China bans illegal content in karaoke songs, criteria proves troublesome for venue owners

Thaiger

China’s Ministry of Culture and Tourism announced that it is planning to ban karaoke songs that have “illegal content”. The illegal content criteria include songs that “endanger national unity”, sovereignty or territorial integrity. People/companies that provide content to karaoke venues are urged to check the songs they are offering and report to the ministry any songs that are possibly harmful. The song-banning is set to come into effect on October 1. In addition to songs that could crumble the fabric of society i.e., national unity, or threaten its freedom, or the head-scratching “territorial integrity”, China is also putting the kibosh […]

The post China bans illegal content in karaoke songs, criteria proves troublesome for venue owners appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Haha love the tongue and cheek reporting and subtle mockery. Guess I won't be singing along to my favorite Chinese songs - 'We're Uighur In This Together', 'I'm In Love With My Tank (In Tiananmen Square)' and 'Its A Debt Trap' any more. Thats a shame. 

• Like 2

I would have figured this is already a given. The not given is when they will crack the heads cracking down. We can already see the can’t do this and can’t do that here. 

4 hours ago, Ldiablo22 said:

China is ridiculous and their population is ridiculous for putting up with the bs.

They put up with it because they are getting wealthier by the day.  Their standard of living has greatly increased.  They have accepted their roles as submissives in a censored society. The question is will the Western populations accept the same because that is exactly where things are headed.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1