Covid UPDATE Sunday: 21,882 new infections, 209 deaths, new briefs

Thaiger

Today the Thai public health department has announced 21,882 new infections of the Coronavirus and 209 Covid-related deaths. 245 were detected in the Thai prison system. 21,106 patients have been released from hospitals and field hospitals. Province totals will be published early this afternoon. • The Thai Army are sending a transport helicopter to Tak’s mountainous Umphang district, to transport Karen villagers infected with Covid-19 to medical facilities. The district borders Myanmar. Yesterday Tak registered 103 new infections for the remote province. The helicopter will ferry Karen villagers in Le Tong Ku village to the Mae Chan sub-district hospital. It took […]

The post Covid UPDATE Sunday: 21,882 new infections, 209 deaths, new briefs appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

The case numbers are essentially flat as little to no active testing is taking place. The only tests are from people who are concerned or attend hospital for a test. As that whole system is up to capacity (It’s full), then no more cases can be reported. Unless active testing is carried out I would anticipate official numbers remaining in the 20,000-25,000 per day. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Seems Thailand is in a holding pattern - lets hope it stays here and that 30K number never arrives.

And what do you think is going to stop it?  I can't see anything on the horizon with the power to reverse the situation.

1 hour ago, Rasputin said:

And what do you think is going to stop it?  I can't see anything on the horizon with the power to reverse the situation.

Yep - unless they get a lot more people vaccinated a lot more quickly it aint going to slow down I fear.