Today’s pro-democracy protests to interfere with traffic

Thaiger

Today’s pro-democracy rallies will likely result in traffic congestion at Ratchaprasong and Lat Prao intersections, 2 of the cities busiest junctions, says the Metropolitan Police Bureau. The police have expressed their concerns that the rallies might stop traffic in the region after rally organisers shared their “car park” protest plan. An armada of protesters’ cars are set to convene at the Ratchaprasong intersection and the Democracy Monument and Ayutthaya at 2 pm today, and then departing an hour after that. Then, at 6 pm, the protesters will sound their car horns. After that, they will disperse. Red-shirt leader Nattawut Saikuar […]

The post Today’s pro-democracy protests to interfere with traffic appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Quote: The government has previously tossed around the possibility of pressing charges against the parents of young protesters.

I am sure this will help spread the love for them even more. The Thai news just showed the police all getting their pep talk getting ready to go out and do what they will do. Looks like they are in huge numbers out in force.

5 minutes ago, 9S_ said:

These people should stay home. They’re the reason why we’re seeing surges in cases

The real reason isn't from them. Comes from no vaccines and then Songkran travel as backed by the you know who, and then? But surely it probably doesn't help at this point but the bat, cat is already well out of the bag and even has come from some of their own members disregarding safety issues thinking they are above all and do not have to adhere to what all the peons are told to do. all their actions have went silent and swept under the rug. If they did stay home then it gives the ones in control easy sailing and this is another cannot do as for how it looks the majority of the good Thai people have had well than more than enough of them and their selfish antics. Now, just say if everyone would have been vaccine jabbed with a good vaccine, then this Delta variant would not be ravaging the country how it is now. Gonna get worse before it can get better. But I do understand your sentiment. For me, I have my own and listening to my kids and wife is part of mine. For my kids it is their life and their future they are fighting for. Fed up is the word.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, thai3 said:

Most of them are in cars

when I saw them in asoke most were on motorbikes or walking

Edited by dj230

12 minutes ago, dj230 said:

when I saw them in asoke most were on motorbikes or walking

I think there are 2 - 3+ different groups. The vehicle protest is red shirt based, and the other 2-3+ younger generation as it would seem. The more the merrier. 

• Like 1