Canada mandates domestic travellers must be vaccinated

Thaiger

A sweeping new announcement from Canada’s Transport Minister at a virtual press conference yesterday declared that most passengers travelling commercially in Canada will be required to be vaccinated by this fall. The new requirement will apply to anyone travelling by plane, interprovincial train, and cruise ships or other ” large marine vessels with overnight accommodations”. Canada has 71% of people above the age of 12 and eligible for a vaccine already fully vaccinated, one of the highest vaccination rates in the world, prompting Prime Minister Justin Trudeau to comment often that a vaccine mandate just wouldn’t be necessary. But over […]

The post Canada mandates domestic travellers must be vaccinated appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Canada and Germany also don't count Sinovac as a vaccine and will not allow travelers fully vaccinated with Chinese stuff to enter.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

I would like to see the US do the same thing. I do not like government mandates. And I am not  VAX guy. But, the numbers suggest a dramatic decrease in transmission amongst people who have taken the vaccine.

And there are an awful lot of people draping themself in the US flag, yet unwilling to do anything to help the nation recover. There comes a time when you just have to stop whining about civil liberties, and do something for the common good. 

Please, do not even reply with the civil liberty nonsense. 

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

Canada and Germany also don't count Sinovac as a vaccine and will not allow travelers fully vaccinated with Chinese stuff to enter.

The reason Canada (and other Western countries) don't approve of Sinovac is because China refused to supply those countries with samples for testing.

Back when the vaccines started getting pushed out in big numbers, China was using Sinovac and exporting it to countries that had deep ties to China (or owed them a ton of money).

However, they wouldn't send any to Japan, Canada, the USA, UK or "Western EU" countries. Places that might actually test their vaccine to determine what was in it and how effective it may be.
(China said it was due to the "complexity" of the approval process in those countries. In other words, those countries might actually test the vaccine and might actually compare the test results with the results China claims so China decided to simply not send them any.)

Instead they shipped it to Chile, Thailand, Turkey, Pakistan (etc, etc). Places that couldn't (or wouldn't) test the vaccine before starting to dose everyone with it.

And that was before that big news conference where top Chinese doctors admitted that their vaccine wasn't as good as they'd hoped.
(https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/world/top-official-admits-chinese-vaccines-have-low-effectiveness/ar-BB1fwlU5)

About a month ago I think it was there was a story that the US was finally able to get some Sinovac for testing. Not sure if it came from the Chinese or from someone the Chinese sent the vaccine to. Haven't seen anything in the news about that since then.

Not sure how they are going to do any kind of "vaccine passport" either, especially considering how many people have been jabbed with little or no record of it. 

I can tell (someone) that I was jabbed at BHP on what day/date and with what vaccine, but I have nothing to prove it. (I'm sure BHP has a record of it on their computer though).

And we've seen already how people will fake Covid-19 test results and vaccine documentation in order to travel. Sorting out who actually has been vaccinated and who hasn't will cause a lot of headaches in itself.

Not to mention if some countries get fussy and decide that, for example, they don't think the (AZ or whatever) made in India is as good as the stuff made in (the UK or wherever) so you'll have to be able to prove what vaccine you got and where it was manufactured and when and so on and so on.

Eventually they'll just give up on the whole idea or go back to using what we used to use before. Our yellow vaccination book that recorded all the vaccinations we'd been given.
I mean, they only used that system for what - 50-60 years or so ?

(After I filled my first yellow book I had to get another but the new one was blue. Not sure if that was a local thing or a new international style. I liked the old yellow one as it was distinctive, but it was a bit larger than a passport so maybe that's why they went to the smaller, blue one.)

• Like 4

It's actually because Trudeau is calling a snap election in September, and the majority of Canadians support a vaccine mandate, so it's good PR for him - he'll secure the vote of all those people who want to control YOU for THEIR safety.

Trudeau gets to swoop in and appear to be the saviour, and everyone will instantly have amnesia about him shitting the bed with vaccines and open borders last year.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

45 minutes ago, kerryd said:

The reason Canada (and other Western countries) don't approve of Sinovac is because China refused to supply those countries with samples for testing.

Looks like China may just be using 4 to 8 doses this year of Sinovac, no proof but Sinovac just ant working. Remember China refused to let the world know about Covid-19, just let it tourists travel. 

Well let’s just see the world to be in the next year. Breakfast at Milliways anyone?  Though of course you will require a vaccine passport. I wonder how you get one in Thailand, I suppose your required to enter the dark red zone to get one? Oh well.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

16 hours ago, AlexPTY said:

It is absolute junk. Nobody takes this stuff seriously. Drinking more water is likely more effective. And we all know exactly why this vaccine was chosen, and it gives more credibility to the demands of the youth. 

This is fake/junk news that the thaiger seems well versed in.  Your "trusted source", CNN, did not even take the time to read the news release from CBC.ca.  Only Canadian Govt employees in transportation, air & rail are mandated to keep their jobs.  Maybe they will try to mandate citizen travellers but their is just one little thing that gets in the way.  It's callëd the bíll of rights in the constitution.  My body my choice.  

• Like 2

I hate to break it to many here but none of the vaccines are particularly effective against a mutating virus.  Sure some of the vaccines may provide a one time but short lived boost to the immune system particularly effective for those who never took the time or effort to watch their diet or exercise and developed dangerous preconditions as a result. 

And will the vaccines require constant booster shots to bolster a declining immune system? And importantly what are the long term side effects of these relatively untested rna vaccines?  Is this short term gain for long term pain?  No one is right or wrong on this issue at this point.  And those screaming anti vaxxers are showing their ignorance on the matter.

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

20 hours ago, Jackeee said:

This is fake/junk news that the thaiger seems well versed in.  Your "trusted source", CNN, did not even take the time to read the news release from CBC.ca.  Only Canadian Govt employees in transportation, air & rail are mandated to keep their jobs.  Maybe they will try to mandate citizen travellers but their is just one little thing that gets in the way.  It's callëd the bíll of rights in the constitution.  My body my choice.  

Hi Jackee, 

I think you may be getting confused between the Federal Public Service and Federally Regulated Industries and their respective employees. The following press release from the Canadian Government is what the media would have used as an initial source for their later interviews, news etc.

https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/news/2021/08/government-of-canada-to-require-vaccination-of-federal-workforce-and-federally-regulated-transportation-sector.html

You will see that it includes the following (my bolding to highlight):

"The Government of Canada today announced its intent to require vaccination as early as the end of September across the federal public service."

In addition, as soon as possible in the fall and no later than the end of October, the Government of Canada will require employees in the federally regulated air, rail, and marine transportation sectors to be vaccinated. 

This is also supported in the following article from CBC.ca

"Transport Minister Omar Alghabra announced today that the federal government will soon require that all public servants be vaccinated — a mandate that he said will also be implemented by Crown corporations and other federally regulated businesses in the coming weeks."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-government-mandatory-vaccinations-1.6140131

However, from these articles, the Thaiger's article in relation to the points of concern you raised, would actual seem to be correct in its detail and hence not "Fake News" as you described.

As to people challenging the decision? I am sure that the Canadian Judicial System will rule on any constitutional issues or other legality at the appropriate time and place. I can only hope that you are given the right to choose what you want for your own body.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Smithydog said:

"In addition, as soon as possible in the fall and no later than the end of October, the Government of Canada will require employees in the federally regulated air, rail, and marine transportation sectors to be vaccinated. "

This is true. I received an email today from a friend in Canada who is not a government employee but works as an engineer on a ship, and he said he's going to have to quit his job to avoid the experimental injection. 

22 hours ago, Smithydog said:

Hi Jackee, 

I think you may be getting confused between the Federal Public Service and Federally Regulated Industries and their respective employees. The following press release from the Canadian Government is what the media would have used as an initial source for their later interviews, news etc.

https://www.canada.ca/en/treasury-board-secretariat/news/2021/08/government-of-canada-to-require-vaccination-of-federal-workforce-and-federally-regulated-transportation-sector.html

You will see that it includes the following (my bolding to highlight):

"The Government of Canada today announced its intent to require vaccination as early as the end of September across the federal public service."

In addition, as soon as possible in the fall and no later than the end of October, the Government of Canada will require employees in the federally regulated air, rail, and marine transportation sectors to be vaccinated. 

This is also supported in the following article from CBC.ca

"Transport Minister Omar Alghabra announced today that the federal government will soon require that all public servants be vaccinated — a mandate that he said will also be implemented by Crown corporations and other federally regulated businesses in the coming weeks."

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/federal-government-mandatory-vaccinations-1.6140131

However, from these articles, the Thaiger's article in relation to the points of concern you raised, would actual seem to be correct in its detail and hence not "Fake News" as you described.

As to people challenging the decision? I am sure that the Canadian Judicial System will rule on any constitutional issues or other legality at the appropriate time and place. I can only hope that you are given the right to choose what you want for your own body.

Thank you for clarifying the difference of "employee or regulated by".  The point is the header in the article would lead the reader to believe all travellers, ie, everyone would be mandated which is not the case.

• Like 1