Workers still locked up in Thai construction ‘camps’ | VIDEO

Thaiger

Tim Newton speaks to Shaun Stenning from 5 Star Marine and One Phuket outside a worker camp and constructions site in Kathu, Phuket. The situation is just a small part of a nationwide situation where 80,000 – 100,000 mostly migrant workers are virtually imprisoned in their construction sites. We get to the issues and the work being done by people to relieve the acute stress for these workers at this time. If you are able to donate to the “I Am Strong” Fundraiser, check this link…. https://gogetfunding.com/the-thaigers… (Was very loud standing on the side of the main road. We apologise […]

The post Workers still locked up in Thai construction ‘camps’ | VIDEO appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Tim Newton speaks to Shaun Stenning from 5 Star Marine and One Phuket outside a worker camp and constructions site in Kathu, Phuket. The situation is just a small part of a nationwide situation where 80,000 – 100,000 mostly migrant workers are virtually imprisoned in their construction sites. We get to the issues and the work being done by people to relieve the acute stress for these workers at this time. If you are able to donate to the “I Am Strong” Fundraiser, check this link…. https://gogetfunding.com/the-thaigers… (Was very loud standing on the side of the main road. We apologise […]

The post Workers still locked up in Thai construction ‘camps’ | VIDEO appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Disgusting treatment of fellow human beings by this government

24 minutes ago, gummy said:

Disgusting treatment of fellow human beings by this government

I didnt like that bit where only the Thai's had been vaccinated on the one site,

6 minutes ago, Lowseasonlover said:

I didnt like that bit where only the Thai's had been vaccinated on the one site,

It may be a case of the Burmese workers refusing vax as they are doing in Mae Hong Son and Chiang Mai.

Friend of mine bought Sinopharm vax for all of his ~50 workers but only the Thai's would take the jab.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, harry1 said:

shameful situation and being paid 50 baht a day ? the company is breaking the minimum wage rules and dreadful condition 

Not much they can do if they are illegal workers 

Just now, harry1 said:

shameful situation and being paid 50 baht a day ? the company is breaking the minimum wage rules and dreadful condition 

Unfortunately most of the companies are owned , or have major shareholdings in, by "connected" people who can do no wrong in gaining unimaginable wealth. Assisted of course by a government with some very suspicious military connections that seem confused about what constitutes illegal migration.