Confession and evidence, not a scapegoat, in Phuket murder

Thaiger

5 minutes ago, JamesR said:

All articles branch out onto related threads, but if you do not reply then fine as I won't have to be polite and reply. 

Well i wont be polite, why dont you just P off and stop annoying others here.?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Well i wont be polite, why dont you just P off and stop annoying others here.?

The only people I seem to be annoying are the old moaners.

Why don't you piss off to and try to be happy?

18 hours ago, Kim said:

I would like to add that its generally not safe for anyone in Phuket - its the wild wild east. The Judiciary has proven time and time again that it does not adhere to International standards. A life is worth nothing here and people will slaughter each other for nothing, as you can also see with the poor Swiss lady which was allegedly killed for thb 300 (EURO 7.4) . The local men has an uncontrollable temper and then add drugs and you have a lethal cocktail. Road rage from people driving their tuned pickup trucks are equally vile and care for no one else than themselves. Phuket was a wonderful family holiday island a decade ago, however, greed, stone age mentality, corruption and bad individuals have successfully destroyed it.

This is not a unique problem of Phuket, I see this social disintegration all over Thailand. 

13 minutes ago, palooka said:

This is not a unique problem of Phuket, I see this social disintegration all over Thailand. 

I have been going to Phuket for 30 years, I was there last year for seven months and I have never had a problem even late at night, they drive quite slowly compared to other places in Thailand and the quality of the shops,  new shopping centres, hotels, restaurants etc have gone up in standard over the last ten years due to the high number of Chinese tourists arriving each year.

Of course things have been quiet over the last year due to the virus.

The lifestyle is relaxed and really enjoyable. 

I have never spoken to anyone who has been robbed, house broken into or car stolen so I am not sure of the 'wild east' label, normally this is just gossip from one farang to another and by people who have never been there I can assume. 

And the many Thai people I know who go there (in normal years) think it is great for a holiday too.

It is of course more expensive than other places in Thailand but as the Carlsberg advertisement from many years ago, "It is reassuringly expensive".

But it is still really cheap compared to Europe. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, JamesR said:

I have been going to Phuket for 30 years, I was there last year for seven months and I have never had a problem even late at night, they drive quite slowly compared to other places in Thailand and the quality of the shops,  new shopping centres, hotels, restaurants etc have gone up in standard over the last ten years due to the high number of Chinese tourists arriving each year.

Of course things have been quiet over the last year due to the virus.

The lifestyle is relaxed and really enjoyable. 

I have never spoken to anyone who has been robbed, house broken into or car stolen so I am not sure of the 'wild east' label, normally this is just gossip from one farang to another and by people who have never been there I can assume. 

And the many Thai people I know who go there (in normal years) think it is great for a holiday too.

It is of course more expensive than other places in Thailand but as the Carlsberg advertisement from many years ago, "It is reassuringly expensive".

But it is still really cheap compared to Europe. 

Im not exactly sure where you stayed during your visits to Fuket for the past 30yrs, however, there is no direct correlation between speed and accidents (In most north european countries people drive much faster and has less traffic related accidents per capita). There is a reason as to why vehicle insurance premium is higher for a Phuket postal code compared with say Bangkok. 

As for the wild wild east, then you obviously does not read or speak Thai, as crime is prevalent and on the rise and reported in the local Thai news media every day, thus your argument is obsolete. 

Alot of Thais dont go to Fuket, because even the locals try to scam their own countrymen. 

I, however, agree with you that if you live like a local then its cheap. If you have a family and need a nice house, send your kids to a top international school, drive a nice car, eat none local food and just live a nice life, like you would in your own country, then Fuket is not cheap at all, but the weather and beaches are nice.

There are, however, some foreigners who like to portrait Fuket as such a wonderful island without any crimes etc. They clearly have a vested interest in Fuket and wants to create a rosy narrative, however, dont get fooled.

Edited by Kim
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, Kim said:

Im not exactly sure where you stayed during your visits to Fuket for the past 30yrs, however, there is no direct correlation between speed and accidents (In most north european countries people drive much faster and has less traffic related accidents per capita). There is a reason as to why vehicle insurance premium is higher for a Phuket postal code compared with say Bangkok. 

As for the wild wild east, then you obviously does not read or speak Thai, as crime is prevalent and on the rise and reported in the local Thai news media every day, thus your argument is obsolete. 

Alot of Thais dont go to Fuket, because even the locals try to scam their own countrymen. 

I, however, agree with you that if you live like a local then its cheap. If you have a family and need a nice house, send your kids to a top international school, drive a nice car, eat none local food and just live a nice life, like you would in your own country, then Fuket is not cheap at all, but the weather and beaches are nice.

There are, however, some foreigners who like to portrait Fuket as such a wonderful island without any crimes etc. They clearly have a vested interest in Fuket and wants to create a rosy narrative, however, dont get fooled.

I stay in Kathu, Kathu, the house is empty for six months of the year, that has been the case for the last ten years and it has never been damaged or broken into.

My car is parked under the carport on the driveway and has always been there and never stolen.

In most European countries people drive at slow speeds past schools and on small roads just as they do in Phuket, I and most other cars around me are doing 50 kms an hour as most of the roads are narrow.

There is a very close correlation regarding the speed that people drive and accidents everywhere in the world and that is why we all have speed limits depending on the type of road we drive on.

There is lots of crime and murders in Thailand but it is mostly Thai on Thai families, London for example in some areas has a lot of gang related knife crime and gun crime but it is 95% is black gangs fighting black gangs, I live 30 miles away and the worst thing that has happened in my area in 25 years is a lawnmower was stolen from a garden.

I can not read Thai but I can speak it, I can also read English and two other languages and I do know that in Thailand there are lots of English speaking news papers and news articles which I keep up with plus I have many friends who have lived full time in Phuket for the last 25 years so they let me know what is going on.

I have never been scammed in Phuket, the prices are displayed and we all pay the same price unless a person is totally dim.

You can buy a nice three bedroomed detached house of solid construction on a protected compound for 5 million baht, about five times cheaper than the price I would pay in my part of the UK so it is not expensive. 

I would not send my kids to a school in Thailand as the standard and the chances they have in life are limited, my kids went to private school in the UK, many rich Thais send their kids overseas too to school.

Thailand is not a great place to bring up kids if you want a future for them, let them grow up in Europe for instance and then you can then go and live in Thailand once they have grown up and left home.

My only vested interest in Phuket is I do not have to wear a vest there a it is nice and hot. 

I have not been fooled by going to Phuket since 1987 so I doubt I will be fooled now. 

Food in Phuket is cheap whether international or local compared to Europe for example. 

So keep your money and assets in your own country where it is safe and then live off it in Thailand.

Most of the many Thais I know who moved to the UK stay here as they like it better and only go to Thailand on holiday. 

The above is my opinion, and others of course are allowed to disagree. 

Edited by JamesR
detail
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, JamesR said:

Most of the visitors are Chineses and other Asians, I think the seedy farangs now visit Pattaya instead which is great for us visitors to Phuket. 

Currently, in Phuket, that is not accurate.

Are you referring to before Sandbox?

Most of the Sandbox travelers to Phuket are not from China, nor India, nor Japan, nor Taiwan, nor South Korea.  Nor Russia for that matter.  The reasons for this are clear - its either very difficult for those tourists to return to their counties (due to 3 week quarantines) or visitors from those countries (ie India) not currently allowed, or the vaccine in those countries (ie Russia) is not yet WHO recognized.

And domestic travel to Phuket (for non-essential) is also closed.

So that observation (" most of the visitors are Chinese and other Asians" ) , is actually out of date wrt Phuket.

7 hours ago, JamesR said:

There were a series of robberies in Khao Kad last year in April, where Khao Kad is the same neighbourhood as AoYon where the murders took place. 

After the robberies, there was a massive police presence, and the robber (not some scapegoat) was quickly found, and some of what he stole recovered and returned.

The locals suspect a key reason for the quick response, is the former Head of Tourist police in Phuket, who used to live on this beach (but was subsequently been promoted and moved to a much more senior position in Bangkok) is believed to still own an expensive villa on the beach.  I'm told he also has local friends who still live on this and AoYon beach.  He does not want to see this turn into a lawless area.

Needless to say, when the AoYon murderer took place, solving this murder properly was mostly likely the key and most important item on his agenda for a brief time. ie catch the actual perpetrator and not some scape goat.  The final court date is still some time off, but I think in this case, there is a high Thailand police motivation to put away the actual perpetrator. 

One should not overlook the importance of self interest in such things - and in this case, its looking after one of 'a senior police officer's neighborhoods'.  All IMHO of course.

And of course aspects like this won't contribute to convince the skeptics with made up minds .

25 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Currently, in Phuket, that is not accurate.

Are you referring to before Sandbox?

Most of the Sandbox travelers to Phuket are not from China, nor India, nor Japan, nor Taiwan, nor South Korea.  Nor Russia for that matter.  The reasons for this are clear - its either very difficult for those tourists to return to their counties (due to 3 week quarantines) or visitors from those countries (ie India) not currently allowed, or the vaccine in those countries (ie Russia) is not yet WHO recognized.

And domestic travel to Phuket (for non-essential) is also closed.

So that observation (" most of the visitors are Chinese and other Asians" ) , is actually out of date wrt Phuket.

Oops, a slight modification, in normal years pre covid, most of the visitors to Phuket are Chinese. 

• Like 1

<Kim quote deleted>

Your comment re the house and car is just plain stupid. I am sure the contents of a house is not dependent on what type of house it is. 

Scams happen in all countries in the world so why select Thailand as the only place?

If you do not like Thailand as much as you claim then leave, no one will miss you.

I am not claiming there are no scams, I am just not stupid enough to fall for one, are you ?

Four or five of the top ten universities in the world are in England, you need to go to a top school to get in. Look at the rich in Thailand, they send their kids there if they can qualify to get in. 

There is an Oxford/Cambridge union in Thailand, a lot of the more educated people in Thailand meet up for dinner once a year in BKK in December, I am in that club.

You seem to be angry with life thus the name you use for this beautiful island, "Fuket", 

Edited by KaptainRob
Quote deleted

3 minutes ago, JamesR said:

f you do not like Thailand as much as you claim then leave, no one will miss you.

I am not claiming there are no scams, I am just not stupid enough to fall for one, are you ?

Gawd do you never stop spouting sh##e?

Myself and many others are totally peed off with it, stop it, it is getting boring seeing you post the same c##p to several different members.?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Gawd do you never stop spouting sh##e?

Myself and many others are totally peed off with it, stop it, it is getting boring seeing you post the same c##p to several different members.?

It is not my fault you are a moaning old age pensioner, get a life and stop trying to claim you own this blog. 

Who do you think you are?

Talking of crap, look in the mirror and leave me alone.

13 minutes ago, JamesR said:

Your comment re the house and car is just plain stupid. I am sure the contents of a house is not dependent on what type of house it is. 

Scams happen in all countries in the world so why select Thailand as the only place?

If you do not like Thailand as much as you claim then leave, no one will miss you.

Four or five of the top ten universities in the world are in England, you need to go to a top school to get in. Look at the rich in Thailand, they send their kids there if they can qualify to get in. 

There is an Oxford/Cambridge union in Thailand, a lot of the more educated people in Thailand meet up for dinner once a year in BKK in December, I am in that club.

You seem to be angry with life thus the name you use for this beautiful island, "Fuket", 

You don't need to go to a top school to get into ANY of the top universities in the UK. It certainly helps, but they actually have quotas to ensure they admit a 'diverse' background of students. If you're smart enough, a place you shall have.

There is not an Oxford/Cambridge union in Thailand... trust me.

Phuket may be beautiful (I don't know, I've never been) but it has a reputation as a place for whoring and partying. Hence the catchy moniker.

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

Four or five of the top ten universities in the world are in England, you need to go to a top school to get in.

No, you are incorrect.

They obviously want good grades, but not for a very long time, has 'a top school' been relevant in admission.

9 hours ago, Faraday said:

No, you are incorrect.

They obviously want good grades, but not for a very long time, has 'a top school' been relevant in admission.

50% of home students at Oxford are still from private schools, so it does mean you have a better chance of getting in taking into account how many people attend private school and government schools.

That was my experience anyway at Oxford, I went to a state school.

41 minutes ago, JamesR said:

50% of home students at Oxford are still from private schools, so it does mean you have a better chance of getting in taking into account how many people attend private school and government schools.

That was my experience anyway at Oxford, I went to a state school.

Which college?

9 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Which college?

Trinity, it is central on Broad Street near the town centre.

Matriculated in the year 2000.

One of the smaller colleges.