Jump to content

CCSA approves “7+7” island hop extension to “Phuket Sandbox”


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

The so-called “7+7” island hop extension to the “Phuket Sandbox” reopening scheme has been approved by the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, allowing travellers from overseas who are vaccinated against Covid-19 to enter Phuket, stay on the island for seven days, and then travel on a sealed route to specified destinations in Surat Thani, Krabi, and Phang Nga. Under the “Phuket Sandbox” scheme, which was launched on July 1, travellers must stay on the island province for 14 days as a substitute for the quarantine period for unvaccinated travellers. The Tourism Authority of Thailand has been pushing for the CCSA […]

The post CCSA approves “7+7” island hop extension to “Phuket Sandbox” appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, chouse said:

Great news!

Those case numbers have been very low for Krabi in recent weeks!

Hope they continue 

Edited by riclag
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, riclag said:

Those case numbers have been very low for Krabi in recent weeks!

Hope they continue 

Fingers crossed! 

I just think that with the number of positive cases from international travellers being so low, surely the government have to allow the tourists who are fully vaccinated more freedom. The tourists are very little risk to the Thai locals in terms of bringing in and transmitting the virus so fingers crossed the government don't punish the tourists! Yes Phuket is lovely but many tourists/backpackers want to travel elsewhere too.

The government need to sort themselves out with the vaccine. Bordering neighbour Cambodia has fully vaccinated something like 44% of their country... Thailand 7%. 

It really is a race between the vaccine and virus, and the Thai gov are letting people down 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Travelling from one lockdown to another. What a treat! Maybe the view from the balcony is better.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, THETRUTH said:

Travelling from one lockdown to another. What a treat! Maybe the view from the balcony is better.

Where . . . at home or at Phuket? Home, I would guess!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Who dreams up these stupid ideas 7+7 nonsense. Just vaccinate your population look at what other country's have done for Buddah's sake otherwise you will still rolling out stupid ideas next year.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

They keep on coming up with the ideas!

Everyone of them,  with varying degrees of good intentions. 

The only one that they don't come up with, is the one which requires the government to spend the odd Baht or two, that is:

Vaccinate the population with two shots of a credible vaccine and open up the country!

How's that for an idea?

  • Like 3
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There were only 2 travelers out of 6,897 testet positive on their 3rd Sandbox Phuket PCR test. 

So 7+7 instead of 14+0 makes sense. 7+0 would be the even better change.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Quote

the popular tourist destinations Koh Phi Phi, Koh Ngai and Railway are open.

@Thaiger You have to stop writing with auto-correct enabled...

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It’s clear the government has every intention of reopening regardless of vaccination levels or infection rates. Come the end of October all the major tourist areas will be open. The only question is what restrictions will be in place. A Phuket scheme or some modification to it. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For some serious island hopping 4+4+4 or 3+3+3+3 would be even better. Get tested on every island, receive a free " I survived my Thai holiday in 2021"  shirt at the finish   👍 😉 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Michael0510 said:

There were only 2 travelers out of 6,897 testet positive on their 3rd Sandbox Phuket PCR test. 

So 7+7 instead of 14+0 makes sense. 7+0 would be the even better change.

As you suggest, the 7+0 approach would seem the safer way to go. A good call and sorry I missed your debut post, last month.

Hello, Michael0510 and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Bert said:

For some serious island hopping 4+4+4 or 3+3+3+3 would be even better. Get tested on every island, receive a free " I survived my Thai holiday in 2021"  shirt at the finish   👍 😉 

Ha-ha, an excellent put-down and valid, I'm sure! And your debut post, too . . . thanks for that!

Hello, Bert and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, EdwardV said:

It’s clear the government has every intention of reopening regardless of vaccination levels or infection rates. Come the end of October all the major tourist areas will be open. The only question is what restrictions will be in place. A Phuket scheme or some modification to it. 

Yeah but they blind and deaf, nobody will be coming so is a waste of time and money...they think because they open people will come with infection rates like this and everything is a dead town and waste of land.. when will they listen and do really something???, let me answer that.... NEVER

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Paco said:

Yeah but they blind and deaf, nobody will be coming so is a waste of time and money...they think because they open people will come with infection rates like this and everything is a dead town and waste of land.. when will they listen and do really something???, let me answer that.... NEVER

 

 

The Phuket Sandbox has been a success. It is far better than just doing nothing.

 

Longer term expats and visitors have found a softer entry back into Thailand and it has been a trial run for a broader opening in the country. Mass tourism obviously cannot return until the vaccination programme gets up to date amd tourist attractions, bars, restaurants etc can reopen.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Succes

5 hours ago, Chaimai said:

The Phuket Sandbox has been a success. It is far better than just doing nothing.

Longer term expats and visitors have found a softer entry back into Thailand and it has been a trial run for a broader opening in the country. Mass tourism obviously cannot return until the vaccination programme gets up to date amd tourist attractions, bars, restaurants etc can reopen.

Success ???? was a rule to close it at 90 infections they did not went over it and kept it open the people that come are people that live here or have family here, that are not tourist at all.. wake up

Edited by Paco
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Paco said:

Succes

Success ???? was a rule to close it at 90 infections they did not went over it and kept it open the people that come are people that live here or have family here, that are not tourist at all.. wake up

Wide awake thanks.................... it will be hailed as a success. Knock it all you wish, your opinion counts for Jack when the Thai authorities put their spin on it.

 

The next stage 7 + 7 will be an even greater success.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use