UPDATE: Suspect in Swiss murder in Phuket is a Thai man

Thaiger

27 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

you should learn a bit about respective families in Phuket and Kao Tao.

I don't know about the respective families. What is meant by that? Surely there are many families and perhaps some individuals without families on the islands. Do "the families" control the police? 

Sincerely, I wish to know what you mean.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

I don't know about the respective families. What is meant by that? Surely there are many families and perhaps some individuals without families on the islands. Do "the families" control the police? 

Spend some time on google, and you will see what I mean.  This is not the best reference by ANY stretch ... but maybe it will motivate you to dig deeper.

https://www.independent.co.uk/travel/asia/koh-tao-thailand-dark-side-car-crash-murders-mafia-suspicious-deaths-a7824171.html

“Police say there will be a press conference tomorrow about the murder of the Swiss tourist. They insist the suspect is not a scapegoat as he has already confessed.”

Translation:

"We have already beaten a confession out of him.  Reenactment coming soon to really nail this thing down."

i smell fish here, not orchids . Thai man? Not possible, he has to have at least 20% of some other dirty blood. And sorry, when i was 27 i would not get easily aroused by even at 27 year old woman.

3 minutes ago, Changnam43 said:

“Police say there will be a press conference tomorrow about the murder of the Swiss tourist. They insist the suspect is not a scapegoat as he has already confessed.”

Translation:

"We have already beaten a confession out of him.  Reenactment coming soon to really nail this thing down."

Maybe to avoid any more embarrassment to the RTP the scapegoat   the detained person will volunteer to hang himself so hence case solved and closed.

Suwat Jangyodsuk, is he fully vaccinated and did he have a PCR test when he entered Phuket and waited in isolation for the result of his PCR test?

22 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

Spend some time on google, and you will see what I mean.  This is not the best reference by ANY stretch ... but maybe it will motivate you to dig deeper.

OK, you meant organized crime families. Got it...guess I should have deduced that.

1 hour ago, oldcpu said:

Tell me again - what do you know of the families ?  Nothing ?  I thought so.

I find this "argument" spurious, at best.  The "families"?  

If you are referring to a mafia style family, even they wouldn't control every person on the island.  

I had actually written more to rebut this concept of yours, but in the end, it's just not worth it.

Edited by MrStretch
  • Thanks 1

Well, that's a turn up for the book, a Thai arrested for this crime.

I hope the Swiss are allowed to observe the full process,  and to be fully satisfied, that the correct individual and the evidence all marry up. If they do, let's have him tried.

If found guilty,  execute him, and make sure everyone knows this behaviour and crime will not be tolerated.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

OK, you meant organized crime families. Got it...guess I should have deduced that.

Hopefully they continue the investigation despite having a suspect under arrest. Do the police know for certain it was only one man involved? What if there were more than one involved and the person they caught, even if involved in the murder, is not the only one and he is covering up for the other?

My hope is the presence of the Swiss Police observer will keep things on the level such that other appropriate possibilities are not over looked.

Maybe the forensic evidence will confirm things.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, stevenkongju said:

Some family's own the police Steve in Phuket and other Island's.

• Like 1

Just now, vlad said:

Some family's own the police Steve in Phuket and other Island's.

In fact in most of Thailand their allegiance and favours are bought.

1 minute ago, oldcpu said:

Hopefully they continue the investigation despite having a suspect under arrest. Do the police know for certain it was only one man involved? What if there were more than one involved and the person they caught, even if involved in the murder, is not the only one and he is covering up for the other?

My hope is the presence of the Swiss Police observer will keep things on the level such that other appropriate possibilities are not over looked.

The BIB Don't do forensic's oldcpu. Why do all the paperwork when we can pull a migrant in saves us time and effort. That's as far as our forensics go. Som Nam Na.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrStretch said:

I find this "argument" spurious, at best.  The "families"?  

If you are referring to a mafia style family, even they wouldn't control every person on the island.  

They don't have to control everyone on the island. Just key aspects .. in short a small island is easier to control than a larger island. So research this. See what is the case between the two islands.

I can save you the time. There is minimal commonality between the Islands wrt family control, ... but those who have never taken the time to research such would not know .

It's senseless though discussing with many on this forum. They see corruption behind EVERY tree, .... even thou many trees are different, they can't believe some trees could exist that have no corruption behind.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

8 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

That comment just proves how clueless you are, forensics behave your self.mr bean GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

What is bugging me is how the rider/suspect is riding on the wrong side of the road and looking up at the camera. Its almost as its a still image taken. Also the time and date of the camera can easily be changed. Could well be a set up. Suspect/rider gets offered a sum of money to do it and confess. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, colinneil said:

That comment just proves how clueless you are, forensics behave your self.mr bean GIF

And yours how prejudiced you are.

6 minutes ago, Ben10 said:

What is bugging me is how the rider/suspect is riding on the wrong side of the road and looking up at the camera. Its almost as its a still image taken. Also the time and date of the camera can easily be changed. Could well be a set up. Suspect/rider gets offered a sum of money to do it and confess. 

Well what you say is not beyond the realms  of probability given the reputation of the RTP and also bearing in mind that this is Thailand where it is not unknown for the guilty party to get off scot free by arranging for others to take the fall. More like a long held tradition.

41 minutes ago, oldcpu said:

A bit extreme, more than one ? I don't think so. They have one ( the suspect ) on CCTV, I  suppose the other one lives in the forest.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Golden-Triangle said:

A bit extreme, more than one ? I don't think so. They have one ( the suspect ) on CCTV, I  suppose the other one lives in the forest.

Ahh, that would be Forrest Gump

1 minute ago, Poolie said:

Crikey and I thought the TVF sleuths were 'on the ball' or was that on something else?

I think some are on secondment here

1 hour ago, Ben10 said:

What is bugging me is how the rider/suspect is riding on the wrong side of the road and looking up at the camera. Its almost as its a still image taken. Also the time and date of the camera can easily be changed. 

I've been puzzling over that images as well.  I went to Google images and I am pretty certain I found the location where the Bangkok Post posted CCTV image was taken.  Somewhere around: 7.82078, 98.38981

I note that time 10:01:12. If one looks at the sun shade on the road, that time if local time makes no sense to me, unless the CCTV time is UTC time (ie 7 hour difference). If UTC time it would be 17:01:12 and then the sun shade makes more sense for the time (although I would need to visit the exact spot at that time to be certain).  If I have the perspective correct, it shows him driving north, I think, toward the crime scene.

So why is he driving on the wrong side of the road? Its against the law! < gasp >

Has anyone, ever, ever, seen a local driver drive on the wrong side of the road? Ever?  ... Hmm ....  

As for the camera - I could not find the camera on the Google image although I note there is a telephone pole where I suspect the camera should be (in a Google map image).  The Google map image capture date of September-2018 is a few years old , so possibly it is not up to date.  ...   Or possibly the resolution of the image of the telephone pole is not good enough for me to recognize a camera or I don't know what the CCTV camera looks like (probably the explanation).

Regardless, I am pretty certain I know where that image was taken - which obviously (to me) proves nothing to me.

At most, I guess, it lets the authorities know of someone in the area around 5pm local time (I assuming I am correct about UTC time), matching the description of the person on the motorbike.  Maybe another CCTV image caught a licence plate ?  ... or have better images of the person at a different time (say an hour later), looking more disheveled?  Wild speculation on my part. We simply don't have the information.

If the CCTV does lead the authorities to capture the real criminal then that is good news.  I guess we need to wait to find out.

Just a qualifying note - the above is VERY speculative on my part - and it needs to be treated as such ... ie with LOTS of salt.

Edited by oldcpu