Bangkok Covid-19 focus: vaccine, medication, treatment plan

Thaiger

Vaccination and Covid-19 treatment are pushing forward in Bangkok as the governor stated that he is confident that by the end of August 70% of the population in the city will have at least the first dose of a vaccine. The statement came as Bangkok Governor Assawin Kwanmuang visited a vaccine centre at the Bang Khae branch of The Mall today. The Ministry of Health has earmarked 750,000 vaccines for Bangkok City Hall, which have received 175,000 of them so far, and have set up 25 vaccination centres outside of hospitals and medical facilities to help push for faster vaccination. […]

The post Bangkok Covid-19 focus: vaccine, medication, treatment plan appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

No where near "out of the woods" yet, per

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/07/study-2-covid-vaccine-doses-much-more-effective-1-against-delta

Low protection after 1 dose

One dose of either vaccine conferred much lower protection against Delta than Alpha (30.7% and 48.7%, respectively, for both vaccines; difference, 11.9 percentage points with Pfizer, 18.7 with AstraZeneca).

Basis for my supposition and the associated skepticism,

In a display of just how far you can fall, Thailand, once ranked as one of the top countries in the world for Covid-19 handling is now almost at the bottom of the rankings, number 118 out of 120. The Nikkei Asia Covid-19 recovery index calculated data from 120 countries worldwide and ranked Thailand third from last

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DiggR said:

No where near "out of the woods" yet, per

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-perspective/2021/07/study-2-covid-vaccine-doses-much-more-effective-1-against-delta

One dose of either vaccine conferred much lower protection against Delta than Alpha (30.7% and 48.7%, respectively, for both vaccines; difference, 11.9 percentage points with Pfizer, 18.7 with AstraZeneca).

Basis for my supposition and the associated skepticism,

In a display of just how far you can fall, Thailand, once ranked as one of the top countries in the world for Covid-19 handling is now almost at the bottom of the rankings, number 118 out of 120. The Nikkei Asia Covid-19 recovery index calculated data from 120 countries worldwide and ranked Thailand third from last

Many things in Thailand have been and will continue to come crashing down.  What has happened in Thailand regarding Covid is clear - the false façade and inherent bravado has caused reality to bite hard, and bite hard it is doing.  Tourism and Exports were already crumbling before Covid, and now they are also falling more and more.  Reality is a bitch - and right now Thailand is feeling her scorn. And there is a long way to go before she clams down, and I fear in her wake that Thailand will be like a seaside town after a tsunami.   

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DiggR said:

Let's remember that Thailand has not used AZ or Pfizer as the primary vaccines from early on. Sinovac has been heavily relied upon. I agree the Nikkei report was quite a shock. Thailand joint 120 at the very bottom.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Artemis080 said:

Let's remember that Thailand has not used AZ or Pfizer as the primary vaccines from early on. Sinovac has been heavily relied upon. I agree the Nikkei report was quite a shock. Thailand joint 120 at the very bottom.

Yep - and that is why this thing aint over in Thailand by a long way. Not only did they not vaccinate enough people because of arrogance and incompetence, but they gave the majority the Sino made Vacs.  Besides all the Expat complainst in Thailand, one reason our Govts have suddenly given Thailand good vaccines for their Expats, is because they dont want all the complications from many Expats getting Covid in a country that has given them the least viable vaccines - that have not been approved in the west.   

• Like 3

"Those whose appointments were cancelled because of that vaccine shortage in Bangkok will be rescheduled and received the AstraZeneca vaccine at a later date."

Who writes this trash? Using the Future tense with a past tense verb is so 5th grade. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Ldiablo22 said:

"Those whose appointments were cancelled because of that vaccine shortage in Bangkok will be rescheduled and received the AstraZeneca vaccine at a later date."

Who writes this trash? Using the Future tense with a past tense verb is so 5th grade. 

Oh dear, another Lance Corporal in the "Charge of the Grammer Brigade"

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

I dont even know what he means so no problem to me 

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

Grammar, thank you, and proper use of one's language isn't too much to ask, is it?

• Cool 1

I’m going to hope for the best. If they figured the end of august, then it’s more likely the end of October. Means they can fully open BKK for the start of high season. There are a lot of poor people who could really be helped from that. Personally I’d still wait another month or two these things often take some time to shake out. I’m planning to return right after Christmas. Fingers crossed. 

9 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

Grammar, thank you, and proper use of one's language isn't too much to ask, is it?

That counts me out then

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, gummy said:

To Correct and Serve 

grammar police.jpg

'Under doctor supervision, asymptomatic patients will receive that Fah Talai Jone herbal medicine while those with mild symptoms will be given Favipiravir'

May as well give them M&M's!... Why do these miracle drugs only work on mild symptoms or asymptomatic people that will recover! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

So you assume then that the English Language is everybody's 1st language on here do you ? However one explanation may be that the author of the article was an American which may go some way to explain why in your opinion it was not grammatically correct.

48 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

You don’t need an apostrophe in ‘one’s’ - just saying like 

(and the comma after ‘ask’ is questionable 

Carry on ….

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Benroon said:

You don’t need an apostrophe in ‘one’s’ - just saying like 

Try Googling that and you'll find that the grammar 'authorities' say otherwise.

• Like 1

Plan? They’re still trying to build the plane in the air. Their only “plan” is to save themselves and those who keep them in power.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

'Under doctor supervision, asymptomatic patients will receive that Fah Talai Jone herbal medicine

So sad that this is the “excellent top notch SE Asia medical hub’s” recommendation for Covid, non-FDA approved mumbo jumbo voodoo herbal pills. 

Why not just douse down frog blood with Ya-Dong??

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, gummy said:

So you assume then that the English Language is everybody's 1st language on here do you ?

Calm down, @gummy!

Did @MrStretch express that assumption? Certainly not as I read his comment.

Avoid being so confrontational, please, since that can result in nothing worthwhile.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ldiablo22 said:

Listen to these Covid briefings:  MFA Thailand Channel - YouTube

Even highly educated Thais struggle speaking English - and Expats are even worse when speaking Thai (most).

1 hour ago, EdwardV said:

I’m going to hope for the best. If they figured the end of august, then it’s more likely the end of October. Means they can fully open BKK for the start of high season. There are a lot of poor people who could really be helped from that. Personally I’d still wait another month or two these things often take some time to shake out. I’m planning to return right after Christmas. Fingers crossed. 

Aint gonna happen @EdwardV  People from the other Provinces will flood into Bangkok if they open up to tourists - and off it will go again.  No - until the whole of Thailkand is vaccinated, ands the dailt cases get back down to what they were pre-April, only 'sandbox' type places will be opened. Bangkok is too porous to even think about keeping the unvaccinated and untested out.  

But like you said - after Xmas/New Year - about 3-4 weeks - is more likely to be achievable. IF there is not a 4th wave worldwide in the northern winter period. 

• Like 2

The responsibles of this criminal vaccine management try to get off the hook

(LINK removed)

Edited by KaptainRob
Do not LINK to TE, please.

Off-topic posts removed - no more grammar lessons in this thread please.

Addit: Gummy and Stardust on notice of holidays if any further off-topic posts.  ?

Edited by KaptainRob
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AussieBob said:

Not only did they not vaccinate enough people because of arrogance and incompetence, but they gave the majority the Sino made Vacs. 

If you genuinely believe that's why Thailand doesn't have enough vaccines and hasn't vaccinated with any semblance of logic or reason, then you're either far more naive or far more out of touch than I gave you credit for.

16 hours ago, Stonker said:

If you genuinely believe that's why Thailand doesn't have enough vaccines and hasn't vaccinated with any semblance of logic or reason, then you're either far more naive or far more out of touch than I gave you credit for.

Besides taking my statement out of context :- "Yep - and that is why this thing aint over in Thailand by a long way. Not only did they not vaccinate enough people because of arrogance and incompetence, but they gave the majority the Sino made Vacs.  Besides all the Expat complaints in Thailand, one reason our Govts have suddenly given Thailand good vaccines for their Expats, is because they dont want all the complications from many Expats getting Covid in a country that has given them the least viable vaccines - that have not been approved in the west."  Please explain how I am being naïve or out of touch, when I stated that the Junta Govt's arrogance and incompetence is the reason for not enough people being vaccinated.