Phuket murder suspect charged with attempted rape

Thaiger

Yesterday, Phuket police charged Teerawat Thothip, the 27 year old accused of killing a Swiss tourist, with attempted rape. The commissioner of Provincial Police Region 8, Kitrat Phanphet, says there is enough evidence to substantiate an attempted rape charge against Teerawat. Last Saturday, Teerawat was arrested following the police’s discovery of Nicole Sauvain-Weisskopf’s body 2 days prior. Kitrat says the suspect admitted to sexually assaulting the woman after he saw her by herself at the waterfall. Nicole resisted the assault so Teerawat allegedly drowned her and then covered her body with a plastic sheet. He then took 300 baht from […]

The post Phuket murder suspect charged with attempted rape appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Shocking story, I can’t imagine how her family are feeling and with all the travel restrictions on top of everything else.

My prayers are with her and her extended family ❤️?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

You mean the killer  is a habitual liar?  He said, he was aroused but only robbed her.  Do you think he will confess truthfully,  or just do what criminals do? It's Sad this lady was killed over something  petty, and unnecessary.   

5 hours ago, Shark said:

somebody killed for 300baht... that's a ever lasting low.

Do you think this sort of thing hasn't  happened before?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Lifeboat said:

You mean the killer  is a habitual liar?  He said, he was aroused but only robbed her.  Do you think he will confess truthfully,  or just do what criminals do? It's Sad this lady was killed over something  petty, and unnecessary.   

Its sad that this lady was killed irrespective of whether it was petty or otherwise

Im amazed at how easily thais admit guilt...Just being my observations of thai police and their fumbling and bumbling...I mean if I "WAS" a killer such as this guy, Id deny it and make the cops find me guilty in court.

Just playing devils advocate if I was a bad guy looking at a thai prison...and my exps at how carefree and easily thais seem to lie to me daily.....why would any of them cooperate with the cops, being a "criminal"?

But then again some here in the stated like jail as some of their buddies are in there and 3 hots n a cot...

2 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Im amazed at how easily thais admit guilt

A Thai person.... admitting they were wrong? 

What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

Doesn't happen, probably his confession was forced.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Im amazed at how easily thais admit guilt...Just being my observations of thai police and their fumbling and bumbling..

Clearly you have never been in a police cell here.

When i was in one, 11 years ago, phone call from British embassy, phone brought to the cell, policeman outside with a BIG bamboo stick, telling me to speak nice, not bad.

Now what would have happened if i spoke bad about my situation? Probably been beaten with the Big stick.

Crazy thing was plod who was listening to what i said could not understand English.

Knowing the threat made to me, was Terrawat beaten to get him to confess?

No way i am defending the scum, if he is guilty, he needs beaten damned hard with something, then locked away for life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Clearly you have never been in a police cell here.

When i was in one, 11 years ago, phone call from British embassy, phone brought to the cell, policeman outside with a BIG bamboo stick, telling me to speak nice, not bad.

Now what would have happened if i spoke bad about my situation? Probably been beaten with the Big stick.

Crazy thing was plod who was listening to what i said could not understand English.

Knowing the threat made to me, was Terrawat beaten to get him to confess?

No way i am defending the scum, if he is guilty, he needs beaten damned hard with something, then locked away for life.

Reminds me of the hilarious police interrogation clip from 'Alas Smith and Jones' >