Bangkok Covid-19 focus: vaccine, medication, treatment plan

Thaiger

2 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Please explain how I am being naïve or out of touch, when I stated that the Junta Govt's arrogance and incompetence is the reason for not enough people being vaccinated. 

I wasn't taking it out  of context - that was the only part I disagreed with.

You're being naive or out of touch because the reason not enough people have been vaccinated has nothing to do with "arrogance or incompetence".

How difficult is it to buy something when it's readily available if you have the money (and Thailand has the money), and you're even offered six million doses a month and you turn it down and say you only want half that?

That  can't be excused by "arrogance or incompetence" - that just doesn't wash.  

The reason is simply that those responsible put self-interest above the national interest - that isn't incompetence, and the only arrogance involved was thinking no-one would or could object.

• Cool 1

14 hours ago, Stonker said:

I wasn't taking it out  of context - that was the only part I disagreed with.

You're being naive or out of touch because the reason not enough people have been vaccinated has nothing to do with "arrogance or incompetence".

How difficult is it to buy something when it's readily available if you have the money (and Thailand has the money), and you're even offered six million doses a month and you turn it down and say you only want half that?

That  can't be excused by "arrogance or incompetence" - that just doesn't wash.  

The reason is simply that those responsible put self-interest above the national interest - that isn't incompetence, and the only arrogance involved was thinking no-one would or could object.

Sounds like we are in 'violent agreement'. Those reasons you mentioned are exactly what I have said many times - and they did those things because they are incompetent and arrogant. 

10 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Sounds like we are in 'violent agreement'. Those reasons you mentioned are exactly what I have said many times - and they did those things because they are incompetent and arrogant. 

Sorry, but on this we couldn't disagree more or be further apart.

I don't believe for a second that the reason the vaccination purchase and rollout was fouled up so badly had anything to do with arrogance and incompetence at all - it was purely down to self-interest, nothing else.

Of course those involved are arrogant - it comes with the territory and decades if not a lifetime of being treated as and told they're "special".  There's nothing necessarily wrong with that per se.  None of them are going to win Miss Congeniality but while arrogance as a trait may not win friends (tell me about it!), as long as you make the right decisions no-one cares and you'll be followed to the ends of the earth - look at Montgomery and Patton.

I don't believe there was any incompetence involved at all, as I'm absolutely sure all involved knew exactly what they were doing and the risks they were taking with people's lives, the economy and the country but they simply didn't and don't care.

We'll just have to disagree on this one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stonker said:

Of course those involved are arrogant - it comes with the territory and decades if not a lifetime of being treated as and told they're "special".  There's nothing necessarily wrong with that per se.  None of them are going to win Miss Congeniality but while arrogance as a trait may not win friends (tell me about it!), as long as you make the right decisions no-one cares and you'll be followed to the ends of the earth - look at Montgomery and Patton.

Post of the day, here, unless you've got more up your sleeve. An excellent dinner-time read . . . thanks, Stonker!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Jackson said:

End of August is near. Does anybody know if this goal for Bangkok is going well? What is the status on percent of Bangkok population?

Hi, @Jackson! Sorry not to have complete answers to your 'Bangkok status' question, Google has come up with this fairly relevant info, as cut from the Straits Times website . . .

While nearly 70 per cent of residents in Bangkok have received their first shot, only about 21 per cent of the population nationwide have got their first jabs, Health Ministry data showed.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailand-braces-for-new-covid-19-clusters-as-delta-spreads-wider

That piece was dated 6 Aug, but you can safely assume that the fully vaccinated figure will be vastly lower than that 'first shot' stat. I hope it gives you some picture and maybe Googling will help you further.

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, King Cotton said:

Hi, @Jackson! Sorry not to have complete answers to your 'Bangkok status' question, Google has come up with this fairly relevant info, as cut from the Straits Times website . . .

While nearly 70 per cent of residents in Bangkok have received their first shot, only about 21 per cent of the population nationwide have got their first jabs, Health Ministry data showed.

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/thailand-braces-for-new-covid-19-clusters-as-delta-spreads-wider

That piece was dated 6 Aug, but you can safely assume that the fully vaccinated figure will be vastly lower than that 'first shot' stat. I hope it gives you some picture and maybe Googling will help you further.

Thanks!