The US could soon see Covid-19 cases return to 200,000 a day

Andrew Reeve

More ridiculous fear mongering nonsense. 

Cases are not the problem, and it means even more people who will have long lasting immunity. 

USA Currently: 110414 cases, 848 "covid" deaths. 

That is .007% 

Of course, assuming that dying with covid is not being considered as dying of covid. 

Stop the ridiculous fear mongering. 

I dont think you know how to do math, its 0.7% === 0.007.

Now if you just look at the daily numbers posted on this site, its about 1% death rate. (About 20,000 cases a day and 200 deaths a day)

The US crossed the 1,000 daily COVID deaths for the first time since April. Deaths are a trailing response to cases with about a two-week lag. As cases rise over the next couple of months the US will be solidly in a nasty place.

2 hours ago, mcambl61 said:

USA Currently: 110414 cases, 848 "covid" deaths. 

That is .007%

Jeez. Didn't they teach arithmetic when you were going to school? 848/110414=0.00768 or 0.768%. Per cent from the Latin (oh, you didn't learn that either?) for "by the hundred". You have to remember to multiply your result by one hundred to get the percent.

Oh, wait... You're the guy who's calling Biden a "dementia ridden stooge"! 🤣 I bet he could calculate a percentage.

14 minutes ago, JamesE said:

The US crossed the 1,000 daily COVID deaths for the first time since April. Deaths are a trailing response to cases with about a two-week lag. As cases rise over the next couple of months the US will be solidly in a nasty place.

Jeez. Didn't they teach arithmetic when you were going to school? 848/110414=0.00768 or 0.768%. Per cent from the Latin (oh, you didn't learn that either?) for "by the hundred". You have to remember to multiply your result by one hundred to get the percent.

Oh, wait... You're the guy who's calling Biden a "dementia ridden stooge"! 🤣 I bet he could calculate a percentage.

Well aren't you a special little troll. 

Again, as leftists do, you missed the point entirely. 

We know the fatality rate. We know the at risk groups. 

A vast majority of older people have been vaccinated. Get over it. 

But then leftists love to foment fear and cower in the basement. 

Stop the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering, unless that is what you want. 

Edited by mcambl61

18 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Well aren't you a special little troll. 

Again, as leftists do, you missed the point entirely. 

We know the fatality rate. We know the at risk groups. 

A vast majority of older people have been vaccinated. Get over it. 

But then leftists love to foment fear and cower in the basement. 

Stop the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering, unless that is what you want. 

Thanks! But not in this post.

"Leftist"? That's your A-game?

Yes, but you apparently do not know how the fatality rate is calculated. Deaths are a trailing indicator by two weeks. So cases go up, BOOM, two weeks later deaths go up. Cases go down, two weeks later deaths start to decline. You can't take deaths and cases on the same day and come up with a meaningful number. For example, 18 August, Worldometer reported 158,127 new cases and 1055 new deaths. Those deaths - based on empirical evidence of the pandemic so far - reflect the period of two weeks ago when cases were 98,181 (on a 7-day moving average to smooth out the ups and downs). So those 1,055 new deaths today represent 1055/98181=1.1%. This is not a bad number as the US, so far, has a fatality rate of 2.1%. Now what you do is take that 1.1% and multiply it by today's case rate of 158,127 which predicts a fatality number of some 1,700 in two weeks time.

While you don't think that that's a number of people dying every day to be concerned about, to put it in perspective, that's a 9/11 every 42 hours, a Pearl Harbor every 35 hours, a D-Day every 3 days, the number of Americans killed daily in traffic accidents every hour and a half. It's a big number. Every day.

But, damn, if you're cool with that, good for you.

Alot of Americans have strange notions about the vaccine. And since 97% of new Covid cases are from people who are NOT vaccinated, these notions seem to be misplaced, and likely very unscientific. And all of this is coming from someone who is NOT a VAX guy. But, does there not come a time when you have to set your personal notions aside for the greater good?

Like Laura Osnes who was fired from her Broadway show for refusing to take a vaccine, even though the entire cast and crew were vaccinated. She is likely a fan of Tucker Carlson, the disinformation chief of America. He is being spectacularly selfish, not thinking of anyone but herself, and is showing a stunning lack of patriotism in the process. This one is not for you Laura. Ever thought about the possibility that something in this universe is not about Laura, but about the "good of society"? Has that thought ever entered your vapid head for one moment? Even a fleeting nanosecond?

A kindergartener has to have some vaccines before being allowed into school, pandemic or not. I know you think you're being brave by doing this based on a "principle," but are you at least as brave as a kindergartener? See ya. You will not be missed.

A friend of mine was invited to a baby shower in the US. They sent me this message. 

Melanie is invited to a baby shower where both the mommy to be and her husband are determined anti-Vaxxers.  Everybody going to the party has been vaccinated. The host is requiring all guests, who have already been vaccinated, to take a Covid test before they come because they have not been vaccinated and won’t do so. Is there a political element here? Huh? Because of your stubborn sense of entitlement, you want every guest to get tested before coming? America the beautiful. LOL. 

Maybe some sort of penalties are needed. No flying within the US without a vaccination. No crossing state borders? No going to school or work? All fine by me. 

Refusing to take a vaccine, to benefit society and bring society back, is about as sensible as believing the earth is flat. Imagine making a sacrifice for your country? What a concept. These same people who drape themselves with a false flag of patriotism, would wet their pants if they were ever asked to truly protect their nation or serve in any manner.

Yet, they are being asked to do something they do not want to do. For their nation. Imagine? Make a sacrifice? Imagine? Do something you don't want to do, for the greater good. Imagine?

the-best-timeline-1024x800.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Alot of Americans have strange notions about the vaccine. And since 97% of new Covid cases are from people who are NOT vaccinated, these notions seem to be misplaced, and likely very unscientific. And all of this is coming from someone who is NOT a VAX guy. But, does there not come a time when you have to set your personal notions aside for the greater good?

Like Laura Osnes who was fired from her Broadway show for refusing to take a vaccine, even though the entire cast and crew were vaccinated. She is likely a fan of Tucker Carlson, the disinformation chief of America. He is being spectacularly selfish, not thinking of anyone but herself, and is showing a stunning lack of patriotism in the process. This one is not for you Laura. Ever thought about the possibility that something in this universe is not about Laura, but about the "good of society"? Has that thought ever entered your vapid head for one moment? Even a fleeting nanosecond?

A kindergartener has to have some vaccines before being allowed into school, pandemic or not. I know you think you're being brave by doing this based on a "principle," but are you at least as brave as a kindergartener? See ya. You will not be missed.

A friend of mine was invited to a baby shower in the US. They sent me this message. 

Melanie is invited to a baby shower where both the mommy to be and her husband are determined anti-Vaxxers.  Everybody going to the party has been vaccinated. The host is requiring all guests, who have already been vaccinated, to take a Covid test before they come because they have not been vaccinated and won’t do so. Is there a political element here? Huh? Because of your stubborn sense of entitlement, you want every guest to get tested before coming? America the beautiful. LOL. 

Maybe some sort of penalties are needed. No flying within the US without a vaccination. No crossing state borders? No going to school or work? All fine by me. 

Refusing to take a vaccine, to benefit society and bring society back, is about as sensible as believing the earth is flat. Imagine making a sacrifice for your country? What a concept. These same people who drape themselves with a false flag of patriotism, would wet their pants if they were ever asked to truly protect their nation or serve in any manner.

Yet, they are being asked to do something they do not want to do. For their nation. Imagine? Make a sacrifice? Imagine? Do something you don't want to do, for the greater good. Imagine?

the-best-timeline-1024x800.jpg

What a load of virtue signaling blather. 

The tds just never stops with some rabid leftists. 

3 hours ago, JamesE said:

Thanks! But not in this post.

"Leftist"? That's your A-game?

Yes, but you apparently do not know how the fatality rate is calculated. Deaths are a trailing indicator by two weeks. So cases go up, BOOM, two weeks later deaths go up. Cases go down, two weeks later deaths start to decline. You can't take deaths and cases on the same day and come up with a meaningful number. For example, 18 August, Worldometer reported 158,127 new cases and 1055 new deaths. Those deaths - based on empirical evidence of the pandemic so far - reflect the period of two weeks ago when cases were 98,181 (on a 7-day moving average to smooth out the ups and downs). So those 1,055 new deaths today represent 1055/98181=1.1%. This is not a bad number as the US, so far, has a fatality rate of 2.1%. Now what you do is take that 1.1% and multiply it by today's case rate of 158,127 which predicts a fatality number of some 1,700 in two weeks time.

While you don't think that that's a number of people dying every day to be concerned about, to put it in perspective, that's a 9/11 every 42 hours, a Pearl Harbor every 35 hours, a D-Day every 3 days, the number of Americans killed daily in traffic accidents every hour and a half. It's a big number. Every day.

But, damn, if you're cool with that, good for you.

Well Jimmy, 

I notice that all of the lockdown vaccine passport mask never consider the massive amount of damage to hundreds of millions of people's lives and businesses that have been destroyed by these policies that you proudly virtue signal so much. 

And your numbers are wrong. Us fatality rate is here:

Add to that the fatality rate gets less by age groups. But instead we apply this bullshit approach to everyone. 

Well done. 

Screenshot_20210819_105516.thumb.jpg.8b382e9731f827d92f2b8a52c700f032.jpg

7 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

What a load of virtue signaling blather. 

The tds just never stops with some rabid leftists. 

Please defend the right to NOT take a vaccine, put the entire nation at risk, and slow down the recovery. And if you can, please use some science.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Please defend the right to NOT take a vaccine, put the entire nation at risk, and slow down the recovery. And if you can, please use some science.

I don't Have to defend anything from your ridiculous opinion about what myself or others should or should not do. EVER. 

It's not for you or anyone else to decide what others are doing just to satisfy your ridiculous cowardly fear. 

But I can think of many reasons why people would choose not to get vaccinated. 

1.They've already had covid, and studies actually do show their immunity is better than the vaccines. 

2. The have a medical condition that would be triggered by the vaccine, such as MS, immunocompromised, etc. 

3. They are in the low fatality risk groups and are in good health with no medical issues that are known to cause severe problems with covid. 

4. Because they know the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering are nonsense. As are the draconian measures and see fear mongering people like you that think they are somehow deemed more humane because they want full compliance with their own opinions. 

I hope that clears things up for you. 

Have a good day hiding in your basement. 

Edited by mcambl61

6 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

I don't Have to defend anything from your ridiculous opinion about what myself or others should or should not do. EVER. 

It's not for you or anyone else to decide what others are doing just to satisfy your ridiculous cowardly fear. 

But I can think of many reasons why people would choose not to get vaccinated. 

1.They've already had covid, and studies actually do show their immunity is better than the vaccines. 

2. The have a medical condition that would be triggered by the vaccine, such as MS, immunocompromised, etc. 

3. They are in the low fatality risk groups and are in good health with no medical issues that are known to cause severe problems with covid. 

4. Because they know the ridiculous overreaction and fear mongering are nonsense. As are the draconian measures and see fear mongering people like you that think they are somehow deemed more humane because they want full compliance with their own opinions. 

I hope that clears things up for you. 

Have a good day hiding in your basement. 

Denial is a powerful thing. So is a good intellect, that is capable of defending the indefensible. Forgive me, but I am a believer in science. I know that can be a terrible thing.

While cases are rising everywhere because of higher transmission levels of the delta variant, the steepest increases have been in the South and Southeast, where Florida, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi and South Carolina are dealing with the biggest outbreaks in the nation.

All five of those states have rates of full vaccinations below the United States’ 49.2 percent, and two of them — Mississippi and Louisiana — are in the bottom five of the entire country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/map-covid-cases-are-rising-states-low-vaccination-rates-n1275322

mm7018e1_EffectivenessOlderAdults_IMAGE_28Apr21_1200x675-medium.jpg

106908518-1626295013068-20210714-mobile-fallback-J6YBS-low-vaccination-rates-elevated-case-counts.png.jpeg

10 minutes ago, dmacarelli said:

Denial is a powerful thing. So is a good intellect, that is capable of defending the indefensible. Forgive me, but I am a believer in science. I know that can be a terrible thing.

While cases are rising everywhere because of higher transmission levels of the delta variant, the steepest increases have been in the South and Southeast, where Florida, Tennessee, Louisiana, Mississippi and South Carolina are dealing with the biggest outbreaks in the nation.

All five of those states have rates of full vaccinations below the United States’ 49.2 percent, and two of them — Mississippi and Louisiana — are in the bottom five of the entire country.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/map-covid-cases-are-rising-states-low-vaccination-rates-n1275322

mm7018e1_EffectivenessOlderAdults_IMAGE_28Apr21_1200x675-medium.jpg

106908518-1626295013068-20210714-mobile-fallback-J6YBS-low-vaccination-rates-elevated-case-counts.png.jpeg

So, you assume that you have a good intellect. Amazing. 

The lowest vaccination rates are in the African American population. 

That is the data. 

It doesn't matter what state, they are the lowest. 

How would you suggest that gets resolved? 

Your massive pseudo intellectual abilities should be able to solve the problem. 

Have at it. 

1 hour ago, mcambl61 said:

So, you assume that you have a good intellect. Amazing. 

The lowest vaccination rates are in the African American population. 

That is the data. 

It doesn't matter what state, they are the lowest. 

How would you suggest that gets resolved? 

Your massive pseudo intellectual abilities should be able to solve the problem. 

Have at it. 

Obviously, this is going to require federal, and state intervention. Though it would be a step too far to jail people for not getting vaccinated, penalizing them would be appropriate. Perhaps fines would do the trick. Or penalties. Forbidding them to cross state lines, use air travel, or bus and train travel. Workplace restrictions too. 

Why not? This is not about what I believe in, or what you believe in. This is about getting the nation back on track, when just yesterday we proudly hit 150,000 cases again, and crossed the 1,000 deaths a day threshold. 

Was informed today that my Brother In-Laws brother and entire family were hospitalized yesterday in California for Covid, all have a form of respiratory issues with the brother, who is a cancer survivor having pneumonia.  They are also Antivaxxers, but now are changing their tune and wishing they had been vaccinated and did not listen to those that say Covid is just the Flu and the whole pandemic is fake.  Some folks just do not see past their own hands which are in front of their faces. I am saying prayers for him and his family.  

1 minute ago, ThailandRyan said:

Was informed today that my Brother In-Laws brother and entire family were hospitalized yesterday in California for Covid, all have a form of respiratory issues with the brother, who is a cancer survivor having pneumonia.  They are also Antivaxxers, but now are changing their tune and wishing they had been vaccinated and did not listen to those that say Covid is just the Flu and the whole pandemic is fake.  Some folks just do not see past their own hands which are in front of their faces. I am saying prayers for him and his family.  

Sorry to hear that and even though we condemn them for making ill-informed decisions, at the end of the day we all want our families to be well.

3 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

Vaccines makes sense if you are in the known risk groups, which they were. 

Stop the anti Vaxxer blame game 

1 hour ago, dmacarelli said:

Obviously, this is going to require federal, and state intervention. Though it would be a step too far to jail people for not getting vaccinated, penalizing them would be appropriate. Perhaps fines would do the trick. Or penalties. Forbidding them to cross state lines, use air travel, or bus and train travel. Workplace restrictions too. 

Why not? This is not about what I believe in, or what you believe in. This is about getting the nation back on track, when just yesterday we proudly hit 150,000 cases again, and crossed the 1,000 deaths a day threshold. 

Anyone who is in favor of forcing people to comply is insane. 

This virus will be around for years. 

The ridiculous draconian measures have wreaked more damage and destruction of the citizens than any virus ever could. 

Pure tyranny. 

People are not going to tolerate this bullshit much longer. And they shouldn't. 

More fear porn. The left (a.k.a. Global Reset Cabal) doesn't mind killing people because chaos and fear are necessary for a Reset.. That's why the governors of New York, Pennsylvania and Michigan forced retirement homes to accept Covid infected people. They committed mass murder.

Others who are responsible to many deaths are the people who keep saying Invermectin doesn't work. Here are the statistics from India:

India succeeds with Invermectin. Figures from Johns Hopkins. Full story: https://www.thedesertreview.com/opinion/columnists/indias-ivermectin-blackout/article_e3db8f46-f942-11eb-9eea-77d5e2519364.html

Uttar Pradesh on Ivermectin:  Population 240 Million [4.9% fully vaccinated]

COVID Daily Cases: 26

COVID Daily Deaths: 3

The United States off Ivermectin: Population 331 Million [50.5% fully vaccinated]

COVID Daily Cases: 127,108

COVID Daily Deaths: 574

Let us look at other Ivermectin using areas of India with numbers from August 5, 2021, compiled by the JHU CSSE:

Delhi on Ivermectin: Population 31 Million [15% fully vaccinated]

COVID Daily Cases: 61

COVID Daily Deaths: 2

Uttarakhand on Ivermectin: Population 11.4 Million [15% fully vaccinated]

COVID Daily Cases: 24

COVID Daily Deaths: 0

Now let us look at an area of India that rejected Ivermectin. 

Tamil Nadu announced they would reject Ivermectin and instead follow the dubious USA-style guidance of using Remdesivir. Knowing this, you might expect their numbers to be closer to the US, with more cases and more deaths. You would be correct. Tamil Nadu went on to lead India in COVID-19 cases.

Tamil Nadu off Ivermectin: Population 78.8 Million [6.9% fully vaccinated]

COVID Daily Cases: 1,997

COVID Daily Deaths: 33

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

It seems like some of the anti vax folks are simply going to have to go through the "school of hard knocks" to come to their senses, and do right by the people, and the nation. Alot of people are caught up into the "I have my rights, I am self entitled, you can't take away my liberties, nobody can force me to do anything" nonsense and hyperbole.

Some of them will need to be sacrificed onto the altar of non scientific, self absorbed, "I say I am a patriot, but do not ever, ever ask me to actually do anything for my country" self immolating fires. Hope your family do not fall into that Darwinian category. 

Edited by dmacarelli
  • Like 1

Why don't you define an anti vax for us?  Explain how someone who is previously vaccinated multiple times but chooses not to vaccinate with an untested and questionable mRNA vaccine an anti vaxxer? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

Why don't you define an anti vax for us?  Explain how someone who is previously vaccinated multiple times but chooses not to vaccinate with an untested and questionable mRNA vaccine an anti vaxxer? 

Someone who also chooses not to get vaccinated with J&J, AZ, SV, SP, or Sputnik V as well as the mRNA shots because it's COVID. And COVID isn't a health problem except for the elderly or people with other issues that would have killed them anyway.

In the US right now there are more people under 50 y.o. hospitalized for COVID than 65 and older. "COVID, It's not just for Boomers anymore."

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_5.html

10 minutes ago, billywillyjones said:

He can't, he's much too busy telling us that his own opinions of what is "scientific" is irrefutable, while he continues to virtue signal. 

10 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Someone who also chooses not to get vaccinated with J&J, AZ, SV, SP, or Sputnik V as well as the mRNA shots because it's COVID. And COVID isn't a health problem except for the elderly or people with other issues that would have killed them anyway.

In the US right now there are more people under 50 y.o. hospitalized for COVID than 65 and older. "COVID, It's not just for Boomers anymore."

https://gis.cdc.gov/grasp/COVIDNet/COVID19_5.html

Blather alert. 

So if they are using therapeutics is that an anti vaxxer? 

But you keep pushing that fear mongering dude, and keep treat it like the black plague. 

11 minutes ago, mcambl61 said:

Blather alert. 

So if they are using therapeutics is that an anti vaxxer? 

But you keep pushing that fear mongering dude, and keep treat it like the black plague. 

So, are you for or against vaccinations for Covid19?

2 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

It seems like some of the anti vax folks are simply going to have to go through the "school of hard knocks" to come to their senses, and do right by the people, and the nation. Alot of people are caught up into the "I have my rights, I am self entitled, you can't take away my liberties, nobody can force me to do anything" nonsense and hyperbole.

Some of them will need to be sacrificed onto the altar of non scientific, self absorbed, "I say I am a patriot, but do not ever, ever ask me to actually do anything for my country" self immolating fires. Hope your family do not fall into that Darwinian category. 

The brother of my brother in-law unfortunately passed away this morning our time here and late afternoon is California.  Sad for the whole family.  He had lung cancer brought on by asbestosis.  His wife decided to go party with the girls in San Diego 2 weeks ago and on return apparently infected the family.  She is very upset, but still does not truly believe that Covid kills, or that vaccines are the answer.  Taking some time away from the boards to decompress.  Sometimes it takes a tragedy to wake people up.  My family, and my sisters family have all been vaccinated and the children were just vaccinated yesterday, of all things in the morning before we found out their uncle had passed.