gonna be the winner in this keen geopolitical mess. 

Yup they will get the trillions in precious metals as well as the heroin fields. Payback for helping Dementia Joe with the election?  

14 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Yup they will get the trillions in precious metals as well as the heroin fields. Payback for helping Dementia Joe with the election?  

The didn't actually want Biden to win, so thats a dead end. Trump was sheer entertainment to them. Have you seen Chinese TV?