Kratom legalised, over 8,000 people will have charges cleared

Thaiger

With kratom being removed from the list of illegal narcotics in Thailand officially on August 24, the Office of Narcotics Control Board says charges will be dropped or cleared for over 8,000 people. The ONCB announced that about 1,000 people who had been convicted of use, sale or possession of the plant traditionally used in herbal medicine will have their convictions overturned and purged from their record. Additionally, 6,927 other cases involving kratom between October 1 of last year and August 6 this year where 7,404 people were either indicted, charged or arrested for possession, sale, or use of the […]

The post Kratom legalised, over 8,000 people will have charges cleared appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

For those us - including myself, who don't know what Kratom is, please see below link:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/mitragyna-speciosa

From above article if you don't have time to read it all.

"Traditionally, Kratom has been used an analgesic and a material to reduce fever. It has potential medical use as an alternative for chronic pain and opioid withdrawal self-therapy due to the opioid agonist activity of the major alkaloids in kratom. It is commonly used by workers during physical labour to increase stamina and endurance and as a substitute for opium in Thailand and Malaysia"

I'd be interested in trying it, as an alternative to Rxed medication, but really don't want any psychoactive effects.

Has anyone tried it?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

For those us - including myself, who don't know what Kratom is, please see below link:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/topics/agricultural-and-biological-sciences/mitragyna-speciosa

From above article if you don't have time to read it all.

"Traditionally, Kratom has been used an analgesic and a material to reduce fever. It has potential medical use as an alternative for chronic pain and opioid withdrawal self-therapy due to the opioid agonist activity of the major alkaloids in kratom. It is commonly used by workers during physical labour to increase stamina and endurance and as a substitute for opium in Thailand and Malaysia"

I'd be interested in trying it, as an alternative to Rxed medication, but really don't want any psychoactive effects.

Has anyone tried it?

No haven't tried it, can't comment on that, but I bet it's good for a hangover eh

• Haha 1

Pretty nasty stuff, I ate this garbage wholesale for over 20 years. It is properly addictive, but does work wonders for concentration, relief from heat and fatigue especially if you work outdoors or any physically strenuous job. All great until there is a big storm and the trees lost their leaves and no availability for a few days, queue aching legs, major stress and explosive tempers.

Anyway, good it's supposedly legal now, not a physically harmful narcotic, and no reason whatsoever it was illegal in the 1st place. Neighbor was just bust a couple weeks ago with a kg of leaves he negotiated down to an 8,000B fine so not exactly legal yet!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arni said:

I have tried it, it is like very strong green tea. Makes you sharp like caffeine but without after effects. I like it very much.

a half dozen fresh red veined palm size leaves with your morning coffee, better than powder off a mirror ?

24 minutes ago, Arni said:

Does anyone know where I can buy a kratom plant?

most garden shops have them, although you don't see them on display, ask the staff discreetly. Normally paid around 100B for a sapling. Needs plenty of water so don't plant in a dry place, near your shower outflow is a good place.

edit to add, I stopped growing it because after having tradesmen doing jobs around the house we would always get trespassers on our property come to steal leaves. word gets around where the trees are!

Edited by TopDeadSenter
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

With kratom being removed from the list of illegal narcotics in Thailand officially on August 24, the Office of Narcotics Control Board says charges will be dropped or cleared for over 8,000 people. The ONCB announced that about 1,000 people who had been convicted of use, sale or possession of the plant traditionally used in herbal medicine will have their convictions overturned and purged from their record. Additionally, 6,927 other cases involving kratom between October 1 of last year and August 6 this year where 7,404 people were either indicted, charged or arrested for possession, sale, or use of the […]

The post Kratom legalised, over 8,000 people will have charges cleared appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

If you think about it, how ludicrous was it to ban a plant that has a long history of use as a medicine

How immoral is it to prohibit people responsibly putting things in their own bodies.

And how equally immoral is it to force people to inject themselves with something against their will

Somewhere along the line we forgot we are born free

• Like 2

It is really ridiculous that some people can ban adults from consuming someyhing they never tried themselves. These people want to play big brother and think that makes them heros. This is a kind of prejudice and stupidity.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, ChiangMaiCondo said:

this is Progress of a kind nevertheless; albeit a return to what it was before ... rare good news

Rare good news, indeed, in this your debut post . . . thanks for that!

Hello, ChiangMaiCondo and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TopDeadSenter said:

Pretty nasty stuff, I ate this garbage wholesale for over 20 years. It is properly addictive, but does work wonders for concentration, relief from heat and fatigue especially if you work outdoors or any physically strenuous job. All great until there is a big storm and the trees lost their leaves and no availability for a few days, queue aching legs, major stress and explosive tempers.

Anyway, good it's supposedly legal now, not a physically harmful narcotic, and no reason whatsoever it was illegal in the 1st place. Neighbor was just bust a couple weeks ago with a kg of leaves he negotiated down to an 8,000B fine so not exactly legal yet!

I wouldn't mind trying it just to say I did. But ofcourse only after legal here.

• Haha 1

Just now, Ttalk said:

Anyone have a link to an online shop?  Asking for a friend..................

Buy direct from the grower, it cuts out the middleman

1 hour ago, gummy said:

Buy direct from the grower, it cuts out the middleman

Great idea, if you have a name and number, I would appreciate it! :)

• Haha 1