Health Ministry starts distribution of Pfizer

Thaiger

Yesterday, the Public Health Ministry started its distribution of 645,000 Pfizer doses that were donated by the U.S. of A’s government to those considered most vulnerable in the 13 dark red zone provinces. The groups that are deemed vulnerable include the elderly, and people who have 1 or more of 7 underlying diseases, and pregnant women, says Dr Chawetsan Namwat, director of emergencies, health hazards and diseases at the Department of Disease Control at a press conference on Monday. The 13 dark red zone provinces are: Bangkok Chachoengsao Chon Buri Nakhon Pathom Nonthaburi Narathiwat Pathum Thani Pattani Ayutthaya Yala Songkhla […]

The post Health Ministry starts distribution of Pfizer appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

pfizer vaccine, is a mRna vaccine ( can we call this, a vaccine anymore ? ).
vaccines not protect any people, get sick, and to get virus and give to next person.
still have weak mask, lockdown, with travel and gathering restrictions or bans,
"in world" not really end. must be a good product. can i have 2 or 3 ? :)

Well that's the army partially vaccinated then !

Aren't there 29 dark red provinces now ? Or are there dark red and really dark red categories now ?

1 hour ago, think-and-ask said:

pfizer vaccine, is a mRna vaccine ( can we call this, a vaccine anymore ? ).
vaccines not protect any people, get sick, and to get virus and give to next person.
still have weak mask, lockdown, with travel and gathering restrictions or bans,
"in world" not really end. must be a good product. can i have 2 or 3 ? :)

Give it over with your "can we call it a vaccine" rhetoric.  

"noun - a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease."

That is what these compounds do.  There is no vaccine that protects people from getting sick, they are designed to promote the body's defense systems so that degree of illness is mitigated, sometimes to zero effect, if we're lucky.

You can have 2 and 3, but for god's sake, stop whining about the vaccines that actually do what they are designed to do, and are better than anything you have thought up with until now.

I'll take the shot and increase my chances of surviving the damned virus if I do catch it, thank you.

• Like 6

why only dark zones, they already do the dark zone bangkok for months and does it work? NO, they wasting once again vaccines, so tired of it, other places do not get ANYTHING at all, hospitals here have no idea or we will ever get, while this clown, trying to do like he is so good but in fact a he has an IQ of -10000 with all what he says and lies continuously... other people not getting anything hospitals are not informed and they leave this clown in control of donated vaccines? ... many other people have underlying issues, only dark red zone get them, what is the reason?????? it does not help to many problems in the red zone and in the mean time smaller places get infected because they do not get a vaccine and get infected because of the RED ZONe... MR health.... clown... how you ever got so far..... let me guess CORR....

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrStretch said:

Give it over with your "can we call it a vaccine" rhetoric.  

"noun - a substance used to stimulate the production of antibodies and provide immunity against one or several diseases, prepared from the causative agent of a disease, its products, or a synthetic substitute, treated to act as an antigen without inducing the disease."

That is what these compounds do.  There is no vaccine that protects people from getting sick, they are designed to promote the body's defense systems so that degree of illness is mitigated, sometimes to zero effect, if we're lucky.

You can have 2 and 3, but for god's sake, stop whining about the vaccines that actually do what they are designed to do, and are better than anything you have thought up with until now.

I'll take the shot and increase my chances of surviving the damned virus if I do catch it, thank you.

Well said.

Nearly 85% of adults in the UK have had one dose and around 75% have had two doses of the vaccine including the Pfizer vaccine.

What it has shown is it has not really stopped the number of people being infected, but it has protected most infected people from death and serious illness, plus the number of people having to have hospital treatment and/or use ventilators has seriously been cut.

This is very practical proof as hundreds of million of these vaccines have been used and to me these vaccines are worth their weighting in gold and well worth using on a mass scale.

A large proportion of the deaths and serious illness causes by the virus in the UK now are from the group of people who have not yet taken up the vaccine by choice when they could/should have.

Edited by JamesR
auto spellchecker breach
  • Like 4

13 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Well said.

Nearly 85% of adults in the UK have had one dose and around 75% have had two doses of the vaccine including the Pfizer vaccine.

What it has shown is it has not really stopped the number of people being infected, but it has protected most infected people from death and serious illness, plus the number of people having to have hospital treatment and/or use ventilators has seriously been cut.

This is very practical proof as hundreds of million of these vaccines have been used and to me these vaccines are worth their weighting in gold and well worth using on a mass scale.

A large proportion of the deaths and serious illness causes by the virus in the UK now are from the group of people who have not yet taken up the vaccine by choice when they could/should have.

+1

The situation you describe allows is to live with Covid.

The number of infections becomes irrelevant if the vulnerable have been vaccinated/protected and vaccination limits the affects of Covid.

The number of deaths is the acid test.... 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chaimai said:

+1

The situation you describe allows is to live with Covid.

The number of infections becomes irrelevant if the vulnerable have been vaccinated/protected and vaccination limits the affects of Covid.

The number of deaths is the acid test.... 

You have said more or less the same as I have said except it is the number of deaths, serious infections causing permanent damage and serious hospitalisations which is the real acid test. 

• Like 2

Where is the Pfizer vaccine slot out of 150,000 for the about 30,000 registered foreigners in Thailand who registered at the expatvac@consular.go.th and received email confirmation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand. Farangs in Thailand are waiting. My hospital upcountry will receive a few thousand Pfizer vaccines for its health workers out of this slot and I belong to those about 3,000 Farangs with underlying disease and over 65 years, so why is my 1st. Pfizer vaccine shot not delivered together to my hospital, where I am treated for my underlying disease? It must be very easy to deliver the first 30.000 or 3,000 Pfizer shots for registered Farangs. It has almost been 2 weeks and no email appointment yet received. Any idea or info about that? Thank you.

Pfizer Vaccineation Confirmation 2.8.2021.jpg

3 minutes ago, Thomas.Thailand said:

Where is the Pfizer vaccine slot out of 150,000 for the about 30,000 registered foreigners in Thailand who registered at the expatvac@consular.go.th and received email confirmation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Thailand. Farangs in Thailand are waiting. My hospital upcountry will receive a few thousand Pfizer vaccines for its health workers out of this slot and I belong to those about 3,000 Farangs with underlying disease and over 65 years, so why is my 1st. Pfizer vaccine shot not delivered together to my hospital, where I am treated for my underlying disease? It must be very easy to deliver the first 30.000 or 3,000 Pfizer shots for registered Farangs. It has almost been 2 weeks and no email appointment yet received. Any idea or info about that? Thank you.

Pfizer Vaccineation Confirmation 2.8.2021.jpg

I am not being rude, I say this as things written on such forums can be misinterpreted sometimes. 

But why do people in Thailand believe what the government is saying when it says this or that vaccine is on the way and then a few weeks later it has been delayed and this is the pattern for months.

A Thai friend of mine near Surat Thani in the south said her vaccine appointment has been delayed a number of times and she will now get the first vaccine which will be the Chinese version and the second one will be the Astra Zeneca.

I asked her how much does AZ cost and she said from a main hospital about 1900 baht, does anyone know if this is true?

I suspect if it was true all the farangs in Thailand would be knocking at the doors to get one.

But she is going to check and if possible go get the AZ vaccine times two. 

15 minutes ago, Thomas.Thailand said:

Pfizer vaccine shot not delivered together to my hospital, where I am treated for my underlying disease? It must be very easy to deliver the first 30.000 or 3,000 Pfizer shots for registered Farangs. It has almost been 2 weeks and no email appointment yet received. Any idea or info about that? Thank you.

I hope you get your Pfizer vaccine shot very very soon.

I do note that Pfizer because of its incredibly cold storage requirements is much harder to transport and to store than other vaccines.  I speculate that might be a factor in slowing down its distribution outside of Bangkok.

That is my speculation - and again - I hope you get your Pfizer shot ASAP.