Charter flights from Phuket approved by CAAT for Sandboxers

Thaiger

A new chance for travel out of the Phuket Sandbox was just approved as the Civil Aviation Authority of Thailand announced they will allow airlines to schedule charter flights between Phuket to Bangkok. The permission granted comes after Thai Smile petitioned the government to allow a flight on August 14 to assist people who travelled into the Phuket Sandbox, but then found themselves in a bind when Covid-19 flared around the country and partial lockdowns and domestic travel restrictions began to blanket the country. The decision from the CAAT to allow the flight and open the door to other charter […]

The post Charter flights from Phuket approved by CAAT for Sandboxers appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

3 hours ago, Nsfran said:

Interesting, let see if they can get regular charters out of Phuket. Sandboxing in September...hope they get something organized. 

Yes, let's hope so . . . and thanks for this, your debut post!

Hello, Nsfran and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

This whole thing sounds more of a nightmare the more you read about it. About to cancel my December flights. Will come back when the test and rules have gone...

• Like 2

Maybe I’m still not looking at this the wrong way. Why would someone, who flew in to Phuket on an international flight (to my knowledge you still can’t transit via BKK in to Phuket?), and then wish to have a return flight out of the country from BKK???  Why wouldn’t you book a return flight directly in and out of Phuket? What am I missing folks? 

7 hours ago, Hski said:

This whole thing sounds more of a nightmare the more you read about it. About to cancel my December flights. Will come back when the test and rules have gone...

A nightmare, indeed and sorry to hear of the likely delay to your visit. And your debut post, too . . . thanks for that!

Hello, Hski and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

9 hours ago, Hski said:

Which December are you referring to? 555

• Haha 2