Protester shot outside Bangkok police station, in critical condition

Thaiger

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes he was breaking the law by breaking curfew. But surely you are not suggesting that justifies shooting someone in the neck? And if he wasn’t a protestor what else does being out after 9pm suggest to you that he was? 
Anyway, maybe no point to turn it in to a debate. I’m just hoping you are not suggesting he was fair game to be shot by being out after curfew.

Never said that was WHY he was shot, but it makes me question WHY he was shot. Surely you don't think a police officer just shot someone randomly? 

How could he be protesting at 9pm when it's curfew? 

I was just highlighting one of the few facts that were reported, he was out after curfew. Also it turns out it was a rubber bullet. I'm sure once more facts are revealed, it won't be showing a protestor doing nothing wrong, being shot randomly. It would be a good headline though.

11 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Never said that was WHY he was shot, but it makes me question WHY he was shot. Surely you don't think a police officer just shot someone randomly? 

How could he be protesting at 9pm when it's curfew? 

I was just highlighting one of the few facts that were reported, he was out after curfew. Also it turns out it was a rubber bullet. I'm sure once more facts are revealed, it won't be showing a protestor doing nothing wrong, being shot randomly. It would be a good headline though.

Well sure you are not part of the Thai judiciary ? Found guilty before the facts are known.

You said "Surely you don't think a police officer just shot someone randomly? "

Why not they have been known and shown to do that in the past so do you think the RTP mentality or their instructions from above to kill and maim are different now then they were in the past ?

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Well sure you are not part of the Thai judiciary ? Found guilty before the facts are known.

Actually, that is exactly what you're doing to the police officer being accused.

One of the FACTS was known, which I stated, he was out after curfew. That is what I was stating. Is he not already breaking the law from that FACT?

Edited by dj230

Just now, dj230 said:

Actually, that is exactly what you're doing to the police officer being accused.

Which police officer ? no officer was named in the media or accused by myself as we don't know which one of them it was hence I referred to the RTP.

45 minutes ago, Stardust said:

And as we can watch in the Thai newsoutlets and Tv (first in the public news tv channel) they (Police) shot 2 protesters and used live amunition. 

They have already denied live ammo and said it was only rubber bullets.

• Like 1

Just now, HolyCowCm said:

If it was live ammo I wonder how they will coerce the medical staff to fake the medical reports ?

4 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes I know but follow the Thai news according to them the hospitals say it were bullets. Also there is one article in Bangkok post, too, not detailed like the Thai news or tv but they mentioned it.

31 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Surely you don't think a police officer just shot someone randomly? 

And why not? Someone who is pro system and might take a little joy at shooting someone he thinks goes against his groups beliefs. I would like to know what rank he and they were because it was not just one incident. I don't think the grunts would do it, but then I could be wrong.

10 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Yes I know but follow the Thai news according to them the hospitals say it were bullets. Also there is one article in Bangkok post, too, not detailed like the Thai news or tv but they mentioned it.

They will blame it on some planted opposition hired gun that did it to make them look bad. This is standard procedure in the past.

1 minute ago, HolyCowCm said:

They will blame it on some planted opposition hired gun that did it to make them look bad. This is standard procedure in the past.

Not easy because there is a videon about that what already went viral in the social media and already also in talked about in some Thai Tv channels. In Voice tv there is also a lot of talk shows about it just right now and in many other famous news tv channels.

4 hours ago, Stardust said:

In the neck is always from the back and is same like a execution. You see before sombody got shot in the neck from the front? Maybe you should not watch tv and not forget to learn to use the brain and logic!

Way, way too much TV!

The neck's that bit between the head and the torso ... and 'yes', I have seen people shot in the neck or hit by blast and shrapnel - why not?

From the front it's the part of the body least protected by body armour for the military and rioters alike.

Your "brain and logic" aren't functioning too well - nothing new there. 

3 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Not easy because there is a videon about that what already went viral in the social media and already also in talked about in some Thai Tv channels. In Voice tv there is also a lot of talk shows about it just right now and in many other famous news tv channels.

I saw one piece of video over lunch time on the television news. Very hard to tell what it was, as in shotgun with rubber bullet or a rifle. But they did also show a wall that obviously were several bullet holes. That they can't cover up.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gummy said:

Could be anything . Could be he just attempted to murder somebody because he was encouraged to. Lot's of could be's but the only fact is some poor person was shot in the back of the neck by the RTP and is fighting for his life.

Hardly a "fact"!

Hardly even a "could be" yet ...

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

I saw one piece of video over lunch time on the television news. Very hard to tell what it was, as in shotgun with rubber bullet or a rifle. But they did also show a wall that obviously were several bullet holes. That they can't cover up.

I hope it's more recent than some of the other "videos" on social media that were from a couple of decades ago!

It could all be true, but at the moment "who knows" and the silence from reliable and verifiable sources is deafening.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stardust said:

3 hours ago, gummy said:

You said "Surely you don't think a police officer just shot someone randomly? "

Why not they have been known and shown to do that in the past so do you think the RTP mentality or their instructions from above to kill and maim are different now then they were in the past ?

There is a law that everybody get shot after 9 pm?!