USA faces criticism from China for leaving Afghanistan in an "awful mess".

Andrew Reeve

744852549_Thaigernews.thumb.jpg.61f59772017255a831ee37cd9a8a03f2.jpg

BEIJING, China (AFP) - After the Taliban seized control of Afghanistan, causing a chaotic departure of US forces and allies, China accused Washington of "leaving an appalling mess" in the nation on Tuesday (Aug 17).

Following the US withdrawal, which sparked a swift advance by Islamist hardliners across the country, including the taking of the capital, Kabul on Sunday, Beijing has signaled its willingness to work with the Taliban.

Faced with criticism over the disorganized withdrawal of US troops after 20 years of US-led military intervention, President Joe Biden defended the withdrawal on Monday, blaming Afghan forces who were “not willing to fight for themselves”.

Hua Chunying, a Chinese Foreign Ministry official, said on Tuesday that Washington has left Afghanistan in "a dreadful mess of unrest, division, and broken families." At a routine press briefing, Ms Hua stated, "America's strength and function is destruction, not construction."

Afghanistan and China share a 76-kilometer border. Beijing has long feared that the neighboring country could serve as a staging ground for minority Uighur separatists in Xinjiang's volatile border region. Last month, however, a high-ranking Taliban delegation met with Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi in Tianjin, guaranteeing that Afghanistan would not be used as a base for extremists.

China in exchange as agreed to provide economic support and investment in Afghanistan. On Monday, Ms Hua stated that China was willing to maintain "friendly and cooperative" relations with Taliban-controlled Afghanistan. On Tuesday, she encouraged the incoming Afghan government to "make a clean split with international forces" and "avoid Afghanistan from becoming a haven for terrorists and extremists once more."

Mr. Biden has promised there will be a total departure of US forces by September 11, bringing the two-decade-long conflict to a close.

Source: The Straits Times

Biden's admin with woke Jacobins, pinko BLM lardies, gender-fluid trannies and Antifa neo-commies has other priorities. Like running USA into ground because it is too white or something.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Andrew Reeve said:

China accused Washington of "leaving an appalling mess" in the nation on Tuesday

which ultimately they helped contribute to by supplying the Tal' with arms .. as they did for the Mujahedeen against the Soviets during the 80's ..

oh' what a tangled web we weave , etc .. 

53 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Biden's admin with woke Jacobins, pinko BLM lardies, gender-fluid trannies and Antifa neo-commies has other priorities. Like running USA into ground because it is too white or something.

Are you from Texas ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Benroon said:

Are you from Texas ?

Don't think so, he didn't mention Catholics, Jews & people who suck peppermints.

🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Faraday said:

Don't think so, he didn't mention Catholics, Jews & people who suck peppermints.

🤣

haha - did you ever see the Top Gear one where they went to Texas and daubed pro gay stuff down their cars - they were pelted with rocks, shot at and told they had x amount of hours to get out of Texas as they don't allow faggots ! 

• Haha 3

Just now, Benroon said:

haha - did you ever see the Top Gear one where they went to Texas and daubed pro gay stuff down their cars - they were pelted with rocks, shot at and told they had x amount of hours to get out of Texas as they don't allow faggots ! 

That was absolutely fantastic; I think they were genuinely scared!

• Haha 1

Just now, Faraday said:

That was absolutely fantastic; I think they were genuinely scared!

For sure they were - I remember when they went into the petrol station, none of them would get out !! Brilliant programme - I miss it.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

54 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

shhhhhhhh you'll upset the Wokehouse , the state department  and Generals who carried out their plans

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Hungarian president has just said he's not taking any afghans for a US f*** up !

Think the US might have misjudged this baby

Tucker did a interview with Orban recently !

My kinda of guy, come to think of it, they both are .

Edited by riclag
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

which ultimately they helped contribute to by supplying the Tal' with arms .. as they did for the Mujahedeen against the Soviets during the 80's ..

Nah they got it from Joe Biden including brand new assault weapons, anti-tank Missile, hundred of humvees and anti-mine trucks, new airplanes and 150 Blackhawk helicopters along with Begram Airbase and Kandahar Airbase

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Dedinbed said:

oh' what a tangled web we weave , etc .. 

China, AK47'S? I think not.

1 hour ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

When Blinken met with the Chinese and brought the purple haired translator I think that was a turning point. The U.S. is an un-serious country in a serious world and it is not immune from history as we are witnessing daily. The fat, opioid addicted and tattooed inhabitants of the U.S. are going to be in for a very rude awakening these next several years.

• Like 2

This is nice! Even a bimbo valley girl chewing gum cannot be that clueless. This is a new record! Solid win for the State Department. Good job!

I think Americans will be soon ready for some Brigadier General Jack Ripper style character taking over and with a strange obsession of pure bodily fluids!

• Like 2

Should be a  criminal investigation and  people held accountable !

These pilots  should be arrested for murder and the state dept head , Blinken  should resign

Edited by riclag

20 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

This is nice! Even a bimbo valley girl chewing gum cannot be that clueless. This is a new record! Solid win for the State Department. Good job!

I think Americans will be soon ready for some Brigadier General Jack Ripper style character taking over and with a strange obsession of pure bodily fluids!

I like Matt W. I watch his video's all the time.

And if they don't adhere to international law ,then what!

Why do I feel that the biden admin is gonna  send in humanitarian aide bribes ,to steer policy  optics!

Edited by riclag

I think the title of this topic is incorrect it should read.

The Democrat Party faces criticism from China for leaving the USA in an "awful mess"

I'd just like to add on a personal note I have absolute respect and admiration for American Republicans they are really good People many of whom I had the honor of working with during my Military career and many I had meet over the last 10 years in Pattaya.

52 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

When Blinken met with the Chinese and brought the purple haired translator I think that was a turning point

I think when Blinken ordered the BLM & Gay Gangbang flags to be hung from US Embassies Worldwide it was a bigger turning point than The fall of the Berlin Wall (for all the wrong reasons).

10k Americans ,left in that country ! I imagine some like it just fine(Taliban sympathizers ),what about the rest !

Held for Ransom, no doubt !

9 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

You do know it was the trump white house that started this whole withdrawal process,  I assume in spite for losing the election.

Not saying, the end couldn't have been handled better, but the cards where already dealt.

Read the Trump deal and come back with a correction on the above statement.

49 minutes ago, 23RD said:

I think the title of this topic is incorrect it should read.

The Democrat Party faces criticism from China for leaving the USA in an "awful mess"

I'd just like to add on a personal note I have absolute respect and admiration for American Republicans they are really good People many of whom I had the honor of working with during my Military career and many I had meet over the last 10 years in Pattaya.

43 minutes ago, 23RD said:

I think when Blinken ordered the BLM & Gay Gangbang flags to be hung from US Embassies Worldwide it was a bigger turning point than The fall of the Berlin Wall (for all the wrong reasons).

I'm slightly confused here.

You're fixated on US Democrats and what you perceive as their failures, obsessed with US Republicans and what "really good people they are", and now highly critical of "Gay Gangbang flags to be hung from US Embassies Worldwide", but you seem totally oblivious to / ignorant of the British Army's near obsession with gay rights, Stonewall ratings, and Pride participation and rainbow flag waving over the last 20 years which it would have been impossible for you to have missed when you served.

All just a little odd .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1