Tuesday Covid Update: 20,128 new cases and 239 deaths

Thaiger

20,128 new Covid-19 cases and 239 coronavirus-related deaths were reported today by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration. 20,791 people have recovered from a Covid infection in the 24 hours since the last report. There are now 210,032 active Covid-19 cases. In the latest and most severe wave of the virus in Thailand, first recorded on April 1, the CCSA has recorded 919,579 cases. Out of the new cases, 272 were found in correctional facilities. The latest wave spread to Thailand’s overcrowded prisons, infecting more than 40,000 inmates. New cases in prisons and detention centres have been reported on a daily […]

The post Tuesday Covid Update: 20,128 new cases and 239 deaths appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

it will be interesting how the numbers develop tomorrow Wednesday. usually not every day the numbers are comparable. the weekend might be some disruption in behavior and also it takes time for numbers to get reported. a better understanding about the development would be the 7 day incidence number, that averages the last 7 days. that filters out these disruptions from the weekend etc. and it is normalized to 100.000 persons. this allows a comparison to other countries.
if i remember correct, the numbers got higher on Wednesday last week after the numbers seemed to go down. I expect to see the same thing. delta variant was doubling ever 10 days in the US the last month. in thailand it does not seem to be that fast spreading. (maybe less diabetes cases and less persons at higher risk in general in thailand, that helps to slow down the virus)

You're correct, it is the true number that needs to be watched. The Delta variant is not to be toyed with. It has caught many a country off guard!

I have seen suggestions that the number of infections reported is capped by the testing going on. If hospitals have no beds they will not test people to avoid the obligations to hospitalize positive cases. Have we reached that cap?

4 minutes ago, Tonyf said:

I have seen suggestions that the number of infections reported is capped by the testing going on. If hospitals have no beds they will not test people to avoid the obligations to hospitalize positive cases. Have we reached that cap?

Incorrect. They don't have to hospitalise positive cases.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

2 hours ago, Tonyf said:

To me it seems like government's official contact tracing is still capped at around 3000 tests per day. The rest of the numbers come from people who voluntarily walk into a hospital for a test. We've all heard the reports that at least some hospitals are refusing to test people because after a certain limit.

Personally I find it obvious that Thailand has reached its testing capacity. Since mid-June the daily new cases were increasing by about 1000 per day, from around 4000/day to 20,000/day. But! After cracking 20,000, the increase suspiciously slowed down, and since then the daily cases have increased by mere 3000 from 18,000 to 21,000 during the last 14 days.

Edited by THETRUTH
  • Like 1

I find it very very odd that NOBODY seems to want to at least talk about Ivermectin, and how it can apparently reduce deaths drastically - i.e. report from India just a couple of days ago about how using ivermectin basically stopped the 'delta variant pandemic' in days - isn't this at least worth a conversation, when doctors here seem utterly helpless in terms of effective prophylaxis or early treatment?? - https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/columnists/indias-ivermectin-blackout/article_e3db8f46-f942-11eb-9eea-77d5e2519364.html 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chaimai said:

You're a better man than me - I've given up repeating this.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, Chaimai said:

I agree. New Zealand just went to full lock down, where the positive case (patient zero) was put in a MLQ (Managed Isolation and Quarantine). Only those that require hospitalisation are hospitalised. Just think, why does Bangkok now allow home isolation is it because these patients don’t need to be in hospital, if so how many in the same boat throughout the whole country?

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

3 hours ago, siamdave said:

I find it very very odd that NOBODY seems to want to at least talk about Ivermectin, and how it can apparently reduce deaths drastically - i.e. report from India just a couple of days ago about how using ivermectin basically stopped the 'delta variant pandemic' in days - isn't this at least worth a conversation, when doctors here seem utterly helpless in terms of effective prophylaxis or early treatment?? - https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/columnists/indias-ivermectin-blackout/article_e3db8f46-f942-11eb-9eea-77d5e2519364.html 

you are absolutely right. research in treatment is nowhere. what is next, do we stop treating a broken leg or an ear or tooth infection or other problems and just wait for a vaccine for that?
the vaccines are a good thing but we still have sick people to treat. and therefore we need good methods. ivermectin is one of them, the active form of vitamin D also (like the study showed from cordoba, spain).
there are many options. and we should research them and use them.
people do not need to stay in the hospital and suffer. and beside that, the hospitals have a certain capacity. especially in a pandemic situation it is important to get the patient out of the hospital - of course healthy - to make room for the next one. also someone has to pay for the work. good treatments reduce the costs.
but talking about that in a thai forum is probably not the right place.
the thai government is busy with "criminals" who are selling dildos.

Edited by FunkmasterWhyLee
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, siamdave said:

You'd be surprised how many members are already well into the Ivermectin debate, but it is just your first day here and your first post, too, so thanks for that! I enjoyed a read of your source article, too.

Hello, siamdave 

and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Edited by King Cotton

18 hours ago, siamdave said:

You haven't looked very far into the posts on this forum..................you will find more than enough commentary om Ivermectin.

19 hours ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

Just think, why does Bangkok now allow home isolation is it because these patients don’t need to be in hospital, if so how many in the same boat throughout the whole country?

Why?

Because they don't have the facilities for supervised quarantine, so they have no option.

• Like 1