Widow of former Prime Minister dies of Covid-19

Thaiger

The widow of former Prime Minister Chatichai, Thanpuying Boonruen Choonhavan, has died early this morning of illness connected to Covid-19. Details around the death of the 101 year old widow are vague, but the announcement was made on Facebook today by her granddaughter. Thanpuying had one daughter who survived her, Vanee, and a son Kraisak who died last year in June, but whose surviving daughter made the post today remembering her life and announcing her death. The post detailed a smart and devoted wife that married General Chatichai in November of 1944. She helped her husband rise through the ranks […]

The post Widow of former Prime Minister dies of Covid-19 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

From the above link:

"Details around the death of the 101 year old widow are vague"

So, don't you think that the headline of this thread is inaccurate?

More likely, I would imagine that as this lady was 101 & chest infections are very prevalent in the elderly, that she died from Respiratory arrest.

She was most probably tested for Covid, but her being positive, doesn't mean she died from it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

From the above link:

More likely, I would imagine that as this lady was 101 & chest infections are very prevalent in the elderly, that she died from Respiratory arrest.

She was most probably tested for Covid, but her being positive, doesn't mean she died from it.

The report clearly states that she 'has died early this morning of illness connected to Covid-19.'

Is that difficult to accept?

• Like 4

she died b/c age 101.  come on king cotton.  perhaps write articles about how the attributions of deaths to covid rather than age is deceptive.

Edited by kmc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, kmc said:

she died b/c age 101.  come on king cotton.  perhaps write articles about how the attributions of deaths to covid rather than age is deceptive.

Good that we're all free and able to have our own takes on happenings like this. That said, my take is that were it not for her suffering Covid, she would be 102 next year. But each to his own, like with most things in life.

Cheers

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Thaiger said:

2 years ago a man with an official Thai National ID Card with the birth date of April 9, 1981, making him 128 years old,

Born in 1981? So 128 years old?

Maybe that should be 1891 .....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The elderly, sick or those with preconditions are certainly more succeptible to harm from Covid but in reality how many labeled "dying from Covid" are actually "dying "with Covid"?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, billywillyjones said:

how many labeled "dying from Covid" are actually "dying "with Covid"?

I imagine there's a big difference in numbers; but - & this is not a dig at the OP, it sells newspapers. 

Then people get vaccinated.

And the connection is......(most probably)

James Smith, who works for Reuters & sits on the board at Pfizer.

Problem, reaction, solution.

14 hours ago, Faraday said:

From the above link:

What are you trying to achieve with the above post? It is established the elderly with existing chronic conditions are more susceptible to dying as from Covid 19 as it weakens the respiratory  and immune system contributing to an earlier death. Are you suggesting every person who dies with Covid 19 be subjected to an autopsy to satisfy your morbid curiosity? IMO long overdue for those attempting to denigrate the reality of a killer disease, in the middle of a global effort to rein in the spread of Covid 19, pull their head in.

Here in Australia anti vaxxers are now visiting GP clinics asking question to deliberate waste GP's time to slow down vaccination progress; they should be heavily fined / jailed.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/gps-call-out-atrocious-anti-vaxx-plan-to-ambush-pr

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, PBS said:

What are you trying to achieve with the above post? It is established the elderly with existing chronic conditions are more susceptible to dying as from Covid 19 as it weakens the respiratory  and immune system contributing to an earlier death. Are you suggesting every person who dies with Covid 19 be subjected to an autopsy to satisfy your morbid curiosity? IMO long overdue for those attempting to denigrate the reality of a killer disease, in the middle of a global effort to rein in the spread of Covid 19, pull their head in.

Here in Australia anti vaxxers are now visiting GP clinics asking question to deliberate waste GP's time to slow down vaccination progress; they should be heavily fined / jailed.

https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/gps-call-out-atrocious-anti-vaxx-plan-to-ambush-pr

Thought my post was perfectly clear....

Died with...

Died of...

Use of sensational headlines....

Then read my post #34593.

Edit:

As for  your sentence about 'autopsy & morbid curiosity'..

I have no idea why you posted that, unless you're attempting to escalate the tone of my posts...?

Edited by Faraday

It's called Epidemiology:
Where do you think Covid-19 ACTUALLY sits on the things that kill Thai citizens matrix?

Here is a fun statistical game... let's log everyone's death and what they are confirmed to have died of, not just SarsCoV2 and tally them all up; see what is actually the deadliest disease processes. Then we could play another game, called Risk Management Analysis and properly prioritize what is killing all of us in order of most significance, then act and manage accordingly/properly. It's called a risk management matrix and the idea is that you would manage high priority/impact/likely, easy to fix diseases (requiring the least effort, resources and societal impact) first, to save the most people by the easiest means and go from there... Just seems to make common sense... doesn't it?

Typical Risk Matrix.png

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Faraday said:

Thought my post was perfectly clear....

Died with...

Died of...

Use of sensational headlines....

Then read my post #34593.

Edit:

As for  your sentence about 'autopsy & morbid curiosity'..

I have no idea why you posted that, unless you're attempting to escalate the tone of my posts...?

Only speculation which no-one on this forum can empirically answer. Again I ask why post, what do you hope to achieve?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, PBS said:

Again I ask why post, what do you hope to achieve?

To illustrate the difference between:

died with Covid, or died from Covid

Unnerstan' now...?

?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Faraday said:

From the above link:

Except the Thai PBS article doesn't say "she was tested for Covid and found positive",  it says "died early this morning (Saturday) of a COVID-19 related illness." Now, Covid might not be the only contributing factor in this case, but it has been established that it precipitates massive and lethal  complications. 

And btw, at over 450 posts, one has to wonder what is your "agenda" here.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1

18 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The widow of former Prime Minister Chatichai, Thanpuying Boonruen Choonhavan, has died early this morning of illness connected to Covid-19. Details around the death of the 101 year old widow are vague, but the announcement was made on Facebook today by her granddaughter. Thanpuying had one daughter who survived her, Vanee, and a son Kraisak who died last year in June, but whose surviving daughter made the post today remembering her life and announcing her death. The post detailed a smart and devoted wife that married General Chatichai in November of 1944. She helped her husband rise through the ranks […]

The post Widow of former Prime Minister dies of Covid-19 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Let's give this woman the dignity we all hope to receive when passing. She lived a long and full life and loved being of service to her country. A country that I presume many of us in this message board love as well.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Unnerstan' now...?

?

Nope, unanswerable matter concerning the deceased in the OP. Presumably can only be answered by gathering stats from forensic autopsies by way of a formal study. Have to say if I were a member of the deceased family I would be thoroughly unimpressed with speculative social media commentary.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, King Cotton said:

Good that we're all free and able to have our own takes on happenings like this. That said, my take is that were it not for her suffering Covid, she would be 102 next year. But each to his own, like with most things in life.

Cheers

This is the crux of the matter. If the lady in question could have survived another year on the planet, age and prior health conditions notwithstanding, then covid DID cause her death.

This is simple, surely?

Edited by NumbNut
grammar!
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Unnerstan' now...?

?

I get it!!! Like dying "after" getting vaccinated or dying "from" the vaccine!!! Makes perfect sense.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PBS said:

Can't believe that article! Given up trying to work out the thought process, and I use the term advisedly, of your average anti-vaxx f-wit.

Seriously though... making a booking with a GP for the Vax, then arriving with a questionnaire (?) for the GP and waste the GP's time with BS when they could be vaccinating people against this covid-19 scourge.

If you don't want the vaccine fine, pull your head in and get out of the way.

Don't stop other people from getting vaccinated if they choose to.

• Like 3

Ridiculous. Just outright ridiculous. Highlighting the fact that this woman death at the age of 101 years was Covid related. If these where normal times and she would have died of a "normal" flue it probably would not even have been mentioned.

Poverty versus Covid.jpg

How many people each day in Thailand die from.
Covid.
Heart attack.
Cancer.
Stroke.
Diabetes.
We are all designed to die dependant on our physical being.
The covid vaccine is to help protect but is not a cure.
Obviously covid deaths are real but so are deaths from flu, Dengue fever, heart failure, stroke and cancer.
As we only hear of covid related deaths which make people believe the end of humanity has arrived would it not be also good to know the daily stats of other deaths caused by other events rather than covid only. Covid indeed kills but death comes in many other forms including old age.  Things must be put into perspective.

• Like 1