Phuket Sandbox Express Bus to be ended August 16

Thaiger

On the back of the news that the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand has approved airlines to schedule charter flights in and out of Phuket, officials announced that the Sandbox Express Bus set up last week to transport Phuket Sandbox travellers to their exit flights from Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport will be discontinued after August 16. The bus was set up after domestic flights in and out of dark red zones were grounded by government Covid-19 safety orders and some Sandboxers were stuck trying to get to their departing flights from Bangkok’s main airport. It has been running 3 days a […]

The post Phuket Sandbox Express Bus to be ended August 16 appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So, it appears Thai Smile will offer "charter" flights from HKT to BKK, beginning Aug 16th...for 4,330 baht!  

Granted, it allows for 20kg of luggage, but normal flights (without extras) run from 1,190-2,615.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

So, it appears Thai Smile will offer "charter" flights from HKT to BKK, beginning Aug 16th...for 4,330 baht!  

Granted, it allows for 20kg of luggage, but normal flights (without extras) run from 1,190-2,615.

Yes @MrStretch, but this is Thailand, where the value and cost of things - most things - are treated with special care and attention.

Anyone care to advise my best route of travel back into Thailand in September? I live in Buriram, I have a marriage VISA, I have had the vaccine and will be traveling from the USA. I am trying to decide if I should just take a flight directly into BKK or use one of the sandbox methods? And any thoughts on my ability to travel to the village once my quarantine requirements are completed. 

Edited by Freeduhdumb
Grammar correction additional content.

So is anyone able to answer if international flight to the Phuket Sandbox are now operating? Why does the article talk of people wanting to go to Suvarnabhumi to catch their exiting flights? Surely, if they were genuine visitors, they would book a return to and from Phuket? I’m confused !! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soidog said:

So is anyone able to answer if international flight to the Phuket Sandbox are now operating? Why does the article talk of people wanting to go to Suvarnabhumi to catch their exiting flights? Surely, if they were genuine visitors, they would book a return to and from Phuket? I’m confused !! 

Nah, fly into the sandbox, leave Phuket for points north and then fly out of BKK international. I'm planning this exactly. I get crap flights into Phuket but great flights out of BKK. (Assuming, of course, that the whole place doesn't implode in the next couple of months.)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, JamesE said:

Nah, fly into the sandbox, leave Phuket for points north and then fly out of BKK international. I'm planning this exactly. I get crap flights into Phuket but great flights out of BKK. (Assuming, of course, that the whole place doesn't implode in the next couple of months.)

Yes that would be my plan. However, I find arriving at one airport and departing from another tends to push up prices as the carriers don’t regard it as a return flight, but more two one way flights. Ideally I’d fly in to and out of BKK and then hop on a flight to Phuket and 14 days later fly out and head to CM 

6 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Yes that would be my plan. However, I find arriving at one airport and departing from another tends to push up prices as the carriers don’t regard it as a return flight, but more two one way flights. Ideally I’d fly in to and out of BKK and then hop on a flight to Phuket and 14 days later fly out and head to CM 

If you can book it as one itinerary (and better yet use miles) then there's not a penalty. I booked on United's website but I'm flying Lufthansa and Thai (whence my crap flights comment) to HKT and the ANA back from BKK to the US.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Too Mutt! Magic Bus!  (The Who)  :)

Yep! Bingo!

Phuket's could have been theme song.

Every day I get in the queue (Too much, Magic Bus)
To get on the bus that takes me to you (Too much, Magic Bus)
I'm so nervous, I just sit and smile (Too much, Magic Bus)
You house is only another mile (Too much, Magic Bus)
Thank you, driver, for getting me here (Too much, Magic Bus)
You'll be an inspector, have no fear (Too much, Magic Bus)
I don't want to cause no fuss (Too much, Magic Bus)
But can I buy your Magic Bus? (Too much, Magic Bus)
Nooooooooo!
I don't care how much I pay (Too much, Magic Bus)
I wanna drive my bus to my baby each day (Too much, Magic Bus)
I want it, I want it, I want it, I want it ... (You can't have it!)
Thruppence and sixpence every day
Just to drive to my baby
Thruppence and sixpence each day
'Cause I drive my baby every way
Magic Bus, Magic Bus, Magic Bus ...
I said, now I've got my Magic Bus (Too much, Magic Bus)
I drive my baby every way (Too much, Magic Bus)
Each time I go a different way (Too much, Magic Bus)
I want it, i want it, I want it, I want it ...
Every day you'll see the dust (Too much, Magic Bus)
As I drive my baby in my Magic Bus (Too much, Magic Bus)

• Like 2
  • Cool 1

10 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yep! Bingo!

Nooooooooo!
Just to drive to my baby

Yes, what a great tune that was . . . The Who at their best.

3 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Yes, what a great tune that was . . . The Who at their best.

Yep. Proud to say I have also seen them and the show told me why they were on the top. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JamesE said:

The last part of your comment is a fair bet. Good luck.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yep! Bingo!

Nooooooooo!
Just to drive to my baby

Too Mutt (thai karaoke version)

• Haha 2

On 8/13/2021 at 6:45 AM, Soidog said:

I’ve been in Phuket for 10 days already, I still have no good option to get back to CM where my home is. Is land transport my only option still? I know hiring a car and driver costs around 15000 baht which is too expensive 😰😰

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zenq said:

I’ve been in Phuket for 10 days already, I still have no good option to get back to CM where my home is. Is land transport my only option still? I know hiring a car and driver costs around 15000 baht which is too expensive 😰😰

Sorry to read of your Phuket 'incarceration' . . . a more appropriate term than Sandbox, maybe!

And sorry I can't help, too, but there'll be several members who can, including my colleague @Fazwho may well pick-up on this mention. Good luck, anyway and thanks for this, your debut post!

Hello, Zenq and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

6 hours ago, Zenq said:

Thanks for the update on life in the sandbox. I hope you can get your onward travel to CM sorted and cheaper than 15,000 baht. Not to mention the hours and hours of driving 😔😔