Thailand’s Teflon MP denies he is “ready” to be the next Thai PM

Thaiger

Thammanat Prompao for Thai PM. Huh?! The Palang Pracharat ‘fixer’, and former guest of the Australian prison system, is crying ‘fake news’ over a social media post saying that he’s “ready and waiting” to be offered the top job in Thai politics. Palang Pracharat is the majority coalition party in the current Thai government. The Agriculture and Cooperatives minister, and MP for Phayao, ‘Captain’ Thammanat Prompao has dodged plenty of political bullets after it was revealed in a series of Sydney Morning Herald articles, the dark past of a younger Thammanat Prompao. One headline in 2019 read From sinister to minister: […]

The post Thailand’s Teflon MP denies he is “ready” to be the next Thai PM appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Thailand has a totally useless selfish bunch running things at the moment, but if that man is considered to be a viable replacement PM, then Thailand is doomed.

A convicted drug dealer as PM, hells bells what ever next?

• Like 8

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

Thailand has a totally useless selfish bunch running things at the moment, but if that man is considered to be a viable replacement PM, then Thailand is doomed.

"Boss" comes back after the statute of limitations runs out and is offered the post

8 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I can imagine the paperwork required to be become a member of parliament:
Q6: Do you have a criminal record?
A6: Sorry no, I didn't realise it was compulsory.

• Like 1
  • Haha 10

It's not what you have done, how much time spent in prison, how competent you are or what qualifications you hold here- It's all about who is backing you!

2 minutes ago, thai3 said:

It's not what you have done, how much time spent in prison, how competent you are or what qualifications you hold here- It's all about who is backing you!

True and you only need one person in Thailand

what was extraordinary and difficult to digest was all 9 Constitution judges unanimously voted that this heroin smuggler was fit and and proper to serve as a mp ad a close allied on the present pm what message this sends is this government have no morals,ethics and integrity as a role model,but this latest speculation is what it is,he will never be a pm

• Like 2

Just now, harry1 said:

what was extraordinary and difficult to digest was all 9 Constitution judges unanimously voted that this heroin smuggler was fit and and proper to serve as a mp ad a close allied on the present pm what message this sends is this government have no morals,ethics and integrity as a role model,but this latest speculation is what it is,he will never be a pm

Or it sends another message that being a judge in Thailand is highly rewarding

I almost for one would love to see this clown somehow become the leader. This would certainly stoke the fire and stir the pot of probably most all Thais for perhaps being the last straw on the camel's back. Rage comes to mind. Big head Anutin would be more acceptable than him.

Do you think Steven100 would change his Avatar to him?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, harry1 said:

Should it have been a bigger crime to get higher? Heroin smuggling must be a lesser crime than armed coup.

2 minutes ago, Bluesofa said:

Should it have been a bigger crime to get higher? Heroin smuggling must be a lesser crime than armed coup.

We must remember that it is totally acceptable to be incarcerated outside of Thailand and still hold office. No problem if you are a Thai Jack the Ripper, just as long as you did not do it on home soil then all is ok to be elected or nominated to a high position. If you read the article, I hands down believe Chuwit.

• Like 1

you guys are really negative . this young politician was enrolled in the " culinary institute payola" so he had a bag of flower and was going to trick some bees into giving honey. this was practice and way to show the future leaders of Thailand that he was ready when needed

rr2.jpeg.9d8b99c486b5f5cb85d5fa6e237739c4.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

We must remember that it is totally acceptable to be incarcerated outside of Thailand and still hold office. No problem if you are a Thai Jack the Ripper, just as long as you did not do it on home soil then all is ok to be elected or nominated to a high position. If you read the article, I hands down believe Chuwit.

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Chuwit claimed he had “heard of the name of Captain Thammanat” 20 years ago when he was serving jail time in Bangkok.|
He noted in his post that Thammanat “was a quick political learner” and “mixes well with the elite”.
“That was ideal for someone to be a politician or a gangster. ”

“That was ideal for someone to be a politician or a gangster. ”    Yeah, a good summary of Thai politics.

• Like 1

Maybe a little out of context, but two old sayings that always make me snicker.

A face only his mother could love, and If my dog was as ugly as him, I would shave his a** and teach him to walk backwards.

• Haha 1

Never in a million years. His past (and present - 2 wives) is far too murky. As I don't want to get sued or locked up for posting the truth, I'll leave it there...

1 hour ago, Faraday said:

Price of smack'd go down, I'll wager.

Well won't worry the "Teflon MP's " biggest pal I doubt whether it goes up or down, no doubt gets regular freebies.

He likely gotten the death sentence under the Thai system not just a few years in a civilized jail! And if that's the case we wouldn't even read about this now! LOL!

6 minutes ago, billybob said:

It won't happen not unless they want fast forward to failed state. 

It must be tottering on that already 

I wounder how off the wall this is?

If the Thai elite are concerned about the current PM's performance and standing, what to do, in order to preserve themselves, how about making him a fall guy?

Get the one who must not be named, to  give Taksin a pardon?

Then get him back home, install him in office, let him promise/provide the people with a guaranteed income or food rations etc. for the length of the Covid19 crisis. 

I think this would be very popular with the masses, and the powers that be might  see it as a way to hold on to power.

This is a full bottle of red wine thought. ?

• Cool 1