Press lawsuit to stop police from using rubber bullets rejected

Thaiger

After being injured by rubber bullets police fired at protesters despite being clearly marked as members of the press, a journalist with Plus Seven and a photographer from The Matter filed a lawsuit against the police. Now the Civil Court has responded, throwing out their petition to stop police from using rubber bullets as part of crowd control during protests. When they filed suit Friday, the courts immediately dismissed charges against individual officers who are protected under a qualified immunity style law and denied an injunction against police using any force in protests. But they did allow the lawsuit against […]

The post Press lawsuit to stop police from using rubber bullets rejected appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I’m in favor of the qualified immunity style law  for police !

I’m for using Rubber bullets too, as opposed to the old enforcement methods of using real ammunition !

The media involvement has to be scrutinized! There are some cases during protests around the world that activist use  press emblems to escape enforcement methods.

A good protest is always welcomed but when the mayhem starts the bad guys have to enforce the law period! If your  in harms way and been told to move or back down,you must adhere or else.

• Like 1

A good protest is always welcomed but when the mayhem starts the bad guys have to enforce the law period! If your  in harms way and been told to move or back down,you must adhere or else.

A very apt statement !

• Thanks 1

hard to believe this ruling especially as they threw out the government rights to implement and stop the freedom to express as it might frighten people ?? yet allows rubber bullets that would cause harm amazing thailand

13 minutes ago, harry1 said:

hard to believe this ruling especially as they threw out the government rights to implement and stop the freedom to express as it might frighten people ?? yet allows rubber bullets that would cause harm amazing thailand

Whist they may censure the PM they know without him and somebody else in his place their gravy train will continue. However with a breakdown of law and order bringing an end to the corrupt feudal system of control here they know their own days would be numbered in a fair society. So I am not surprised at all that they hope bombarding innocent bystanders with rubber bullets will deter that from happening.

8 minutes ago, gummy said:

Whist they may censure the PM they know without him and somebody else in his place their gravy train will continue. However with a breakdown of law and order bringing an end to the corrupt feudal system of control here they know their own days would be numbered in a fair society. So I am not surprised at all that they hope bombarding innocent bystanders with rubber bullets will deter that from happening.

Apart, of course, from the ones hurling rocks, ping pong bombs, traffic cones and anything else that comes to hand yes. Oh, and the ones setting fires at will, in Police boxes.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Apart, of course, from the ones hurling rocks, ping pong bombs, traffic cones and anything else that comes to hand yes. Oh, and the ones setting fires at will, in Police boxes.

I consider the media as the innocent bystanders which I clearly stated in my post. Or can you show any clips to indicate that it was them ( the media)  throwing rocks etc ?

11 minutes ago, gummy said:

I consider the media as the innocent bystanders which I clearly stated in my post. Or can you show any clips to indicate that it was them ( the media)  throwing rocks etc ?

Really? You havent seen them in action winding up the 'protestors' to commit their crimes? Why do you think they're always at the front? Don't tell me - they're all intrepid and brave.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Really? You havent seen them in action winding up the 'protestors' to commit their crimes? Why do you think they're always at the front? Don't tell me - they're all intrepid and brave.

So you have no evidence to show them throwing rocks, just stupid comments.

13 minutes ago, Poolie said:

Plenty of clips on Khaosod, mainly featuring their own intrepid reporters!

• Cool 1