Staycation?

AdvocatusDiaboli

As things get worse to travel down south, if Chiang Mai gets a bet better with some pools and restaurants with alcohol open, any suggestions for a hotel or two for some nice hotels for a staycation? As the rest of the country may be out of reach for me, something here with a different taste and feel may just be able to allow me to taste some new coffee shops and eateries? I do know google is not quite that reliable on what is open at this time.

Once stayed at Riverside House Hotel, it is cheap, but quite ok,  if that is what you are looking for, 1000Baht I think.

There is a really nice restaurant 1-200M if you turn right out of the hotel. They do a really huge pizza.

Only has a very small pool though.

As soon as we have had our 2nd AZ jab we are looking to head up that way.

27 minutes ago, Mynemesis said:

Once stayed at Riverside House Hotel, it is cheap, but quite ok,  if that is what you are looking for, 1000Baht I think.

There is a really nice restaurant 1-200M if you turn right out of the hotel. They do a really huge pizza.

A bit more up market The Chaya Resort is quite nice. Lovely pool, nice breakfast, I just see what rate they are offering now, a steal. We paid loads more!

@Mynemesis thanks for the reply, will do some research into them, and will look at getting ready for when things turn yellow and pools and restaurants (with a vino or two) are available to us. 

1 hour ago, Mynemesis said:

The restaurant is called Dukes. I just got a cheese pizza the other day from them. Is that hotel even open? Most are closed. 

Just keep an eye open. Things are still pretty open here and the air is great right now. Not sure how coming from a red zone is accepted. 

BTW. You might want to see if you can Airbnb a condo for a month. Some ok ones in town. There is one beside the Shangrila Hotel. Forget its name but it’s nice. Friend stayed there once. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 9:36 PM, HolyCowCm said:

BTW. You might want to see if you can Airbnb a condo for a month. Some ok ones in town. There is one beside the Shangrila Hotel. Forget its name but it’s nice. Friend stayed there once. 

Are the pools at condo open? Or all closed? Just wondering. As many provincial governors have made it more strict by having communal pools at moobans and condos closed :(

4 minutes ago, DeeBKK said:

Are the pools at condo open? Or all closed? Just wondering. As many provincial governors have made it more strict by having communal pools at moobans and condos closed :(

Only public pools are closed, so it's open to interpretation. Can ask reception before booking whether they view theirs as public.

44 minutes ago, DeeBKK said:

No telling. If you have an idea of where you will book then maybe you can call the front desk and ask the place. Those condos are in a nice location and does have an ok pool and are.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/14/2021 at 9:36 PM, HolyCowCm said:

Astra Condo ... overlooks Shangri La grounds and pool.

Hotel M, more central as next to Thapae Gate is ~1000bt per night.  

4 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Astra Condo ... overlooks Shangri La grounds and pool.

Hotel M, more central as next to Thapae Gate is ~1000bt per night.  

Yep just past it the other day and remember the name Astra Condo. The prices are running about 750 for the day on Agoda, and then long term in their website at 15k per month 1 bedroom. Not sure on the length of term, but bet you can negotiate length. Over on airbnb did see one advertised at 688 baht per night for a 1 bedroom and I bet you can get that far lower than that for short short stay. I have seen the units there and they are definitely ok and the pool is nice as well. I have been to the M over where the Burger King is and even asked a few times before for their prices for visiting friends. They never ever want to budge lower than the 1000 baht. You could always get a better price and nice room at the Top North down the street compared to them and basically a better location. I have seen many o many of their rooms as one of my friends likes to stay there every so often over the years. Pool is just ok but is nice to stay there or even visit. right now there seem to be lots of bargains out there for really nice places.

On 8/14/2021 at 6:37 PM, Mynemesis said:

I get my mRNA vaccine next week, so I may head to Chiang Mai for a change. The D2v has some great rates now.