Interesting restaurant site

JamesE

FFS, my S.O. stumbled on this website today: https://fantasticfoodsearch.com/ffsbangkok/map?place with some interesting looking choices from food carts to upscale and, as she likes to say, not too many places with "white people food". It looks like it's just getting started but has several areas around the country. Since there's only two or three more weeks until the pandemic is over by pronouncement, it might be a good resource going forward.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NumbNut said:

That's a nice little page, thanks for the share!

Had a giggle when I first saw FFS though, I thought you were saying something else!

I had the same reaction. In their reviews of each place they say something like "FFS, you have got to try the pad gaprao..." I think it was planned.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

In Thonglor, I can vouch for Khua Kling Pak Sod (their other location is the one that used to have a Bib Gourmand designation), especially for cripsy turmeric fish (Pla Tod Kamin) and their crab curries.

Near the river, Somsong Phochana is known for Sukhothai-style noodles.

Or Tor Kor market (pronounced more like Aw Taw Kaw) is a must for your out-of-town friends who would be scared of a less-than-pristine fresh market experience. Often you can get free durian tastes, too.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
On 8/14/2021 at 10:01 AM, JamesE said:

I had the same reaction. In their reviews of each place they say something like "FFS, you have got to try the pad gaprao..." I think it was planned.

Along with OMG - Outstanding Market Goods. I saw the link along top of the page FFS.
Good marketing idea.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 8/13/2021 at 4:38 PM, JamesE said:

FFS, my S.O. stumbled on this website today: https://fantasticfoodsearch.com/ffsbangkok/map?place with some interesting looking choices from food carts to upscale and, as she likes to say, not too many places with "white people food". It looks like it's just getting started but has several areas around the country. Since there's only two or three more weeks until the pandemic is over by pronouncement, it might be a good resource going forward.

Looks fun. Seems like a curated list sortable by neighborhood. 

Most of the entries were in a few neighborhoods - it didn't update as I moved the map around?