Tourism operators hopeful after Phuket sandbox mandatory stay reduced to 7 days

Thaiger

43 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Can you post a link of where that came from. I'd be interested to look regularly.

https://ddc.moph.go.th/dcd/pagecontent.php?page=606&dept=dcd

It will be the topmost entry with a flashing Sun next to it.  Looking at it is pointless. For the list of allowed countries visit thaiembassy.com.  It's "not the official Thai Embassy website" but apparently all Thai Embassies owe allegiance to them😃

10 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Except it’s not a real reduction since you still have to spend another 7 days somewhere else. It’s only a small improvement if one of those other locations is somewhere you want to be stuck for another 7 days. Do they really think this is going to drive large numbers?

Yes it's just another misleading headline which is fast becoming the norm - does anyone interview these 'authors' ?

They always fail to take into account what the other countries around the world are telling their citizens about traveling to Thailand. Which is don't.

The second issue is with half the places closed up, why would you want to?

Wishing for tourist dollars does not automatically make it happen.

This really is making it sound way better than it is. False hopes all over the show. With this model, you're literally moving from one place for 7 days to another for 7 days. Yes it's good that other places are opening but really do tourists want to do this? No. People don't have 28 days to visit 4 places in Thailand, 7 days in Phuket followed by 3 days Krabi and 3 days Phi Phi Island hopping is what is craved and more realistic wants from international travellers... Not 7+7+7+7+7...

12 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Yes it's just another misleading headline which is fast becoming the norm - does anyone interview these 'authors' ?

So frustrating isn't it. If fully vaccinated international travellers who have completed all forced tests both prior and whilst in phuket are negative - let them on their merry way on day 8. Otherwise again, this sandbox will be a flop.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Tourism operators in Phuket and other southern destinations are feeling more hopeful after a reduction in the minimum stay required as part of the Phuket sandbox. Yesterday, the Centre for Economic Situation Administration approved a proposal to set the minimum stay at 7 days, down from the previous 14. After this period, sandbox tourists are free to travel to other “sealed route” destinations, such as Koh Samui, Koh Phang Ngan, and Koh Tao in Surat Thani, or Phi Phi and Railay Beach in Krabi, among others. Yuthasak Supasorn from the Tourism Authority of Thailand says that effective yesterday, foreign tourists […]

The post Tourism operators hopeful after Phuket sandbox mandatory stay reduced to 7 days appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Hello all, Is anyone able to shine some light on a few quesitons too please...

- Is it 6 nights and leave Phuket on your 7th day or 7 nights and depart Phuket on your 8th day  

- Do you have to spend the next 7 days in the same hotel/area or as long as you're in the province are you ok? For example, 4 nights in Krabi town followed by 3 nights in Phi Phi.

- After these additional 7 days are we then free to travel on our own accord or again will it be another set 7 days...

Thank you in advance, much appreciated 

1 hour ago, Brownie said:

https://ddc.moph.go.th/dcd/pagecontent.php?page=606&dept=dcd

It will be the topmost entry with a flashing Sun next to it.  Looking at it is pointless. For the list of allowed countries visit thaiembassy.com.  It's "not the official Thai Embassy website" but apparently all Thai Embassies owe allegiance to them😃

Just had a look on there and the list of countries is dated from July 12th, so hopefully they'll come out with a new list at some point 

11 hours ago, EdwardV said:

Then they are idiots.

I don’t want them to fail, exactly the opposite. Otherwise it’s going to take even longer for me to get back to Thailand. Try again if you wish. 

I agree, I have been waiting to go back to Phuket for two months now but I don't see the situation improving there for a long time so I will just have to wait. 

I really don’t understand this plan at all anymore. Personally I’d be happy to do a PCR test prior to arrival and take an antigen test after day 3. Other than that, what additional risk do I carry introducing to the country. Thailand is already a country with high levels of Covid and this includes Phuket. Being fully vaccinated and carrying travel insurance means I’m not going to be a financial burden on the Thai healthcare system in the unlikely event I will need treatment. I can understand why they came up with this idea and being paranoid about introducing Covid before April. However since then, many more Thais have and carry the virus. So what is the issue ? I think I’d even accept PCR before departure. PCR on arrival and quarantine for 3 days. After that let me go anywhere I want in the country. All of these ideas and plans are just making busy fools of themselves. 

The other thing I would add here is this. Unless you really have a pressing need to return to Thailand. Or you are hoping you’ll find some bars with girls in and have been missing that side of Thailand, then why the hell would you go to Thailand at the moment? Really?  Stop and think about it. Weather isn’t the best right now. Covid is still on the rise. The best places are in lockdown or partial lockdown. There are street protests and political uncertainty. You have little or no flexibility of where you travel. You have to pay for test after test. Additional insurance and documentation. Stop and think. Why the hell would you want to go to a place like that. If it’s a genuine holiday you are looking for and not going home or looking for young girls to play with, then why on Earth would you go through all that? 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Poolie said:

Yes.

However much you want them to fail.

I've been looking into this (but from the outside, looking in so my opinion is valueless) and they really didn't think this through. If you go to one of these other destinations, like Samui, are you then under the Samui Plus rules or are you under the Phuket Sandbox rules? No clarification. If you zoom over to Krabi and get stuck at Khao Lak or Ao Nang how do you get back to Phuket or elsewhere in the country? Even the 7+7 packages are only one-way transfers. There is a lot that was either considered and not published or not even talked about. It is a great idea but, like Samui Plus, was not well thought through.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, chouse said:

Hello all, Is anyone able to shine some light on a few quesitons too please...

- Is it 6 nights and leave Phuket on your 7th day or 7 nights and depart Phuket on your 8th day  

- Do you have to spend the next 7 days in the same hotel/area or as long as you're in the province are you ok? For example, 4 nights in Krabi town followed by 3 nights in Phi Phi.

- After these additional 7 days are we then free to travel on our own accord or again will it be another set 7 days...

Thank you in advance, much appreciated 

1 - 7/8

2 - Krabi town is not on the list. I'm pretty sure you're allowed to move hotels but everything has to be bought and paid for (with the SHABA confirmations) before you will get a COE.

3 - Once you've done 14 you're free to move about the country.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Antarctica, maybe . . . now that would be safe!

-35 in McMurdo Station, Antarctica today.  Quarantine shouldn't be a problem as people won't be inclined to go outside for any length of time.

• Haha 2

Curiouser and curiouser.   When will tourism authorities realize that many visitors are simply not interested in beginning their travels to Thailand on Phuket, whether it's for 2 weeks or 1 week?  

As one who desires a safe and simple journey, my booked winter sojourn on Koh Lanta continues to seem less and less likely to happen.....

• Cool 1

Seeing the pictures there are not many people who are on the beaches in Phuket.

Even better then Pattaya /jomtienbeach .no people and nothIng allowed! There is even not a discussion when they open the beaches.

1 october starting with the sandbox in pattaya.people ask what year!