Police arrest woman jobless from Covid-19 for burglary

Thaiger

Police apprehended a woman in Nakhon Phanom who confessed to breaking into 8 homes in the area after the Covid-19 pandemic left her unemployed and broke. The 26 year old woman from Sri Songkhram district was caught with nearly 100 things she had stolen from the houses in the Muang municipal area where she lived in a rental house. Residents had complained about a string of break-ins in Tambon Nong Saeng last week between August 5 and August 12. Valuable jewellery and religious trinkets were stolen like gold necklaces and Buddha amulets, along with cash and electronics like cameras and […]

The post Police arrest woman jobless from Covid-19 for burglary appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Sorry but being broke and unemployed is no excuse to break into people's homes to steal. Hopefully they will now provide her with room and board with a whole lot of room mates 

5 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Police apprehended a woman in Nakhon Phanom who confessed to breaking into 8 homes in the area after the Covid-19 pandemic left her unemployed and broke. The 26 year old woman from Sri Songkhram district was caught with nearly 100 things she had stolen from the houses in the Muang municipal area where she lived in a rental house. Residents had complained about a string of break-ins in Tambon Nong Saeng last week between August 5 and August 12. Valuable jewellery and religious trinkets were stolen like gold necklaces and Buddha amulets, along with cash and electronics like cameras and […]

The post Police arrest woman jobless from Covid-19 for burglary appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

"Now judge, judge, I got debts no honest man could pay
The bank was holding my mortgage, they taking my house away
Now I ain't saying that makes me an innocent man
But it was more and all this that put that gun in my hand." - Johnny 99

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeW said:

Sorry but being broke and unemployed is no excuse to break into people's homes to steal. Hopefully they will now provide her with room and board with a whole lot of room mates 

It may turn out that empathy will be the biggest casualty after loss of life. 

2 hours ago, MikeW said:

Not knowing what you're going to feed your kids will make many people do many things, theft among them and probably at the "Nice" end of the scale.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lawyers_Guns_and_Money said:

It may turn out that empathy will be the biggest casualty after loss of life. 

I like your Username, I am also a Warren Zevon fan.

• Like 1

We are going to see more and more of this.

I spoke to the wife about beefing up our home security as I think this is going to get worse and worse as the government continually trips over their own feet in managing this pandemic.

• Like 1

An increase in this type of crime has been occupying my thoughts lately. 
Desperation will, inevitably, bring out the worst in society. 
When you have lost everything and have nothing else to lose, people will resort to desperate measures to put food in the mouths of their hungry children. 
We are only beginning to see what will likely be a big uptick in robbery, burglary and property crimes. It will also likely lead to a big increase in loan sharking and the physical harm inflicted when people are unable to repay. 
stay safe and remain empathetic. 

• Like 3