Political activist “Penguin” back in prison ahead of large protest tomorrow

Thaiger

6 minutes ago, harry1 said:

how can self acclaimed tough army generals, be so afraid of one boys voice,man up, and take the flak

They aren't. They're wary of him becoming a martyr.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, AlexPTY said:

He can use some jail diet. All this pro-democracy movement in Thailand is really pathetic

Pro democracy pathetic? Maybe you'd be happier in Cuba then

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, NumbNut said:

Pro democracy pathetic? Maybe you'd be happier in Cuba then

i lived there, was awesome, still love it here under a junta rule. i like to be told what to do

22 hours ago, Poolie said:

The Dalai Lama mixed freely with the Nazis during the 40's. I dont think the Chinese hold that against him, after all it wasn't their fight. It does however bring in to question your assertion that 'he's a good man.'

He was born in 1935, in Tibet, to a farming family that lived miles out in the sticks.

He was identified as the re-incarnation of the Dalai Lama when he was two when he was taken to Kumbun Monastery, and he was then taken to Lhasa when he was four in 1939, then to the Potala Palace in 1940 when he was five, then to the Jokhang Temple for his education, staying there or in the Norbulingka (the Lama's summer palace in Lhasa) until he was made temporal leader of Tibet in 1950 at fifteen.

When and where, exactly, did he "mix freely with the Nazis during the '40s" ?

• Like 1