Interprovincial travel?

Thedontapetch

Hi all, new to this sort of thing. ( forums). Considering the current covid situ and at least a ban on Interprovincial public transport travel, my question is regarding how it is possible and legal to travel from Kanchanaburi province to Bangkok to renew my son's passport, his mother has become surprisingly uncooperative to the point of being counter productive hence the need for a little help, thank you. Victor

Extension of restrictions in the dark-red zone provinces

The announcement stated that all restrictions in the most recent Directive No. 28 were to be enforced in all 29 dark-red zone provinces, from 3-31 August, 2021. These include:

The night-time curfew remains unchanged between 21.00-04.00 Hrs. During the 7-hour period nightly, people are asked to remain at home and only to go out if necessary.

Outside of the night-time curfew, people are also asked to only to go out, if necessary, i.e., to shop for everyday items like food, medicine and medical supplies, to visit the doctor, or to receive a vaccine.

Checkpoints and screening are in place for travel between dark-red zone provinces and other areas.

Public transport is allowed to operate at only 50% of the seating capacity and must apply social distancing measures. The relative authorities are to ensure there is enough transportation services, especially for people with vaccination appointments.

https://www.tatnews.org/2021/08/thailand-expands-lockdown-in-29-dark-red-zone-provinces-from-3-31-august-2021/

44 minutes ago, Thedontapetch said:

Hi all, new to this sort of thing. ( forums). Considering the current covid situ and at least a ban on Interprovincial public transport travel, my question is regarding how it is possible and legal to travel from Kanchanaburi province to Bangkok to renew my son's passport, his mother has become surprisingly uncooperative to the point of being counter productive hence the need for a little help, thank you. Victor

Freeduhdumb is absolutely correct in what he says and renewing a passport is hardly 'essential travel'.

What nationality is the passport?  If it is a renewal that requires submission via VfS in the Trendy building you don't need to go yourself. Albeit with costs involved you can appoint a third party to submit/collect for you.

In reality you are unlikely to be challenged if traveling to/from Bangkok. I went Bang Saray/Bangkok twice and Bang Saray/Buriram twice in the last month. At no stage did I encounter any checkpoints - and, no, I did not obtain a 'travel permit'. Other friends have had the same experience - that is not to say your experience would be the same.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Which nationality? I think you can just Mail it in

I am guessing Australian - and, no, you can't mail it in.

• Like 1