Protester in a coma, police say riot officers used rubber bullets

Thaiger

3 minutes ago, Stonker said:

No it hasn't - all that has been shown is reportedly from thai social media, repeated in Thai media.

You do talk the utmost rubbish which is why you were on ignore previously  and will return again.

Bangkok post reported the hospital statement, or do you consider the Bangkok Post is not the Tha Thai media ?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2166911/police-deny-firing-live-ammunition

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

So if you think from the article  "should generally only be used in direct fire against the lower
body of a violent individual "  is what I said, then clearly you have a poor understanding of my post as I simply quoted it from that article which you have now quite rightly highlighted the later 2020 guidelines have some variances to that.

No, what I clearly quoted you as saying was that "specifically 8.5.2 on page 29" of your link says" the lower body should be targeted".

It doesn't.

You didn't "simply quoted it from that article" as I quoted the complete para (8.5.2) so there could be no confusion and what you say you "quoted" isn't there.  It may sound similar in part (it does, in part) but it's NOT a quote.  

You repeatedly tell others that you have me on ignore. All too evidently you don't.

17 minutes ago, gummy said:

You do talk the utmost rubbish which is why you were on ignore previously  and will return again.

Bangkok post reported the hospital statement, or do you consider the Bangkok Post is not the Tha Thai media ?

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2166911/police-deny-firing-live-ammunition

Yes, the Bangkok Post is indeed "Thai Media", but they have NOT reported "the doctor showing the world the actual bullet which was were removed from the victim" which was what you claimed.

What you are claiming, repeatedly, on this and a variety of subjects, is completely untrue.

The closest the Bangkok Post gets to that is saying that "Rajavithi Hospital announced yesterday morning it had found a bullet lodged in the head of a seriously wounded young protester rushed there by ambulance on Monday night" which is totally different to what you claimed.

I suggest that anyone genuinely interested read the BP article, as it's very different from what you've claimed they said.

I'd strongly suggest reading the BP article (https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2166911/police-deny-firing-live-ammunition) as it paints a very different picture from what's been described here.

Reportedly the man shot in the neck "was running from the direction of the nearby Princeton Park Suite Hotel before being shot and collapsing about 50 metres from Din Daeng police station" and "Live ammunition was fired [at the protester] but it did not come from police," Pol Lt Gen Pakkapong said."

That makes it extremely unlikely that he was shot from the roof of the police station with a rubber bullet as it's too far away, particularly to target the head or neck.  Whatever the type of rubber bullet used by the RTP (and the RTP use a variety), they're simply not accurate or effective at that range - only the types used by the Israelis are, and the RTP doesn't use them.

What seems increasingly likely is that someone other than the RTP opened fire on the protesters, as has happened before.

• Like 1