Opposition party suing government for Covid-19 failure

Thaiger

The Move Forward Party has announced that it is suing the government for its alleged mishandling of the Covid-19 pandemic now ravaging Thailand. They plan on launching a class-action lawsuit in the coming week to demand compensation for the government’s failure to sufficiently address Covid-19 as the third wave causes record infections and deaths every day. The MFP is a progressive party in opposition of PM Prayut Chan-o-cha and the ruling Palang Pracharath Party and their deputy leader has been gathering together a coalition of opponents who wish to sue the government over Covid-19. They had collected about 100 people […]

The post Opposition party suing government for Covid-19 failure appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Yes, Thailand did extremely well at the beginning of this pandemic. Especially so considering that unlike my country, Thailand has land borders making it far more difficult to keep the virus out. I am saddened to continuously see the daily numbers of people both catching and dying in a country I love. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BainaiThai said:

...grant me the serenity....

So apt, here and thank you for that. I was tempted to insert a link to the 'Serenity Prayer' but I'll let you do that, should you wish.

Sounds like a plan ! But what court in Thailand will prosecute the case let alone pass down a conviction on what is obviously a failure in governance and a serious dereliction of duties by the primister and his cronies. I feel they will only achieve more "bad publicity" for the PM which he has plenty of already ! We'll keep our fingers crossed anyway cause" ya never know "!!! 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Griff1315 said:

They will have to move fast before the government get their amnesty law in place to protect their axxxs

Yep. First exact thing I thought of. Watch it come out published tomorrow in the Royal Gazette beating their Tuesday filing.