Thai soldier who bragged about getting Pfizer vaccine says he’s a nurse

Thaiger

A Thai army sergeant who announced he’d received a dose of the Pfizer Covid-19 vaccine has sparked temporary outrage on social media. Noppadon Maneechan, who is based in the north-eastern province of Loei, has had to defend his reputation and refute claims that Pfizer doses have been secretly administered to the military ahead of healthcare workers and high-risk members of the public. Noppadon has responded to netizens’ outrage, posting on social media to explain that he works as a nurse and is therefore eligible for a dose of the Pfizer vaccine, as per government policy. Thailand recently took delivery of […]

The post Thai soldier who bragged about getting Pfizer vaccine says he’s a nurse appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It seems to me that he is guilty of using family connections first to be registered for Moderna and then to get Pfizer. If his exposure to Covid positive patients was extensive enough he would have been automatically allocated Pfizer had he had two doses of Sinovac. He does not present an edifying image of himself or the military, but then again it is not possible to present an edifying image of anyone in the military.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Pompies said:

It seems to me that he is guilty of using family connections first to be registered for Moderna and then to get Pfizer. If his exposure to Covid positive patients was extensive enough he would have been automatically allocated Pfizer had he had two doses of Sinovac. He does not present an edifying image of himself or the military, but then again it is not possible to present an edifying image of anyone in the military.

He's as entitled to register for Moderna as anyone else.

The hospital he apparently works in, though, is a military hospital on a military base, not a civilian hospital.

While it's impossible to say whether he deals with military Covid patients or not, civilan staff at civilian hospitals in Loei have not been vaccinated with Pfizer yet, nor have high risk civilians already registered, some of whom are still waiting for an appointment for their first dose of anything.

Don't worry, as everything in Thailand happens very inconveniently, it must be that around this week, we need to get our vaccine, now that my passport is with my embassy to be renewed. 

How was this soldier able to cancel his Moderna jab and reapply for the Phizer in NO TIME. For Thai people as well as Expats and foreigner's, if you applied for a vaccine appointment on the government website, you received your bookings and get whatever the vaccine is available. Point is, if you apply again for a different jab, you original appointment is cancelled, as well as you cannot make any other online appointments again. You go to hospital and apply. 

How was he able to cancel his original appointment and get his wish. 

The US Government needs to have transparency and paper trails in their donations, or no more.! 

• Like 1

Lol ? ppl are jelous and beg to be injected out of fear, he feels safe now ?

They forgot to tell him his vaxxenes ain't working and lasts for few months if u lucky then immunity wears down to 0 within 6 months. 

Bet he shits his pants cuz covid waiting to kill him any moment. ?

Luck man got Pfizer ???

Here's real nurse hero

IMG_20210813_150852_804.thumb.jpg.a8edff193936f4461d53947319a6092b.jpg

On 8/10/2021 at 1:48 PM, riclag said:

The thought did occur to me that family members of people who have access to the supply could get creative in distributing them

This is the normal way of doing things here.  We find it much easier to get treatment appointments, medicine, etc. for my MiL because her daughter works at the hospital as a nurses's aide.  But there's not vaccinations to be distributed, yet.

38 minutes ago, Anhlam78 said:

How was he able to cancel his original appointment and get his wish

I don't think he actually did.  I think it was just rhetoric.  My wife was notified she can get the Sinopharm in two weeks, yet she is registered for, and hasn't canceled her Moderna reservation for later in the year...yet.

Edited by MrStretch
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Anhlam78 said:

How was this soldier able to cancel his Moderna jab and reapply for the Phizer in NO TIME. For Thai people as well as Expats and foreigner's, if you applied for a vaccine appointment on the government website, you received your bookings and get whatever the vaccine is available. Point is, if you apply again for a different jab, you original appointment is cancelled, as well as you cannot make any other online appointments again. You go to hospital and apply. 

How was he able to cancel his original appointment and get his wish. 

The US Government needs to have transparency and paper trails in their donations, or no more.! 

No Moderna jabs have ever been available through government sources, so your point's moot - he simply cancelled his privately booked Moderna jab as he didn't need it as he was offered a government Pfizer jab.

One's private, one's government.

• Cool 1