Only 6.7% of Thai population fully vaccinated, over 23% have received 1 dose

Thaiger

Can't find the thread Soidog but early on one of the Covid Conspirators swore Margaret Keenan was not the 1st to be given the Covid jab. I might be wrong but I think they tried to tell us it was a russian given the Sputnik jab. Anyway Ok so i was 3 Month's out. I prefer to use the Elastoplast theory, it goes if you have a cut it bleeds, if you don't cover it with an Elastoplast it will carry on Bleeding, covered eventually the blood will stop and there is a chance of not getting an infection.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, vlad said:

oldcpu if you think Sinovac is helping it is not. Thats why most Country's at least western country's have refused to use it and others have not even give it a licence but surprise surprise the Thai government have bought it because its cheap and ineffective against the Delta Variant. Even there chief scientist have wrote it off as no no. Do you fully understand why herd immunity is essential oldcpu or you still in the belief the PM is on course for mass vaccine's. I'll give you a clue in the UK  our hospital figures are dropping daily. Thailand's are rising daily.

Vlad, frankly speaking, China could have a vaccine with 95% efficacy and the west would say it's worthless. There is massive political axe grinding by both sides during this pandemic.

As for herd immunity, we all want to see it. I just don't think it will happen, at least not any time soon. Perhaps never.

Regardless of the vaccines efficacies, I believe eventually we all will be infected at one time or another.

My hope is the vaccines, better medicines, healthy food eating, and good fitness will help us through this.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, oldcpu said:

Vlad, frankly speaking, China could have a vaccine with 95% efficacy and the west would say it's worthless. There is massive political axe grinding by both sides during this pandemic.

As for herd immunity, we all want to see it. I just don't think it will happen, at least not any time soon. Perhaps never.

Regardless of the vaccines efficacies, I believe eventually we all will be infected at one time or another.

My hope is the vaccines, better medicines, healthy food eating, and good fitness will help us through this.

You just don't understand oldcpu so i will explain it again so you do understand. Even if I have 100% vaccination I can still get infected by Covid and I can Transmit it to others. Covid will never be Eradicated as Flu will never be Eradicated. So you need to be protected from the potential risk of being taken to Hospital. The vaccine will more likely prevent this but you can still be infected. As for Herd immunity look at it this way, if a small Fire starts in your House the 1st things you do is to close the door in that room to stop or slow down the fire from spreading to other parts of your house. People are being infected due to being close to other people who are infected. So if you prevent people from being close to others it will slow down the spread like the door closing in your home to contain the spread of the fire. This can only be achieved from distancing people from other people, until the fire brigade arrives and puts out the fire, ie the fire is the Covid the fireman is the vaccine.

17 minutes ago, vlad said:

You just don't understand oldcpu so i will explain it again so you do understand. Even if I have 100% vaccination I can still get infected by Covid and I can Transmit it to others. Covid will never be Eradicated as Flu will never be Eradicated. So you need to be protected from the potential risk of being taken to Hospital. The vaccine will more likely prevent this but you can still be infected. As for Herd immunity look at it this way, if a small Fire starts in your House the 1st things you do is to close the door in that room to stop or slow down the fire from spreading to other parts of your house. People are being infected due to being close to other people who are infected. So if you prevent people from being close to others it will slow down the spread like the door closing in your home to contain the spread of the fire. This can only be achieved from distancing people from other people, until the fire brigade arrives and puts out the fire, ie the fire is the Covid the fireman is the vaccine.

I dont understand. I doubt anybody does, quite frankly.

• Cool 1

2 minutes ago, Poolie said:

I dont understand. I doubt anybody does, quite frankly.

Its Obvious Poolie inoculate the entire Population, lock down for six weeks to slow down the infection rate. Don't even think about allowing people into the Country.  

• Cool 1

35 minutes ago, vlad said:

You just don't understand oldcpu so i will explain it again so you do understand. Even if I have 100% vaccination I can still get infected by Covid and I can Transmit it to others. Covid will never be Eradicated as Flu will never be Eradicated. So you need to be protected from the potential risk of being taken to Hospital. The vaccine will more likely prevent this but you can still be infected.

Thats 100% consistent with what I stated.

35 minutes ago, vlad said:

As for Herd immunity look at it this way

IMHO herd immunity will NOT be reached - or if it can be I don't see how.

There are a number of reasons for this ... Even if everyone was vaccinated, the pandemic can still spread amongst people.

Further there are many known cases of animals catching the virus ...  will they then be able to spread it back to humans?   I bet they will.  Will we vaccinate every animal in the world, and even if we could, we both know the vaccinations don't stop the spread of the virus.

Honestly, I don't think you 100% understand ... or maybe we are on the same page and they way the other person expresses themselves makes us think we are on different pages.

14 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Thats 100% consistent with what I stated.

IMHO herd immunity will NOT be reached - or if it can be I don't see how.

There are a number of reasons for this ... Even if everyone was vaccinated, the pandemic can still spread amongst people.

Further there are many known cases of animals catching the virus ...  will they then be able to spread it back to humans?   I bet they will.  Will we vaccinate every animal in the world, and even if we could, we both know the vaccinations don't stop the spread of the virus.

Honestly, I don't think you 100% understand ... or maybe we are on the same page and they way the other person expresses themselves makes us think we are on different pages.

Once you start thinking Animals are spreading the virus its time you joined the Covid corner thread. What part of the thread did you not read ffs i told you anyone vaccinated CAN still be infected. 

2 minutes ago, vlad said:

Once you start thinking Animals are spreading the virus its time you joined the Covid corner thread. What part of the thread did you not read ffs i told you anyone vaccinated CAN still be infected. 

What part of the thread did you read where I stated anyone vaccinated can not still be infected?

As for animals, from where do you think the virus originated?  From a lab?