Chemo cream re skin cancer

Issanbear

In Australia a product called Solaraze is prescribed though it is not available in Thailand.

The active ingredient diclofenac sodium is also used in Voltaren Extra as diclofenac diethylamine.  Only the 'Extra' strength Voltaren works on skin spots as it's strength is close to that of Solaraze.

My Pharmacist put me onto this and has to order it in @ 340bt for a small tube.

Talk to the doctor first, and you could ask him about Aldara (5% imiquimod) which is available here - but I'd only suggest it if the doctor agrees, and if so be prepared for it to make things worse before it makes them better.

15 hours ago, Stonker said:

Talk to the doctor first, and you could ask him about Aldara (5% imiquimod) which is available here - but I'd only suggest it if the doctor agrees, and if so be prepared for it to make things worse before it makes them better.

And for a long treatment - not only very expensive, a danger and a real PIA to use IMHO, and results may not be that good.  The Aldara is single use pak but can be used a few times for small areas to save a few baht.  It seems to be a popular treatment in Oz but in old age would prefer nitrogen burn myself (but my primary hospital does not offer - skin cancer treatment is not common for Thai so very few doctors have much, or any, real experience).

5 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

And for a long treatment - not only very expensive, a danger and a real PIA to use IMHO, and results may not be that good.  The Aldara is single use pak but can be used a few times for small areas to save a few baht.  It seems to be a popular treatment in Oz but in old age would prefer nitrogen burn myself (but my primary hospital does not offer - skin cancer treatment is not common for Thai so very few doctors have much, or any, real experience).

I used it myself, hence the warning.

It worked for me, but it took several months and was anything but fun.

No side effects, which can apparently be quite serious, but the effect on my skin was akin to the lizard man - very much making things worse before making them better.

• 1 month later...
On 8/16/2021 at 4:55 PM, KaptainRob said:

In Australia a product called Solaraze is prescribed though it is not available in Thailand.

The active ingredient diclofenac sodium is also used in Voltaren Extra as diclofenac diethylamine.  Only the 'Extra' strength Voltaren works on skin spots as it's strength is close to that of Solaraze.

My Pharmacist put me onto this and has to order it in @ 340bt for a small tube.

I asked my pharmacist about this, as I've had a problem with a minor melanoma on my cheek for years and I can't find anywhere that will do freeze or laser treatment (which I've had before) even in Khon Kaen or Udon.

She suggested using 'normal' diclofenac cream, which isn't so strong and is normally used for minor muscle strains or sports injuries - Painoren, but there are countless other brands - four or five times a day. Just a small amount, followed by TA cream (0.02%) when it started to clear.

I was very dubious, even though she's an excellent pharmacist, but after a month it's worked - not just reduced, but completely gone without a trace.

Thanks.  Extraordinary. 

• Like 3