The US could soon see Covid-19 cases return to 200,000 a day

Andrew Reeve

lol an Aussie trying to slag a brit off its only a few hundred years ago your average Aussie was throwing spears and odd shaped pieces of wood going walkabout ffs. Never forget we put you are today when we shipped off your great great grandparents to that Penel Colony called botany bay for being light fingered. Pom's  " Prisoners of Mother England ". and while im on the rant we the Brits brought the NRL in our prison ships to Australia, guess where from Mr Stretch. 

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

On 8/25/2021 at 1:01 PM, billywillyjones said:

The long term tests were to be concluded in 2024 but the Pfizer was approved in 6 months. It is in the recent filing.  

Nope, it was "temporarily approved only for emergency use". Formal approval was only this week. Reason that it didn't take years as expected, is that it's already used 100's of millions of times and there are much more data than you would usually get for a new product. 

Just put things in perspective please:

-A year ago, the companies were bashed because they didn't anticipate a pandemic and weren't developing a vaccine fast enough.

-When they did an amazing job and created a highly effective vaccine quickly, they were bashed because it couldn't possibly be any good because it was developed to quickly.

-Now it's proven to work with hundreds of millions of people and the side effects are proven to be far less than the risk you take with Covid19.

And still it's not good enough!?!?

Now they're bashed because they make money off of their huge investment in R&D.

We all work for free, right?

And antivaxxsrs keep bashing them with flawed papers that they used generically for the moonlanding, JFK and princess Diana before too.

If you don't want the vaccine, don't take it. Stay safe and don't complain later.

If you do take the vaccine, like me, you put your trust in medical science, same as when a doctor operates on you in the OR. Does it always work 100%? Clearly not. But it's the best option we have.

8 hours ago, Smithydog said:

He might be a reasonable bloke and entitled to an opinion. But I would say my confidence doesn't rise when a law professor speaks about medical subjects. Let alone he is again using data taken from the VAERs database to support his case.

But, I probably wouldn't have much confidence in him either as a lawyer when apparently he can't even seem to read the VAERS site which clearly says:

Limitations of VAERS:

• It is generally not possible to find out from VAERS data if a vaccine caused the adverse event
  • Reports submitted to VAERS often lack details and sometimes contains errors
  • Serious adverse events are more likely to be reported than non-serious events
  • Numbers of reports may increase in response to media attention and increased public awareness
  • VAERS data cannot be used to determine rates of adverse events

https://vaers.hhs.gov/faq.html

But sadly these days, in my opinion, too many lawyers don't seemed to be so concerned about using facts to support their arguments. After all, aren't so many of our politicians on both sides also lawyers!

So your saying that most of this so called data from government sources cannot be relied upon... and to this sir, I absolutely agree.

17 hours ago, Bob20 said:

Nope, it was "temporarily approved only for emergency use". Formal approval was only this week. Reason that it didn't take years as expected, is that it's already used 100's of millions of times and there are much more data than you would usually get for a new product. 

Just put things in perspective please:

-A year ago, the companies were bashed because they didn't anticipate a pandemic and weren't developing a vaccine fast enough.

-When they did an amazing job and created a highly effective vaccine quickly, they were bashed because it couldn't possibly be any good because it was developed to quickly.

-Now it's proven to work with hundreds of millions of people and the side effects are proven to be far less than the risk you take with Covid19.

And still it's not good enough!?!?

Now they're bashed because they make money off of their huge investment in R&D.

We all work for free, right?

And antivaxxsrs keep bashing them with flawed papers that they used generically for the moonlanding, JFK and princess Diana before too.

If you don't want the vaccine, don't take it. Stay safe and don't complain later.

If you do take the vaccine, like me, you put your trust in medical science, same as when a doctor operates on you in the OR. Does it always work 100%? Clearly not. But it's the best option we have.

In a previous post you indicated that mRNA vaccines were tested.  You seem to not understand that mRNA is nothing like a tradional vaccine.. Please research a bit more.   You are beginning to sound ridiculous.

Just now, billywillyjones said:

In a previous post you indicated that mRNA vaccines were tested.  You seem to not understand that mRNA is nothing like a tradional vaccine.. Please research a bit more.   You are beginning to sound ridiculous.

You keep making my tearducts work overtime 🤣

4 minutes ago, Bob20 said:

You keep making my tearducts work overtime 🤣

Yeah I can understand you crying after making such ridiculous posts:)

Edited by billywillyjones

3 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

Yeah I can understand you crying after making such ridiculous posts:)

Try and read 😉

I previously wrote that they've been tested in phase I and II. And that they were released prior to completing phase III as an emergency measure.

Then I wrote that they have since been used and documented hundreds of millions of times during the emergency use and in this short time we got more data then we would normally get.

I never said it was a traditional vaccine, or show me the quote.

And what I wrote has no relation to the type of vaccine. It has a relation to the huge mountain of data that we have from the use of millions of doses during the emergency approval period.

Some simply like to bash anything that appears here...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

You seem to not understand that mRNA is nothing like a tradional vaccine.

First, mRNA, as a vaccine, has been extensively tested in the pre-COVID world, look up "mRNA Ebola". The US-FDA approved Pfizer-vaccine-with-the-silly-name is actually the second approved mRNA vaccine. The first is an Ebola vaccine.

Second, mRNA "technology" has been developed, tested, refined, and used constantly by evolution over the past billion or so years for intercellular communication. What we mere mortals have succeeded in doing is manually creating the exosomes (the lipid carrier) that mRNA uses to transmit the RNA messages between cells. You, right now, are probably under the assault of tens of millions, if not billions, of simultaneous mRNA transmissions.

Please research some more.

• Like 1