Violent scenes erupt in Bangkok at largest anti-government rally to date

Thaiger

Yesterday’s anti-government protest in Bangkok led to violent scenes as police and protesters clashed near the Din Daeng intersection of the capital. The Bangkok Post reports that violence broke out towards the end of what was the largest “car mob” rally to date. It’s understood that at around 5pm, some younger protesters moved away from the main protests and gathered at the intersection. From there, firecrackers and bricks were hurled at police officers who had stacked up cargo containers to defend the area around the residence of PM Prayut Chan-o-cha. Police hit back with teargas and water cannon. According to […]

The post Violent scenes erupt in Bangkok at largest anti-government rally to date appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue." The famous quote from The Untouchables also plays out with protests. For every action there is a reaction. It was only a matter of time before peaceful protestors got tired of being beaten down. Unfortunately these things will continue to escalate until deaths become routine, in Thailand and other parts of the world. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

"They pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue." The famous quote from The Untouchables also plays out with protests. For every action there is a reaction. It was only a matter of time before peaceful protestors got tired of being beaten down. Unfortunately these things will continue to escalate until deaths become routine, in Thailand and other parts of the world. 

Didn't they light a police building on fire, car on fire and shoot fireworks at police a few days ago?

30 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Yesterday’s anti-government protest in Bangkok led to violent scenes as police and protesters clashed near the Din Daeng intersection of the capital. The Bangkok Post reports that violence broke out towards the end of what was the largest “car mob” rally to date. It’s understood that at around 5pm, some younger protesters moved away from the main protests and gathered at the intersection. From there, firecrackers and bricks were hurled at police officers who had stacked up cargo containers to defend the area around the residence of PM Prayut Chan-o-cha. Police hit back with teargas and water cannon. According to […]

The post Violent scenes erupt in Bangkok at largest anti-government rally to date appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Well FB and TikTok yesterday had many live streams that showed the mindless brutality of the RTP and was there for all to witness too. I am not a fan of the social media but these two apps certainly are demonstrating to the world the behavior of the RTP in promoting violence

Well compared to the US’ Summer of Love it’s actually pretty peaceful. 

I have yet to see Burning of buildings in Thailand, Looting of stores in Thailand, and Murdering over 20 people in Thailand

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, dj230 said:

Didn't they light a police building on fire, car on fire and shoot fireworks at police a few days ago?

A month ago Tear Gas was used on protestors, two weeks ago rubber bullets, water cannons. I am not picking sides. I am simply pointing out that actions have reactions that result in escalations of violence on both sides. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

Well compared to the US’ Summer of Love it’s actually pretty peaceful. 

I have yet to see Burning of buildings in Thailand, Looting of stores in Thailand, and Murdering over 20 people in Thailand

You weren't here then in 2010, 2004, 1992, 1976

I am waiting to see if there will be an enquiry into the incident where a protester was blinded by police shrapnel/bullet. I would imagine the violence yesterday was at least partially related to this incident.

This is all on the repressive tactics of the RTP. They are not questioning their orders on any level, and they are supporting oppression, repression, suppression, the backwards movement of the nation, poverty and decline. You guys are are willing tools of the tools. Be ashamed of yourselves guys, you are supporting a CCP type state here. You are the problem. 

thailand-violence-superJumbo.jpg

34425258-8842939-image-a-83_1602758707120.jpg

202011asia_thailand_watercannon.jpg.webp

BGEKOWWENBM4DA3XGC4RZ5ZELI.jpg

25 minutes ago, gummy said:

You weren't here then in 2010, 2004, 1992, 1976

I’m comparing this weeks insurrection versus the BLM death hordes of last year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

In other words selective memory then. 

1 minute ago, gummy said:

In other words selective memory then. 

$2 Billion dollars in insurance payouts so far

20 people murdered

Dozens of cities burned down

Thousands of hours of democrats looting stores, grocery stores, mom and pop shops, stealing from people, blocking roads

Police stations burned down

Federal buildings sieged

Hundreds of officers injured with bricks, chemicals, laser beams  

Officer Dorn shot in cold blood as he tried to defend his friends jewelry shop from being looted

Burn, Loot, Murder was far deadlier than whatever happened this week on a street in Bangkok

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

A month ago Tear Gas was used on protestors, two weeks ago rubber bullets, water cannons. I am not picking sides. I am simply pointing out that actions have reactions that result in escalations of violence on both sides. 

Fair enough, just seems like both sides are using violence from what I see

"peaceful protestors" wouldn't be lighting police buildings on fire, shooting fireworks or lighting cars on fire

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

$2 Billion dollars in insurance payouts so far

20 people murdered

Dozens of cities burned down

Thousands of hours of democrats looting stores, grocery stores, mom and pop shops, stealing from people, blocking roads

Police stations burned down

Federal buildings sieged

Hundreds of officers injured with bricks, chemicals, laser beams  

Officer Dorn shot in cold blood as he tried to defend his friends jewelry shop from being looted

Burn, Loot, Murder was far deadlier than whatever happened this week on a street in Bangkok

And what happened or happens in the US has nothing whatsoever to do with Bangkok which is the subject matter

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

And what happened or happens in the US has nothing whatsoever to do with Bangkok which is the subject matter

It’s a comparison between how utterly destructive BLM was last year. 

2 hours ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

Indeed, that's how terrorists became to be. Governments around the world are increasingly using violence against their people who dare to protest peacefully against them and so the more radical elements will gain the upper hand. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 9S_ said:

Go back to the usa if you not respect what the Thai people are thinking and comparing with blm what never exists in Thailand! Nobody in Thailand wants more toxic and not understand the suffering and problems in Thailand. People like you also bring other westeners in a bad light. Here is Thailand not Trump or qanan, please keep these toxic out of Thailand and not mix it in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, cmsally said:

I am waiting to see if there will be an enquiry into the incident where a protester was blinded by police shrapnel/bullet. I would imagine the violence yesterday was at least partially related to this incident.

My daughter said she read and thought it was a tear gas canister striking the eye of a protestor. Not sure, but all the kids are all following this and talking about it. Yesterday in CM while riding to go running, I encountered 3 different very large waves of them. Even saw what looked like hundreds of police lined up at the police station on the Mae Ping river that sits on the 1141 road that goes to t he airport. Police on both sides of the road in force. Lamphun car protestors were coming in on the road as the CM protestors were on the other side. Was like two trains passing each other. My son was going to read at the University and ended being part of it on the Super Highway. Not that it bothered him as, well just as and leave it at perfect timing?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Go back to the usa if you not respect what the Thai people are thinking and comparing with blm what never exists in Thailand! Nobody in Thailand wants more toxic and not understand the suffering and problems in Thailand. People like you also bring other westeners in a bad light. Here is Thailand not Trump or qanan, please keep these toxic out of Thailand and not mix it in.

I remember seeing streets torched by BLM

I remember seeing gas station owners strapped up with guns telling customers to leave for fear of being looted

I remember seeing BLM point laser beams in the eyes of police officers to make them go blind. BLM throwing bricks at them and Molotov cocktails at them

I remember seeing BLM rampaging through shopping malls destroying stores and looting them

I remember watching the video where Officer Dorn was shot  he was holding his neck as blood poured onto the concrete  the one who shot the video knew Officer Dorn

I remember watching BLM March through the streets attacking restaurant goers and innocent bystanders.

I remember watching DC burn, seeing churches get burned down

I remember seeing air horns being blared in the face of old ladies as they prayed the rosary

I remember seeing children attacked on the roads by BLM

I remember seeing a truck driver violently dragged out of his truck by BLM

how dare you water down the violent riots of last year. At least Thais are more peaceful: not burning, not looting and not murdering anybody

BLM was far deadlier, far more violent, far more destructive than whatever happened in Bangkok. 

Edited by 9S_

Why do you insist on prefacing 'protestors' with 'peaceful?' Or vice versa.

These thugs are showering the police with fireworks, homemade bombs, bricks, and bullets. Yes, bullets.

What is the police reponse? Water, gas and plastic.

Still, the NED might be a little caught up for a few days.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

I remember seeing streets torched by BLM

I remember seeing gas station owners strapped up with guns telling customers to leave for fear of being looted

I remember seeing BLM point laser beams in the eyes of police officers to make them go blind. BLM throwing bricks at them and Molotov cocktails at them

I remember seeing BLM rampaging through shopping malls destroying stores and looting them

I remember watching the video where Officer Dorn was shot  he was holding his neck as blood poured onto the concrete  the one who shot the video knew Officer Dorn

I remember watching BLM March through the streets attacking restaurant goers and innocent bystanders.

I remember watching DC burn, seeing churches get burned down

I remember seeing air horns being blared in the face of old ladies as they prayed the rosary

I remember seeing children attacked on the roads by BLM

I remember seeing a truck driver violently dragged out of his truck by BLM

BLM was far deadlier, far more violent, far more destructive than whatever happened in Bangkok. 

Do you understand that here is Thailand? NOT USA, NOT TRUMP, NOT Q ANAN ! 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Stardust said:

Do you understand that here is Thailand? NOT USA, NOT TRUMP, NOT Q ANAN ! 

Do you not understand it’s a comparison on how peaceful the Thais  are compared to the violence of democrat voters?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donald said:

Indeed, that's how terrorists became to be. Governments around the world are increasingly using violence against their people who dare to protest peacefully against them and so the more radical elements will gain the upper hand. 

And as we could see yesterday the Bangkokian residents were standing at the streets and cheering  the protests and showed what they feel and think about all this mess, incompetence and missmanagements.