The US could soon see Covid-19 cases return to 200,000 a day

Andrew Reeve

278098198_Thaigernews.thumb.jpg.ed52ccec51ef352e3f11c2e7b659334e.jpg

The number of Covid-19 cases in the United States might soon reach 200,000 per day, a level not seen since the pandemic's worst days in January and February, according to the director of the National Institutes of Health.

While the United States presently sees an average of 129,000 new infections per day – a 700 percent increase since the beginning of July - Dr. Francis Collins of Fox News Sunday said the figure might increase in the coming weeks. “I will be astonished if we do not hit 200,000 cases per day in the next couple of weeks,” Collins added, “and it's devastating because we never thought we would be back at this level again.”

Collins urged unvaccinated Americans to get vaccinated, calling them "sitting ducks" for a Delta variety that is showing no signs of slowing down. “That should have been January or February, not August.” But now we have the Delta form, which is extremely contagious, and this tragic situation is 90 million people remain unvaccinated.

Collins also stated that the US could make a decision in the coming weeks on whether or not to administer coronavirus booster shots to more Americans this fall.

Federal health officials have been actively investigating whether additional vaccines for the vaccinated may be required, reviewing case numbers in the United States "almost daily" as well as the situation in other countries such as Israel, where preliminary studies suggest the vaccine's protection against serious illness among those vaccinated in January has decreased. People over the age of 60 who have already been vaccinated in Israel can get a coronavirus booster.

No decision has been taken in the United States because cases here show that patients who received the two-dose Pfizer or Moderna vaccine or the one-shot Johnson & Johnson vaccine are still highly protected from Covid-19, including the Delta variant.

However, US health officials made it clear on Sunday that they are preparing for boosters as they may be required sooner rather than later.

“There is concern that the vaccine's effectiveness may be waning,” Collins added. “And Delta is a difficult one for us to deal with. We may require boosters as a result of the combination of those two factors, perhaps starting with healthcare providers and people in nursing homes, and then progressively going forward” with others, such as older Americans.

He added the “next couple of weeks” of case data will assist the US make a decision because the Delta variety only started spreading in the US strongly during July.

Source: The Guardian

• Thanks 1

Donald Trumps plan was to get 70% of the US population fully vaccinated by April

Around the same time, Biden said Trump had no plan. He thought it was impossible for a vaccine to be developed. It was also Biden who falsely claimed that if you’re vaccinated you can return to pre-chyna virus lifestyles: no mask, no social distancing. He even touted it back in July’s independence. Biden and Harris are the only politicians on record doubting vaccines. 

• Like 1

Can anyone explain how Republican politicians encouraging Republican voters to join a death cult work in terms of winning elections?

• Like 3

The guy who is heading  up the Mvacc was on Fox  yesterday !

He also confirmed the winter is coming in the states and that he suggests using a booster. 

I'd be happy with the first of three shots of M ,in October!

• Haha 2

Whatever.. as long as hospitals are not full, and the death rate is low..

People impacted most are the dimwits who chose to not get vaccinated.

As is the case now.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Changnam43 said:

Can anyone explain how Republican politicians encouraging Republican voters to join a death cult work in terms of winning elections?

There are a lot of people that don't believe in putting foreign substances in their body! Some of these people are anal about it.  Parents and  children with medical issues and other reasons have a "choice" despite what others think of them!

I'm a conservative independent! I've taken vaccines all my life and I'm waiting for the elusive M  ,thats my choice 

https://www.healthline.com/health/vaccinations/opposition#common-reasons

I bet riclag all the Anti vackers and covid conspiracy idiots were told sorry you have contacted a virus that is going to kill, you watch them run to a clinic for there vaccine. 

3 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Donald Trumps plan was to get 70% of the US population fully vaccinated by April

Around the same time, Biden said Trump had no plan. He thought it was impossible for a vaccine to be developed. It was also Biden who falsely claimed that if you’re vaccinated you can return to pre-chyna virus lifestyles: no mask, no social distancing. He even touted it back in July’s independence. Biden and Harris are the only politicians on record doubting vaccines. 

Well a lot of that is lies and misiniformation and you likely know that.............

You know that Biden said he didn't trust that Trump was pushing for the vaccines to be put out before the FDA said it was ready

But again, you likely know that..................

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Well a lot of that is lies and misiniformation and you likely know that.............

On doubting Vaccines…
Here’s Harris:

"If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it."

Here’s Biden:

"I trust vaccines, I trust scientists, but I don’t trust Donald Trump and at this moment, the American people can’t, either."

On getting vaccinated you don’t need a mask therefore implying that the vaccine reduces transmission:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Changnam43 said:

Primary goal of the Republican Base is "owning the libs". Anything that can be politicized, will be, in the pursuit of that goal. Sickness, death, medical bankruptcy, none of it is important in the quest for appeasing the Base.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, 9S_ said:

On doubting Vaccines…
Here’s Harris:

"If the public health professionals, if Dr. Fauci, if the doctors tell us that we should take it, I’ll be the first in line to take it. Absolutely. But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it."

Here’s Biden:

"I trust vaccines, I trust scientists, but I don’t trust Donald Trump and at this moment, the American people can’t, either."

On getting vaccinated you don’t need a mask therefore implying that the vaccine reduces transmission:

Yes and both were in context that Trump was pushing for the vaccine to be made available before the election before it was available/ready

You know that, so stop lying and stop spreading misinformation.......

https://www.google.com/search?q=trump+vaccine+before+the+election&rlz=1C1GCEJ_enCA874CA874&oq=trump+vaccine+before+the+election&aqs=chrome..69i57.11896j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

But if Donald Trump tells us that we should take it, I’m not taking it."

Doesn’t get clearer than that. They made this entirely political and planting seeds for vaccine hesitancy and using speed of vaccine development as ammo to see doubt 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Changnam43 said:

Obama's birthday, Lollapalooza...It is good that the virus is woke and all sophisticated and educated and what else 'cated.

• Like 2

If the idiots in charge would have listened to the Barrington Declaration doctors, this would be in our rear view mirror.  Keep the vunerable and aged away from the general population, let the virus spread, treat anyone early that caught the disease and its' over. Amazing, going back to the US and Fauci, the overall health conditions and disease rates are at an all time worst since he has taken over at NIAID.

Instead medical authorities  (idiots) decided to go against all the ways society normally handles this by allowing the healthy to be out in circulation and catching the disease, thus gaining herd immunity ( Hello Sweden). Instead the idiots dediced that isolation and no fresh air was the way to go.  Fkn clowns!

• Like 3

15 hours ago, 9S_ said:

Doesn’t get clearer than that. They made this entirely political and planting seeds for vaccine hesitancy and using speed of vaccine development as ammo to see doubt 

Again, you are lying and unless you are a complete moron, you know that context means everything

And wow, you keep ommitting the context, how convenient..............

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Ttalk said:

If the idiots in charge would have listened to the Barrington Declaration doctors, this would be in our rear view mirror.  Keep the vunerable and aged away from the general population, let the virus spread, treat anyone early that caught the disease and its' over. Amazing, going back to the US and Fauci, the overall health conditions and disease rates are at an all time worst since he has taken over at NIAID.

Instead medical authorities  (idiots) decided to go against all the ways society normally handles this by allowing the healthy to be out in circulation and catching the disease, thus gaining herd immunity ( Hello Sweden). Instead the idiots dediced that isolation and no fresh air was the way to go.  Fkn clowns!

Sweden has a population of 10mil and has had 14k deaths

Norway has a population of 5 mil and has had 809 deaths with heavy restrictions

I don't know how good you are at math but...............

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Again, you are lying and unless you are a complete moron, you know that context means everything

And wow, you keep ommitting the context, how convenient..............

As hominem 

The only politicians on record doubting the vaccines are Kamala Harris and Joe Biden. 

Edited by 9S_
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Nobody gives a shit anymore man, we are done having *everyones* lives destroyed so you can claim victory having saved a few thousand people that would have been dead in a year or two anyways. It's over, the people are waking up and understand this is not about a virus.

35 minutes ago, BraveNewFahrenheit said:

Nobody gives a shit anymore man, we are done having *everyones* lives destroyed so you can claim victory having saved a few thousand people that would have been dead in a year or two anyways. It's over, the people are waking up and understand this is not about a virus.

Hmmm......I show facts and suddenly those don't matter

I live in a normal place that took covid seriously, our lives were barely interrupted nor destroyed

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Yes, Sweden had quite a many deaths BUT the median age was 83. 90 percent of them were over 60 and most casualties had comordibities. Meaning even a bad flu season every 3-5 years would have killed them most likely. Only three percent were under 50 out of that 14K aka less than 500 and very few cases of under 30.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Yes, Sweden had quite a many deaths BUT the median age was 83. 90 percent of them were over 60 and most casualties had comordibities. Meaning even a bad flu season every 3-5 years would have killed them most likely. Only three percent were under 50 out of that 14K aka less than 500 and very few cases of under 30.

Wouldn't that be the makeup in most countries?

So to put Sweden up as a model of how to do it, when the country next to it had 800 deaths with restrictions destroys his theory...

And I don't know your age or family makeup, but I have brothers/sisters in their 60's, very close cousins in their 70's..............and many Thai expat friends in their 60's also

9 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Obviously you didn't learn about all the nursing home deaths and Somali population deaths.  Now, go ahead and have a look at what's going on in Sweden.  Go ahead...................    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/sweden/

Feel free to compare Sweden to all the other lockdown countries that aren't using ivermectin.  

BTW, Neil dumbass Ferguson said Sweden would have 500K deaths.  The same idiot that caused the UK and the whole world really ( except Sweden and a couple of other countries) to lockdown.

sweden.png

• Like 3

Now let's look at Israel, the petri dish for the world.  Not looking good and according to stats coming from there, most of the deaths are double vaccinated.  Here's a good source to see the exact stats.  https://twitter.com/RanIsraeli/

Now they are calling for a 3rd vaccine.  What's the definition of insanity, keep doing the same thing and expect different results?  More vaccine deaths will follow now that more spike proteins are injected into bodies. 3rd shot people already adding to the tally of the attached image.

israel.png

• Like 3

Everything in the states seems be down to everyone being wither an elephant or a donkey (ass?)! As soon as they started vaccinating they told people to get the jab and no more masks or social distancing! Instead of learning from Israel they now think they're immune!

This is the result of a society, officialdom and media that claimed victory a short couple of months ago - lifting most restrictions and mitigation protocols...to the chagrin of medical/scientist who knew better that it wasn't over. Enter Delta and relaxed policies.

On top of that - the ridiculous American political mindset into the mix. 

It's possible that this new surge will be much more outta hand then that of last year - which multiplied in six-eight months. 

Presently averaging some 1,000 deaths a day from 144K documented cases. 

To date in the USA: 37.1 million infections and 623K deaths. \

How shameful for such a "developed" culture.