Bargain price for a trip to space

gummy

5 minutes ago, gummy said:

For those of you who like to impress others with your wealth, and we know there are a few of you, then this should be just up your street. Well up your street not quite but up there somewhere

https://www.bbc.com/news/business-58120009

There are some members on this Forum for which I would gladly provide a contribution to a 'Go Fund Them' for such a trip... ?

1 minute ago, BlueSphinx said:

There are some members on this Forum for which I would gladly provide a contribution to a 'Go Fund Them' for such a trip... ?

Perhaps half price for one way only ?

If you read the fine print it says (sic) that a ride on the 'vomit comet' is only available to those fully vaccinated against Covid. I am half way there - so I will be reserving a ticket soon.

Actually, I can spend the week in Scotland with first class tickets in the 5 star hotel on site with all expenses paid and watch the Open at St Andrews with 'full access' passes to the players area for less than 10% of that amount of money.

Compare that to a few minutes of basically free falling in the upper atmosphere (not real space) with the probability of me or someone else vomiting - it aint worth even looking at.  That is in my opinion the ultimate 'suckers pin' at $500K.

45 minutes ago, AussieBob said:

If you read the fine print it says (sic) that a ride on the 'vomit comet' is only available to those fully vaccinated against Covid. I am half way there - so I will be reserving a ticket soon.

Actually, I can spend the week in Scotland with first class tickets in the 5 star hotel on site with all expenses paid and watch the Open at St Andrews with 'full access' passes to the players area for less than 10% of that amount of money.

Compare that to a few minutes of basically free falling in the upper atmosphere (not real space) with the probability of me or someone else vomiting - it aint worth even looking at.  That is in my opinion the ultimate 'suckers pin' at $500K.

I wholeheartedly agree with you and whilst there will be a very few people who are doing it for the pure experience I suspect the vast majority with billions will be more inclined to take that ride purely for the bragging rights. Its just the latest progression from being seen with a "designer" handbag.

22 hours ago, gummy said:

I wholeheartedly agree with you and whilst there will be a very few people who are doing it for the pure experience I suspect the vast majority with billions will be more inclined to take that ride purely for the bragging rights. Its just the latest progression from being seen with a "designer" handbag.

Well said @gummy - a total farce for the totally stupid rich.