Protester shot outside Bangkok police station, in critical condition

Thaiger

A young protester was shot in the neck by police and said to be in critical condition, according to reports in Thai media. The protester was not identified. Reports say the young man appears to be around 20 years old. Monday’s protest started at Victory Monument in Bangkok and then moved to the Government House where police used tear gas on protesters who had entered a restricted zone, according to the Bangkok Post. The rally reportedly ended at 6pm, but some continued at the Din Daeng intersection where riot police were stationed and then moved toward the nearby police station. […]

The post Protester shot outside Bangkok police station, in critical condition appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

11 minutes ago, jimhollands said:

Was only a matter of time before this happened 

wonder what’s next …..nothing good I think 

...no...nothing good. This may turn out to be the tipping point. Sadly, history shows that this is when Chaos thrives.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

1 hour ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

...no...nothing good. This may turn out to be the tipping point. Sadly, history shows that this is when Chaos thrives.

If there's a coup waiting in the wings this is about the time it moves out onto the stage.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, dj230 said:

probably more to the story, was also after curfew (9pm)

Could well be more to the story. Perhaps the protester was armed and threatening to use his weapon? But what has it being after 9pm curfew got to do with it? 

late last year or earlier this year when the announcement to buy the submarines from the Chinese the US sent someone out for a chat with the govt, low and behold about a week later the order was put on hold. You cant help to think the Chinese have much to gain with the current govt, conversely, surely the CIA must have their finger in the pie to swing it the protesters way?? Anyone else think this? 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, gordo2613 said:

late last year or earlier this year when the announcement to buy the submarines from the Chinese the US sent someone out for a chat with the govt, low and behold about a week later the order was put on hold. You cant help to think the Chinese have much to gain with the current govt, conversely, surely the CIA must have their finger in the pie to swing it the protesters way?? Anyone else think this? 

It's well understood there are "agent provocateurs" everywhere... 

• Cool 1

5 hours ago, jimhollands said:

Was only a matter of time before this happened 

wonder what’s next …..nothing good I think 

Well when you have a PM who ensured that his swat team who murdered the nurse in the WAT in 2010 whilst he was in charge, had all charges against them dissolved in 2017 after he picked himself as PM,  then apart from what appears a concerted effort to ensure the poor of the country become infected with covid by denying them vaccinations, then the next step in his plan and his master to run the nation backwards 200 years will be to start shooting them again. An evil man with an evil boss in my my view.

When  that abuse of human rights occurs than the international community should freeze all overseas assets of the perpetrators and their wealthy supporters, until they are brought to justice. But then I tend to forget that money is what makes the world go round so one of the biggest beneficiaries of these trillions of baht stolen from the country is the UK who has a fine history of ensuring money is suitably laundered or safely stowed in the tax havens of their dependencies.

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

Could well be more to the story. Perhaps the protester was armed and threatening to use his weapon? But what has it being after 9pm curfew got to do with it? 

Shot in the neck implies that he was shot from behind. That is almost always just murder.

7 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

I really hope so, & sadly I fear that the police or the Army will escalate this.

5 minutes ago, Lost said:

Most Thais I know don’t like Prayut but they don’t say who should take his place?  I didn’t read that he was shot in the back of the neck

I just worry that if Prayut goes, then the 'powder man' will take his place.

• Angry 1

1 minute ago, whitesnake said:

time for you protesters to arm yourselves" me thinks! Shoot back!!

Then the Army would have a field day, & justify it.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I really hope so, & sadly I fear that the police or the Army will escalate this.

On the other perspective, I fear that the Thai society is slowly deteriorating into chaos due to the hardships in the pandemic. Hope Thailand will still be safe and good for all law abiding citizens.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Worldman said:

Was he armed? Why was he shot? 

Valid questions, of course and no surprise that RTP didn't make a comment. A fairly grim debut post, but thanks for that, anyway!

Hello, Worldman and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

29 minutes ago, dimitri said:

Shot in the neck implies that he was shot from behind. That is almost always just murder.

Well they enjoy doing that to their own people. Utterly sick and depraved from the top down. Luckily most of the nation are not like that, just the priviledged, elite and those who think they are somwthing special.

These protests are increasing by the red shirts. The pandemic is also adding stress to Thailand. How much more can Bangkok take before it collapses. Bad time's a head I think. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Soidog said:

Could be the cop was drunk or on drugs, we just don't know the details

54 minutes ago, dimitri said:

You watch too much TV.

1 hour ago, dimitri said:

You may be different, but my neck is 360 - back, front and both sides!

Odd that not only have the police apparently said nothing 12 hours later, but that this isn't widely reported.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

39 minutes ago, Stonker said:

Odd that not only have the police apparently said nothing 12 hours later, but that this isn't widely reported.

Spin doctors working overtime, hoping it will go away, doesn't suit the squeeky clean Govt image domestically or internationally.

• Cool 1

1 hour ago, 2Lotus2 said:

You watch too much TV.

In the neck is always from the back and is same like a execution. You see before sombody got shot in the neck from the front? Maybe you should not watch tv and not forget to learn to use the brain and logic!