Phuket police claim they have arrested a suspect in the murder of the Swiss Sandboxer

Thaiger

13 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The charged is a 27 year old Thai who lives in the area from recent reports.

He's been charged already?

Excellent news for the safety of Thai tourists. If it is the right guy then it shouldn't happen again I hope. I just wish we could have prevented all this as the world is a crazy place 

Just now, Shane said:

Excellent news for the safety of Thai tourists. If it is the right guy then it shouldn't happen again I hope. I just wish we could have prevented all this as the world is a crazy place 

The right guys with envelopes mostly never ending up in a jail.

1 hour ago, Poolie said:

People want him to be Burmese so they can say 'told you so.'

Wait and see.

You should tell that to the RTP. This cop seems to think this person is guilty until proven innocent. “All wrapped up” he’s quoted as saying. 

18 minutes ago, Shane said:

Don’t worry, the TAT are already using it as an excuse when arrival numbers fall in to Phuket. They are quoted as saying “The Sandbox scheme was starting to gather pace”. I really think they believe their own BS. 

• Like 1

Just read it’s a 27 year old Thai man who’s been arrested and allegedly confessed “After intense interrogation”. Yeah I bet? 

The guy allegedly said “he became aroused”. I read these kind of comments in the Thai media regularly. It’s obviously seen, and perhaps accepted, as  justification for their acts of sexual violence. Inscrutable people the Thais. 

21 minutes ago, Soidog said:

Just read it’s a 27 year old Thai man who’s been arrested and allegedly confessed “After intense interrogation”. Yeah I bet? 

The guy allegedly said “he became aroused”. I read these kind of comments in the Thai media regularly. It’s obviously seen, and perhaps accepted, as  justification for their acts of sexual violence. Inscrutable people the Thais. 

Yes, thats why they lock 'em up. Justification indeed.

15 hours ago, Soidog said:

To be fair, that's probably why all rapists do it - they become aroused. Be a bit difficult to do the deed if he wasn't.

its seems the police have learnt nothing from past events,saw many official  wandering around contaminated forensic evidence,its appears photoshoot are more important than procedures,lets hope this guys arrested is the cowardly murderer 

Edited by harry1
made a mispelling

6 hours ago, Ubon2530 said:

To be fair, that's probably why all rapists do it - they become aroused. Be a bit difficult to do the deed if he wasn't.

That obviously wasn’t my point! The way it’s reported suggests that in Thailand this is some mitigating reason for carrying out such a dreadful crime. I see it reported too often and lends an air of sympathy to the culprit. After all, what can you do if you are a man who becomes aroused when a woman walks by? You have no choice but to drown her or smash her brains in and rape her right! 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 4:38 PM, Shane said:

Yes give people 2000 baht a week and voila, no more robbery motives