Thai food you absolutely need to try

Thaiger

17 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Well, there you go . . . I love the stuff; most of it anyway.

Not too keen on that strong-smelling fishy liquor that some som-tum makers use too much of, though. Otherwise . . . bring it on!

I love the stinky fish sauce and salted crabs in som-tum.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Last nights evening meal the classic Pad - beans on toast.  Some habits are hard to forget. My wife's favourite Thai food is chickens feet, I usually leave the table when she is munching thru a plate of those.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, billyburi said:

Last nights evening meal the classic Pad - beans on toast.  Some habits are hard to forget. My wife's favourite Thai food is chickens feet, I usually leave the table when she is munching thru a plate of those.

You've always got to have a few tines of beans in the house

• Haha 1

First attempt at making a Pizza, Phad Krapow moo it was very good, cooked in the air fryer as the oven has broken down

Thats why it's small size 

239371802_10160206454496874_5815456066440688089_n.jpg

237042103_10160206454671874_1933747615927282755_n.jpg

239283382_10160206454876874_1367019119283133930_n.jpg

239344179_10160206454756874_5990755328876570584_n.jpg

Edited by Lowseasonlover
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, bushav8r said:

I love the stinky fish sauce and salted crabs in som-tum.  

Does that increase your chance off getting off if you both smell the same? 🤣

5 minutes ago, Faraday said:

I always make sure that I eat Sator when my wife does...

😀

Also spelled 'sataw'.   It is known as 'stink bean' for very good reason and we love them!  My wife buys wholesale from Chumpon and shares 5kg around among friends with any excess going in freezer .... if not already consumed raw or cooked in stir-fry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

Also spelled 'sataw'.   It is known as 'stink bean' for very good reason and we love them!  My wife buys wholesale from Chumpon and shares 5kg around among friends with any excess going in freezer .... if not already consumed raw or cooked in stir-fry.

Always get a great nights sleep after eating them.

The errm...other effect...I won't mention...555

Do you, or anyone know what the chemical in Sator is that promotes such a good sleep?

5 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Do you, or anyone know what the chemical in Sator is that promotes such a good sleep?

Apart from other nutritional benefits and some smelly side effects: "beans are rich in fibre, iron, potassium and tryptophan — an amino acid that may help boost mood and sleep"

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Always get a great nights sleep after eating them.

The errm...other effect...I won't mention...555

I didnt know that I'll have to take note next time we eat

23 hours ago, billyburi said:

Where is your culinarily sense of adventure?  lol  I have eaten chicken feet many times, much to the delight and amazement of my Thai friends.  🐥🐥

• Haha 1
  • Cool 1

19 minutes ago, bushav8r said:

Where is your culinarily sense of adventure?  lol  I have eaten chicken feet many times, much to the delight and amazement of my Thai friends.  🐥🐥

But hen's teeth are more sought after😁

1 hour ago, bushav8r said:

Sense of adventure !!!!! Behave yourself, chickens feet, what is there on them that can be eaten? Answer nothing.

Amazes me seeing the wife chomping away on them, tried them once, never again..Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Edited by colinneil
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Sense of adventure !!!!! Behave yourself, chickens feet, what is there on them that can be eaten? Answer nothing.

Amazes me seeing the wife chomping away on them, tried them once, never again..Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Even the dog wont eat them

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I am with you on that as I think to chew on grizzle is hardly enjoyable. However surprisingly there are apparently some benefits 

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/chicken-feet#bottom-line

7 hours ago, bushav8r said:

I have eaten them many times and it is sometimes a thing made in my house. But for me, give me the choice of rice field rat or chickens feet, and hands down it is rice field rat by the long win. Just don't get the why out of that one.

• Cool 1