Covid UPDATE Thursday: 147 Covid-related deaths, 22,782 infections

Thaiger

Today the Thai public health department has announced 22,782 new infections, 375 of those from Thai prisons, along with 147 new Covid-related deaths in the past 24 hours. 23,649 patients have been released from hospitals or field hospitals as well. 209,028 patients remain under state care, but 68,335 infected people are in home or community isolation. 5,495 patients are listed in critical condition with 1,103 patents still requiring ventilation. • The NBT has provided the following public service announcement… “When we cannot keep at least 2 meters away from people, wearing masks is still a must-do to protect ourselves and […]

The post Covid UPDATE Thursday: 147 Covid-related deaths, 22,782 infections appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

New record since February in the very much vaccinated Israel, 5755 new cases yesterday. Thailand should consider something else like Ivermectin instead of trying to repeat the same failed recipe. Madness!

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, oldfarang76 said:

where are the provincial totals for the last 2 days???

Fair question. Wednesday's provincial update appears to have missed the boat. Let's watch out for today's (Thurs) update, usually out mid-afternoon.

• Like 1

Is anyone questioning whether or not this punishing economic lockdown is working? Where is the science in the choice of which places to lock down? Tesco is OK, but Home Pro is not. Tesco is ok, but the mom and pop shops out front are not, even though it is a one on one transaction, in the open air?

And speaking of rocket science, you fools are actually contemplating a space program, when you cannot even get it together to set up multiple vaccine center locations, and you cannot even plan sufficiently to have a large enough quantity of vaccines ready for when they are needed? Shame on you. Shame on you for your continued lies, deflections, blame, and labels. You behave like an infant. You are despised to no end. You are hated, disrespected, likely have an approval rating of less than 1%, and have less than zero credibility, just like your creepy boss. 

And the real hypocrisy here is that it is totally uncool with you goons to have a handful of foreigners hanging out having a beer together. But, it is ok for have 5,000 people deliberately crammed into one vaccination center, because you are either too cheap, too stupid, or too lazy to set up multiple centers. They used to blame your continued malfeasance on incompetence. That no longer flies. We know now it is deliberate sabotage of some sort. Nobody really knows why, but no other explanation makes sense anymore.

Housing-the-homeless-1.jpg

Thailand-Pattaya-Chiang-Mai-Phuket-Food-Handouts-Donations-2.jpg

homeless.jpg

• Like 7
  • Cool 1

56 minutes ago, oldfarang76 said:

where are the provincial totals for the last 2 days??? suddenly disappeared! Keeping watch on lived ones in other provinces.

censored??

Far far from being censored. But various news sources simply do not bother to post the provincial totals everyday.

You can typically more reliably find the provincial totals on twitter:  https://mobile.twitter.com/nbtworldnews?lang=en

21 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Fair question. Wednesday's provincial update appears to have missed the boat. Let's watch out for today's (Thurs) update, usually out mid-afternoon.

https://www.facebook.com/prphuket2018
https://www.facebook.com/ChiangmaiPR/

I am sure lots more of the provincial governments has their own sites. Phuket’s numbers are posted the night before anyway, 11th for the 12th for example. 

For those interested, the Sandbox in Phuket has now breached the 104 mark. Higher than a lot of red zone Provence’s.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, oldcpu said:

Far far from being censored. But various news sources simply do not bother to post the provincial totals everyday.

You can typically more reliably find the provincial totals on twitter:  https://mobile.twitter.com/nbtworldnews?lang=en

not true. Thaiger has been posting them daily, in the afternoon, as part of overall numbers given out in the mornings, for at least the last 3 weeks

5 minutes ago, oldfarang76 said:

not true. Thaiger has been posting them daily, in the afternoon, as part of overall numbers given out in the mornings, for at least the last 3 weeks

Except for yesterday and the occasional other days, too. Thaiger News does report them most days, however.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, oldfarang76 said:

Yes, but if you note where the Thaiger gets their data from, you'll notice that they reference NBT as their source.

I don't think the Thaiger does any independent reporting. As far as I'm aware, they mainly translate stories from other news desks. I could be wrong though... does anyone know? Staff are refered to as 'Authors' rather than reporters, so one must assume they aren't working as journalists. https://thethaiger.com/author/tim-newton

Edited by Ubon2530

11 minutes ago, oldfarang76 said:

Not true?  I beg to differ.   The past couple of days proves what I stated. Also, this pandemic goes back further than 3 weeks.

If you want to more reliably find the provincial totals - then go to the site I mentioned. There have been a number of times Thaiger and other news sources, for what ever reason, have not posted the daily provincial totals.

After so many months and so many partial lockdowns, the number of covid infections still increasing in Thailand. The obvious reason for the increase in infections is largely due to low vaccination rate, and majority are vaccinated with low efficacy vaccines like Sinovac

Data from Indonesia and Malaysia have shown that Sinovac have very low efficacy against the Delta variant. These countries already had started switching to Pifzer for their national vaccination programme. 

Although, no vaccine can protect 100% against infection, but high efficacy mRNA vaccine can greatly reduce the need for hospitalisation, and the number of death.

I noticed from Thai news media that the Pifzer vaccines donated by USA will be diluted by 1:6 because it is concentrated. Does it means the USA donated 1.5m × 6 = 9million doses, or 250,000 vials of concentrated  vaccines?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Roland said:

After so many months and so many partial lockdowns, the number of covid infections still increasing in Thailand. The obvious reason for the increase in infections is largely due to low vaccination rate, and majority are vaccinated with low efficacy vaccines like Sinovac

Data from Indonesia and Malaysia have shown that Sinovac have very low efficacy against the Delta variant. These countries already had started switching to Pifzer for their national vaccination programme. 

Although, no vaccine can protect 100% against infection, but high efficacy mRNA vaccine can greatly reduce the need for hospitalisation, and the number of death.

I noticed from Thai news media that the Pifzer vaccines donated by USA will be diluted by 1:6 because it is concentrated. Does it means the USA donated 1.5m × 6 = 9million doses, or 250,000 vials of concentrated  vaccines?

Best ask the US government what they donated. The Thai government would tell lies anyway.

10 minutes ago, gummy said:

Best ask the US government what they donated. The Thai government would tell lies anyway.

... and if you want 'flexible' true statements just ask Fauci.

The Bangkok Post usually release the data on their website around 9am Thai time if you want to see the latest data early. You may ask, "Is that every day?" , The truth is, I don't know, I'm not that desperate to know, and usually can't be bothered, or interested, to check.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Today the Thai public health department has announced 22,782 new infections,

More than it’s neighbour that it was smugly saying it was out performing in the protecting the country against COVID19 front.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/2164299/malaysia-reports-record-21-668-new-coronavirus-cases

Today Malaysia record of 21,688 new cases. I wonder if they are blaming the people from across the border?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AdvocatusDiaboli said:

More than it’s neighbour that it was smugly saying it was out performing in the protecting the country against COVID19 front.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/world/2164299/malaysia-reports-record-21-668-new-coronavirus-cases

Today Malaysia record of 21,688 new cases. I wonder if they are blaming the people from across the border?

Oh good, because, of course, its a competition...........

5 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Oh good, because, of course, its a competition...........

For the Thai Government it always has been

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

New record since February in the very much vaccinated Israel, 5755 new cases yesterday. Thailand should consider something else like Ivermectin instead of trying to repeat the same failed recipe. Madness!

Indeed, like all most vaccinated contries, Gibraltar, Iceland and indeed the US. In the UK yesterday (60% of fully vaccinated): over 26 000 new cases , 104 deaths so pratically the same numbers than Thailand for the same amount of population. Everything opened now in the Uk, locking down in Thailand... try to get some sense out of it.

As for Ivermectin in Thailand. A clinical study is currently being done in Thailand with Ivermectin, I think for 4 months if I remember correctly. So we should hear about the results soon. Also, back in November you could still see on the WHO website for covid treatments for Thailand that they were using Hydroxycholoroquine + Azithromycin as a potocole for early treatment. Not sure if they are still using it, cannot find any recent source. So yes, Thailand are treating their patients early and have from the start of the pandemic, something that has disapeared in the West, where doctors/Gps are not allowed to treat patients anymore, living the health of populations in the hands of the pharmaceutical industry. Adn it is called the "new normal" World.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, JackIsAGoodBoy said:

Yes cases are increasing due to Delta variant. Far fewer (50%) less deaths than when Israel was unvaccinated back in December last year. So vaccines are working then. Great news for us all ??

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Soidog said:

Yes cases are increasing due to Delta variant. Far fewer (50%) less deaths than when Israel was unvaccinated back in December last year. So vaccines are working then. Great news for us all ??

Did you consider the 'dry tinder' effect, when making that statement...

6 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

Is anyone questioning whether or not this punishing economic lockdown is working? Where is the science in the choice of which places to lock down? Tesco is OK, but Home Pro is not. Tesco is ok, but the mom and pop shops out front are not, even though it is a one on one transaction, in the open air?

@dmacarelli I’m not going to question the pain and damage this is all doing to peoples lives. I’m sure there are thousands who will die indirectly from Covid due to the economic impact. Many more will be held back in so many ways. 

The lockdown rationale question is always difficult and open to debate. I guess HomePro stocks non essential items and Tesco stocks food. Tesco is more easily able to police itself in terms of temperature checks, hand wash stations and signage etc. Mom&Pop stores will likely do none of that and sell alcohol with people say on tables outside. I guess you have to either close everything, and I mean everything. Or you have to draw the line somewhere and there will always be those right against the line and unhappy. 

As I’ve said a couple of times before. Who would want it be the one having to make these decisions? I know I wouldn’t. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, BlueSphinx said:

Did you consider the 'dry tinder' effect, when making that statement...

You’d have to explain what you mean by that. I’m aware what dry tinder can do with fire, but I’d need more to comment on the analogy when linked to a virus. 

9 minutes ago, Soidog said:

You’d have to explain what you mean by that. I’m aware what dry tinder can do with fire, but I’d need more to comment on the analogy when linked to a virus. 

It's an expression used to indicate that those at highest risk already succumbed during the first wave, and so it is natural that a 2nd or 3rd wave - even if it is just a severe as the 1st one - makes less casualties.