Enter Thailand quickly and easily during Covid-19!

Thaiger

Sponsored Article  Are you looking to easily travel to Thailand? If yes then you’re lucky you found us! Since Covid-19 hit the whole world in 2020, insurance with Covid-19 coverage has become necessary in order to fly to many countries, including Thailand. The Thaiger is here to help people of all nationalities, especially including Thais, plan their next trip to Thailand or back home. Working with our partners our specifically designed Insurance for Thailand Entry (COE) offered to you is going to save you time and make it much easier for you to enter the land of smiles. Entering Thailand […]

The post Enter Thailand quickly and easily during Covid-19! appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Only try not to at present unless you have a short time left on your permission to stay, otherwise the covid19 insurance will be very expensive for most. Can't see the point of it anyway as the likely hood of being able to get hospital treatment if needed looks rather slim

"insurance with Covid-19 coverage has become necessary in order to fly to many countries" - I'm pretty sure that isn't true. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately you don’t include anybody over 75. Therefore you should suggest insurance companies that do,if you are trying to perform any costumer service. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EdwardV said:

"insurance with Covid-19 coverage has become necessary in order to fly to many countries" - I'm pretty sure that isn't true. 

Depends on how you define "many".

"...You will need a Government-approved Covid-19 Thai travel insurance policy and Covid-19 negative test, and fit to fly certificate. Preparing and obtaining these documents on your own can sometimes be a hassle as the application must be done in advance and it can be time-consuming."

One small correction, I just entered Thailand on 29 July and there was no requirement for the fit-to-fly certificate.

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

You will need a Government-approved Covid-19 Thai travel insurance policy and Covid-19 negative test, and fit to fly certificate. Preparing and obtaining these documents on your own can sometimes be a hassle as the application must be done in advance and it can be time-consuming.

The good news is that we cover all those things for you! 

Really?  

You do the Covid-19 pre-flight test too?

14 hours ago, Thaiger said:

After a successful application, you’ll get your insurance policy and Covid-19 certificate directly to your email address immediately. 

Wow!

So you do send them a "Covid-19 certificate"!

How do you do that without giving them a test?

Maybe that goes some way to explaining why a number of Sandboxers and others test positive on arrival .....

• Like 2

Why use expensive AXA Insurance when you can get it much cheaper from Dhipaya Insurance like it is offered on the homepage of the Thai embassy in London? (Dhipaya 4400 thb vs AXA well over 7000 thb)

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

21 minutes ago, walker said:

Why use expensive AXA Insurance when you can get it much cheaper from Dhipaya Insurance like it is offered on the homepage of the Thai embassy in London? (Dhipaya 4400 thb vs AXA well over 7000 thb)

Can you please provide the link to the page with that Dhipaya insurance information.  Cannot find it on the homepage of the London Thai Embassy and also a search of the website does not provide any hits.

2 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Can you please provide the link to the page with that Dhipaya insurance information.  Cannot find it on the homepage of the London Thai Embassy and also a search of the website does not provide any hits.

The participating companies are listed under "Participating Companies" once you've checked the link where it says "Please check http://longstay.tgia.org for more information regarding the insurance requirement."

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Stonker said:

The participating companies are listed under "Participating Companies" once you've checked the link where it says "Please check http://longstay.tgia.org for more information regarding the insurance requirement."

Afaik can see that link is to subscribe to a Thai Non Imm O/O-A/O-X compliant 400K/40K in/out-patient health-insurance policy.  A 1-year policy for the LMG Plan1 (with 200K deductible) costs 6.000 to 11.400 in the age bracket of 51 to 75 years of age.  Would be interesting if Dhipaya offers a similar 400K/40K compliant policy for less than that amount, but cannot find it on their website.

@walker > Or are you referring to the 100.000 US $ covid-19 coverage insurance that one currently needs to comply with to meet CoE requirements when entering Thailand?  If so there are many options, ranging from FREE insurance (when flying Emirates) to subscribing to travel-insurance (always cheaper than health-insurance).

I bought AXA insurance. I did this because the Thai Embassy is just looking for mistakes and improper documents not to approve a COE (or even visas)! AXA seem to get the nod of the government but don't count on being fool proof! But here are a few things you may want to know! Once you buy the insurance it is NON REFUNDABLE. Yes they will work with you on the dates etc. But I suspect like me if you bought insurance for 3 months but only stay 2 months you will loose one month premium! Also AXA will send you a few files, confirmation, receipt and policy. Funny thing; I sent the embassy one of those that had two signatures. The Embassy rejected it and wanted the letter/policy that had 3 SIGNATURES and 1 STAMP! They also big on the fact that it has to state "COVID is covered" like not all of these policies will say it, I mean health insurance before COVID was not required or was it? 

Edited by Joe
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Freeduhdumb said:

Pretty good Prices here... just put your dates of stay according your Visa. 

Ah, another satisfied customer! And another happy-sounding debut post . . . thanks for that!

Hello, Freeduhdumb and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Cool 1

20 hours ago, BlueSphinx said:

Afaik can see that link is to subscribe to a Thai Non Imm O/O-A/O-X compliant 400K/40K in/out-patient health-insurance policy.  

No, that's the topic the link's in.

All you need to do to get the information you asked for is to follow the instructions and you get a range of visa options and insurance providers.

Try to interpret it another way and put your own spin on how to use it rather than just doing what they tell you and, unsurprisingly, you'll go astray.

• Cool 1

Make sure to read the insurance policy to see what it covers, in the case of the phuket sandbox issue where travellers were in contact with someone that tested positive and had to quarantine, their insurance didn't cover their quarantine expenses.

My insurance had a lot of coverage although was more expensive. 

• Like 1

On 8/7/2021 at 5:37 PM, King Cotton said:

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

I did some searching and couldn't find the "Guidelines" can you post a link here. Thank you for your time. Ahh silly me, I found it. 

https://thethaiger.com/forum-guidelines-and-rules

Edited by Freeduhdumb
additional
  • Haha 1

On 8/7/2021 at 3:55 AM, Zool said:

"...You will need a Government-approved Covid-19 Thai travel insurance policy and Covid-19 negative test, and fit to fly certificate. Preparing and obtaining these documents on your own can sometimes be a hassle as the application must be done in advance and it can be time-consuming."

One small correction, I just entered Thailand on 29 July and there was no requirement for the fit-to-fly certificate.

Yeah they dropped that awhile back. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/6/2021 at 1:55 PM, Zool said:

Government-approved Covid-19 Thai travel insurance policy 

Nope. As long as your policy docs indicate the correct coverage and that Thailand is included in the coverage area, you're good to go. Any policy meeting the requirements is OK. (But this is the problem with sponsored content. The sponsors can - and do - say things that are 1) untrue and 2) drive business to them.) If it's sponsored content it's basically bบลล s#!t.

10 minutes ago, thai3 said:

$278.40 for a months cover, no thanks

Hmm... must have went up or you entered your information in a different way. If I remember correctly I had chosen a few different options to get the best price. I got 3 months of coverage for $276.38

jdsk789.jpg

On 8/7/2021 at 4:32 PM, Stonker said:

That link as @BlueSphinxnoted is for the mandatory 400/40K Health Insurance applicable to the Non Imm O-A and O-X long stay Visa types.

The mandatory Covid Insurance $100,000 can be purchased from any Insurance provider, but if you want to try the tgia (Thai group Insurance Association) for a quote, then the link is Home - Covid 19 Insurance (tgia.org)

The mandatory $100,000 Covid Insurance is required by all travellers entering Thailand.
The 400/40K mandatory Health Insurance is different and only applies to Non Imm O-A / O-X Visa types.

• Thanks 1