Confession and evidence, not a scapegoat, in Phuket murder

Thaiger

More details are emerging as confirmed about the suspect arrested in the horrifying murder of Swiss traveller Nicole Sauvain-Weisskopf, found dead at Ao Yon Waterfall on Friday. Police have taken Teerawat Thothip into custody and say that he has confessed to the crime amid suspicions that Phuket police would find a scapegoat to quickly “solve” the crime. The 27 year old local man lives in Thalang, not far from the murder, and was seen on a CCTV security camera riding a motorcycle near the scene of the crime. Police faced heavy pressure from locals all Phuket Sandbox leaders all the […]

The post Confession and evidence, not a scapegoat, in Phuket murder appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Crappy C/P  reporting in many ways  FACT CHECK  Thalang is on the north side of the island - no where near the south end where this crime occurred.

Almost a completely different story from what The Phuket News is reporting- just a robbery gone bad is what the man has confessed to, and nothing about being aroused, attempted rape,  questioned on a motorbike, bruises... etc etc 

I'll  go  with  TPN's version  over the above salivating  conjecture and presumption riddled reporting 

Edited by ChristyS
  • Like 2

Give credit where it is due - the Thai Police responded very fast and well, and they have arrested a valid suspect (this time).   

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Colin said:

Yesterday it was pointed out that the man in the CCTV image appeared to have tattoos on his right arm. The photo then published of the suspect showed none. Has this discrepancy been explained ?  

Probably more of an example of the incompetence of the Thai media organisations that anything else. 

• Like 3

Need to realize that it is simply not safe , especially for women , to go to remote places alone anymore .

If there would have been more people around over there , the outcome of this story would have been different .

Just too many ( young ) men here get high on Yaba or ICE and lose their mind , capable to commit the most horrible crimes  .

And they are everywhere .

Edited by Nobodysfriend
  • Like 3

Its a product of the substandard policing system that without any prompting the investigators feel they have to state that the accused is not a scapegoat. I along with most do not have acess to any evidence and rightly so.  The evidence is Hopefully sufficient to prove or disprove his guilt.   Confession is not sufficient here. Interviews should be recorded. Does he have real knowledge of crime, womans description, clothing, body position, where plastic sheet came from, what did he steal, plenty specific questions only culprit would know,, if interview recorded it helps to convince court.. He lives near locus of murder so being on motorcyce in area is normal.. Not stopping for police,,, again he is drug abuser, perhaps something other to hide.. Just so many variables here... 

• Like 5

Terrible incident it goes without saying. I did however find it predictable that somehow a comment about the woman apparently said to hotel staff that “she loved it here” managed to get in to this report. I just wonder why that was in the report? 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Nobodysfriend said:

Need to realize that it is simply not safe , especially for women , to go to remote places alone anymore .

If there would have been more people around over there , the outcome of this story would have been different .

Just too many ( young ) men here get high on Yaba or ICE and lose their mind , capable to commit the most horrible crimes  .

And they are everywhere .

I would like to add that its generally not safe for anyone in Phuket - its the wild wild east. The Judiciary has proven time and time again that it does not adhere to International standards. A life is worth nothing here and people will slaughter each other for nothing, as you can also see with the poor Swiss lady which was allegedly killed for thb 300 (EURO 7.4) . The local men has an uncontrollable temper and then add drugs and you have a lethal cocktail. Road rage from people driving their tuned pickup trucks are equally vile and care for no one else than themselves. Phuket was a wonderful family holiday island a decade ago, however, greed, stone age mentality, corruption and bad individuals have successfully destroyed it.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Kim said:

I would like to add that its generally not safe for anyone in Phuket - its the wild wild east. The Judiciary has proven time and time again that it does not adhere to International standards. A life is worth nothing here and people will slaughter each other for nothing, as you can also see with the poor Swiss lady which was allegedly killed for thb 300 (EURO 7.4) . The local men has an uncontrollable temper and then add drugs and you have a lethal cocktail. Road rage from people driving their tuned pickup trucks are equally vile and care for no one else than themselves. Phuket was a wonderful family holiday island a decade ago, however, greed, stone age mentality, corruption and bad individuals have successfully destroyed it.

it was 30 years ago, from then on it went downhill both due to seedy Thais and foreigners 

6 hours ago, Colin said:

Yesterday it was pointed out that the man in the CCTV image appeared to have tattoos on his right arm. The photo then published of the suspect showed none. Has this discrepancy been explained ?  

Are you talking about the scooter riding CCTV image? I can't see a tattoo.

19 minutes ago, Colin said:

If you enlarge the image, the guy's right forearm (and, I think, left arm too) appears to be tattooed. Maybe a trick of the light but it was raised by another poster and I was asking if that question had been answered.

tattoo.jpg

Also dubious is why would a man, who claims to have found that poor lady sexually arousing, be on a pink motorcycle, seems that something is queer about this whole thing

I hope they are going to charge him with not wearing a helmet! That image doesn’t even look like the mugshot of the guy they arrested. Can’t see the bum fluff  these Thai lads think looks good due to the mask. 

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Colin said:

If you enlarge the image, the guy's right forearm (and, I think, left arm too) appears to be tattooed. Maybe a trick of the light but it was raised by another poster and I was asking if that question had been answered.

tattoo.jpg

His hands, knee, foot, forehead and nose also "appear to be tattooed", as do the motorbike seat, the back of the mirror, and the passenger grab rail!

6 hours ago, ThairdOfBS said:

Simple solution, bring in a Swiss Police Homicide Detective, then (proper) suspicions might be diluted

555. Your joking right?

As a foreign police authority in a country like Thailand will never work.

16 minutes ago, Stonker said:

His hands, knee, foot, forehead and nose also "appear to be tattooed", as do the motorbike seat, the back of the mirror, and the passenger grab rail!

good Thai quality CCTV.

• Haha 1

Even his hair line is not the same in the cctc shot on the scooter. He has a v hair line with long straight hair, in the mug shot his hair is fuzzy with a straight hair line.

Edited by King Cotton
Change text from bold to normal. All bold text, like all CAPS, is shouting, ref Guideline 14
  • Like 1

Welcome to Communist Chinese mentality. Guilty until proven innocent. Wasn't it signed, sealed and delivered that he was 'Burmese'? Originally.

10 minutes ago, Guevara said:

Welcome to Communist Chinese mentality. Guilty until proven innocent. Wasn't it signed, sealed and delivered that he was 'Burmese'? Originally.

Yeah, blame the Chinese.........

It was the press (and some posters here) that raised the question of a Burmese subject.

Edited by Poolie
Correction
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, gummy said:

it was 30 years ago, from then on it went downhill both due to seedy Thais and foreigners 

The seedy foreigners in Phuket have gone as 90% of the bar areas have also gone and been replaced with hotels and shops.

Most of the visitors are Chineses and other Asians, I think the seedy farangs now visit Pattaya instead which is great for us visitors to Phuket. 

One woman is killed out of hundreds of millions of tourists, I bet Phuket is safer than the countries where the tourists come from especially places like the USA.

But there are 25,000 mostly Thai people killed on roads every years and hundreds thousands of people injured, that doesn't seem to cause much reaction, no helmets enforced etc.

3 hours ago, JamesR said:

The seedy foreigners in Phuket have gone as 90% of the bar areas have also gone and been replaced with hotels and shops.

Most of the visitors are Chineses and other Asians, I think the seedy farangs now visit Pattaya instead which is great for us visitors to Phuket. 

One woman is killed out of hundreds of millions of tourists, I bet Phuket is safer than the countries where the tourists come from especially places like the USA.

But there are 25,000 mostly Thai people killed on roads every years and hundreds thousands of people injured, that doesn't seem to cause much reaction, no helmets enforced etc.

Interesting that you seem to associate Thailands road deaths as a comparison to indicate one murdered Swiss lady in Phuket is insignificant. And also you appear delusional in suggesting Phuket currently has " One woman is killed out of hundreds of millions of tourists". From your statement it appears you have lost all sense of reality.

46 minutes ago, gummy said:

Interesting that you seem to associate Thailands road deaths as a comparison to indicate one murdered Swiss lady in Phuket is insignificant. And also you appear delusional in suggesting Phuket currently has " One woman is killed out of hundreds of millions of tourists". From your statement it appears you have lost all sense of reality.

I compared the safety of living in Phuket, Thailand against the safety of living in many other countries around the world re murders, also do you think that Thai lives do not matter re road deaths when it could quite easily be reduced by police enforcing the highway rules eg wearing helmets, stopping kids riding motorbikes etc?

17 minutes ago, JamesR said:

I compared the safety of living in Phuket, Thailand against the safety of living in many other countries around the world re murders, also do you think that Thai lives do not matter re road deaths when it could quite easily be reduced by police enforcing the highway rules eg wearing helmets, stopping kids riding motorbikes etc?

This thread is not about a comparison of road traffic accidents or murders around the world it is about the murder of a poor women whilst participating in the sandbox experiment in Phuket which you appear to be unable to grasp the seriousness off.  I have been patient so far with your deflective rants and now like others on here its time to say bye bye, you are on ignore

7 minutes ago, gummy said:

This thread is not about a comparison of road traffic accidents or murders around the world it is about the murder of a poor women whilst participating in the sandbox experiment in Phuket which you appear to be unable to grasp the seriousness off.  I have been patient so far with your deflective rants and now like others on here its time to say bye bye, you are on ignore

All articles branch out onto related threads, but if you do not reply then fine as I won't have to be polite and reply.