US tells citizens to avoid travel to Thailand, upgrades country to highest warning level

Thaiger

56 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

Slip sliding away!.....go baby go!

Really? Over the past few days the baht has strengthened from $US33.4 to $US33 and £46.4 to £45.6. It makes no sense to me how these things work. But somehow the baht has gained 0.5%-1.4%

Anyone care to advise the current best route of travel back into Thailand in September? I live in Buriram, I have a marriage VISA, I have had the vaccine and will be traveling from the USA. I am trying to decide if I should just take a flight directly into BKK and quarantine there or use one of the sandbox methods? And any thoughts on the ability to travel to the village once the quarantine requirements are completed from either Samui/Phuket/BKK.  Thanks for any replies.

15 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Anyone care to advise the current best route of travel back into Thailand in September? I live in Buriram, I have a marriage VISA, I have had the vaccine and will be traveling from the USA. I am trying to decide if I should just take a flight directly into BKK and quarantine there or use one of the sandbox methods? And any thoughts on the ability to travel to the village once the quarantine requirements are completed from either Samui/Phuket/BKK.  Thanks for any replies.

I know this won't be of much help but the rules and conditions for entry today may well have changed by September given this governments incompetence and  proclivity to change their minds

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

I know this won't be of much help but the rules and conditions for entry today may well have changed by September given this governments incompetence and  proclivity to change their minds

Yeah... good point. I suppose I am just looking for current conditions and I will have to anticipate as best I can. 

1 hour ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Yeah... good point. I suppose I am just looking for current conditions and I will have to anticipate as best I can. 

That's the worry for you, never know what to expect until after you have paid for tickets etc