Saiyok Floatel given 30 days to remove floating structures

Thaiger

The proprietor of the Saiyok Floatel in Kanchanaburi, a province in western Thailand, has been ordered to remove all their floating structures on the Kwae Noi River within 30 days. Reportedly, the resort is infringing on Sai Yok National Park’s land. Park officials posted the order via the Department of National Parks, Wildlife and Plant Conservation at the multi-million baht resort, today. Park officials say if the proprietor, Wasant Sodsai, doesn’t remove the structures within the 30 day window, the park officials will remove it themselves and fine the owner 500,00 baht for the trouble. Wasant currently faces a 10,000 […]

The post Saiyok Floatel given 30 days to remove floating structures appeared first on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's been there for years. They even built a freshwater swimming pool on a raft, in the middle of a muddy river...in a national park. No one noticed.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, BuffaloWhisperer said:

It's been there for years. They even built a freshwater swimming pool on a raft, in the middle of a muddy river...in a national park. No one noticed.

Must have had a changing of the guard and the new guards have not received their deployment bonuses perhaps.

4 minutes ago, gummy said:

Must have had a changing of the guard and the new guards have not received their deployment bonuses perhaps.

A severe case of envelope vision.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

But I never cease to be amazed at how many people develop resorts or businesses on what is "national" land.

Is there no permitting process here so that you can see you have clear title or legal right to build?

Every year we hear of another person that has been caught "encroaching".

I cannot fathom why this keeps happening.

They would better concentrate on those extremely noisy long tail boats that sound like heavy trucks without exhaust passing by.... in a National Park. Not too sure what wildlife things of those noisy boats... 

They should leave the resort in peace if it complies with pollution and used water discharge regulations. 

• Like 3

I fail to understand after years it has to go. My only problem was the prices they charge. Other than that it's a decent place to take friends who want to see the Kwae Noi River and of course the infamous bridge.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Guevara said:

And what colour might those envelopes be???

Brown is the favoured nondescript colour.

• Haha 1

Covid you see no tourist

Big Goverment boss still needs money 

remove youre stuff that's been there for years or fill the bigger envelope yes i know covid no tourist! 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Guevara said:

I fail to understand after years it has to go. My only problem was the prices they charge. Other than that it's a decent place to take friends who want to see the Kwae Noi River and of course the infamous bridge.

And Jeremy Clarkson thought so too but he did spot a slope on the bridge?